• Latest reply 7 years ago by bigd1979
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1490733238392 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1490733246168 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

From offers ive received the past few days when i mentioned i may sell to get a new one.. Id guess a nice original that has a unfaded screen printed cab , nice playfield with mantis/cliffys, leds, color dmd to sell around 6500'-7000 fairy easy.
A nib classic with color upgrade and shipping will be around 7300 and dont have the nice screen print cab and some them mods. I still like the original better in certain aspects like the use of the blackout board (awesome upgrade and effect) , you can color match the inserts and change flasher colors and domes , screen print cab, nicer translght, easy to work on and diagnose issues. Also still waiting to see how the strobe works on the new one (speed and brightness). Theres still market for nice originals just like mm. Both have a place in this hobby.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From offers ive received the past few days when i mentioned i may sell to get a new one.. Id guess a nice original that has a unfaded screen printed cab , nice playfield with mantis/cliffys, leds, color dmd to sell around 6500'-7000 fairy easy.
A nib classic with color upgrade and shipping will be around 7300 and dont have the nice screen print cab and some them mods. I still like the original better in certain aspects like the use of the blackout board (awesome upgrade and effect) , you can color match the inserts and change flasher colors and domes , screen print cab, nicer translght, easy to work on and diagnose issues. Also still waiting to see how the strobe works on the new one (speed and brightness). Theres still market for nice originals just like mm. Both have a place in this hobby.

By the way im not getting rid of mine lol.... i just had a bad moment of judgement for a few hours....

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I have a Revenge from Mars. Other than the video screen, is the game play markedly better in AFM? What about call outs and such. Revenge has a lot of them and many animations. Is AFM comparable?
Thx

They are not really similar at all other than the alien mars thing.....at least i dont think so

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am thinking about buying an original right now at $6,200 that is in very nice condition. Just not sure what to do.. Maybe I should buy the AFMr for a little more, but I do like the way the original machines play compared to the remakes.. Decisions, decisions..

If its unfaded and has nice playfield why not? You can do some nice mods to the original that u cant do to the new one.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I am thinking about buying an original right now at $6,200 that is in very nice condition. Just not sure what to do.. Maybe I should buy the AFMr for a little more, but I do like the way the original machines play compared to the remakes.. Decisions, decisions..

And you have it now and know what your getting ....

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Cabinet is nice unfaded but does have some scratches and a small chip out of front. Playfield has no wear but does have some lifting on inserts.. I'd like to get it under $6k but I don't think that is going to happen..

Dont sound to bad especially for a original with screen printed cab. Any upgrades like leds, cliffy/mantis , color dmd ? If u dont want it i know few people looking for a nice original bc they keep messaging me about mine ...

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Personally, with what you are describing I'd probably just buy AFMr unless, like you said, you can them down.

Tough call without pics but having a original has its perks over the newer one.....

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Just think about what happened to prices on MM when MMr was announced.
They dropped 30% or more. HEP's at one time were bringing close to $20K as I remember.

Big difference between the 2 imo as u cld/can get a nice modded original afm for below what a new classic shipped is.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

That is absolutely true, but it wont be absolutely brand new either, with new harness and all new mechs, Software adjustable coils, big display (if you like it) etc.
It would be a gently used, well maintained 20+ year old game.
So the price should be lower to reflect this.

Yea having new is nice but not necessarily the best choice for everyone. Like on the original, being able to led color match the inserts look much better imo, the blackout mod is a must and great addition on afm, being able to change flasher colors is nice also. Theres more but you get the point that u can really make the original your own and really modify things to your liking . But i also like some of the nice features on the new one also over the original lol. Another thing is just bc it has newer mechs dont mean they are better quality. I mean if they lasted this long they will probably last 20 more years. Both have better things about them and im just glad people can choose what they want now ..... more choices in pinball are good for everyone. Im going to play my afm now .....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forgive-me-attack-from-mars-originalspricing?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.