(Topic ID: 68667)

Formal Introduction- OPTIX MAXIMUS, Op-Max, Exclusively at Comet Pinball AMAZING

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryanwanger
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-140.jpg
    image-313.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-219.jpg
    image-538.jpg
    image.jpg
    FAN POP.jpg
    lite brite.jpg
    Light Chart2.jpg
    opmax blue.jpg
    opmax white.jpg
    opmax in yellow.jpg
    opmax red.jpg
    opmax Green2.jpg
    opmaxvsfrosted2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

Wow!! That yellow is impressive!! My samples didn't come in today but should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to check them out. Thanks Art for kicking the LED market up a few notches!

#9 10 years ago

Just got my Op-Max samples from Art. All I can say is these LEDs are great! I believe they will become the new standard for GI lighting. Compared to a frosted 1 SMD 5050 they have a similar look but are considerably brighter. They definitely throw more light to the sides also. They work excellent under the play field plastics and even when they peak out a bit from under the plastic, at that angle they don't blind you like some other brighter bulbs will. Specifically bulbs that are unfrosted like the 4+4 SMD tower or the 4+1 SMD or even just an uncapped 1SMD 5050.

They don't work all that well in a pop bumper because they do create a bit of a hotspot being so close to the underside of the cap. However Comet does have an excellent bulb for pop bumpers in their 6 BRILLIANT CRYSTAL FAN SHAPE LED. Here is the link to that great new LED bulb:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm

And here is a pic of the Crystal Fan Shape LED in the lower pop bumper and regular frosted 1 SMD 5050s in the top two pop bumpers:

FAN POP.jpgFAN POP.jpg

Behind a backglass the Op-Max bulbs will also create a hot spot being so close the glass. Best to stick with the regular frosted 1 SMD for that situation. You really don't want to make the backbox too bright as it will create too strong of a reflection in the glass above the playfield making it difficult to see the action. Better a brighter playfield using the Op-Max LEDs so that you can see the ball better and over power the backbox reflection in the glass.

So now I need to go and purchase some Op-Max LEDs so that I can brighten up my playfield a bit more. Actually not that bad of a thing to have to do as most playfields only have a dozen or so bulbs under the plastics anyways. plus changing bulbs under plastics is one of the easier things to do.

I highly recommend checking out these new Op-Max LEDs!! If you got nice bright LEDs under your inserts the Op-Max LEDs will complement them nicely for the GI lighting of the playfield. And don't forget to pick up a few of the Crystal Fan Shape LEDs for your Pop Bumpers while you're at it!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/formal-introduction-optix-maximus-op-max-exclusively-at-comet-pinball-amazing?tu=Jags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.