(Topic ID: 15360)

Forget the theme. Thoughts on WWF Royal Rumble?

By btrip

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aerobert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1288.JPG
100_1290.JPG
hiltonwwf2.jpg
hiltonwwf1.jpg
WWF3.jpg
WWF2.jpg
WWF1.jpg
IMAG0743.jpg
IMAG0751.jpg
wwfcab.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btrip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Don't judge me, but I myself absolutely love the theme These were the wrestlers from my childhood, and what kid wasn't into professional wrestling? This was from a time when professional wrestling still had some charm and wasn't the over sexualized garbage soap opera steroid fest it is today.

So, if you hate the theme of this game, just try and put that aside if you can.

What do you think of this game?

#19 12 years ago

Seems to be a lot of praise.

Any input from those that really don't like it?

3 weeks later
#35 11 years ago

Well, I found one locally and picked it up since I couldn't find a STTNG.

I do not regret it one bit. I love the theme since I was big into wrestling at the time, so it tickles my nostalgia big time.

The machine is a reimport from Germany and from the smell, it smoked about 5 cartons of cigarettes a day. The topside was pretty clean but under the playfield was dirty dirty dirty. The tops of the lamp boards under the playfield were black. I currently have the machine in pieces and am cleaning/rebuilding everything.

The center ramp, while a huge gaping shot in the middle of the playfield, is not as easy to hit as it looks like. On top of that, you can't just shoot it over and over anyway to get big points. It really serves 2 functions: collecting the 3 wrestlers assigned to it, and lighting the mode holes.

For those that don't know, once you collect all 9 wrestlers, multiball is lit on the left ramp or the far right shot. One of my complaints with the game is there's really no point to collecting wrestlers during the first 2 balls since on ball 3 they're all given to you anyway, making multiball one shot away. Jurassic Park does this too, but with the dinosaur targets, but the thing with Jurassic Park is you can easily play modes on ball 1 and 2, and ball 3 sort of becomes the big multiball ball, which is usually guaranteed because of the Smart Missile.

Which brings me to my biggest complaint about the game. The start mode holes are very difficult shots. The one smack dab on the left of the center ramp is nearly impossible. You can only feasibly hit it from the left flipper, but with rebuilt flippers, it hits so hard that it is usually rejected. 20% of the time you're going to miss right, 20% of the time you're going to miss left, 50% of the time it's going to reject or bounce out, and 10% of the time you'll make it. The mode start hole on the upper left is a makeable, but difficult shot as well, so starting modes usually happens more by accident than on purpose.

So if you combine those 2 things, no point getting wrestlers on balls 1 and 2, and the mode start shots being extremely difficult, a lot of the time you just find yourself making wrestler shots for no real reason other than you're tired of missing the start mode shots! I really wish there was a way to disable the spotting of all wrestlers on ball 3. Perhaps there is. Does anyone know?

Some people get tired of the repetitive Macho Man sounds. I can understand why, but they don't bother me, and I usually find myself "OOOOHH YEAAAAH"ing right along with him.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Collecting wrestlers on ball 1 and 2 is a must.
You get an extra bonus for starting multiball on ball 1, and also have the chance to earn the next multiball...
Why would you wait for ball 3?????

Because I didn't know that Thanks for the info!

#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

absocountry2 said:Better yet, I am starting a rumor that Cliffy might be making protectors for this game soon! Not sure how long but I think it will be soon.
Thanks to a certain someone who lent me his minty nos playfield you might be right!

Please please please please please!

I tore down 90% of my playfield but am not tending to the scoop wear soley because there aren't protectors yet! There's no point in building them back up and touching them up if they're just going to be demolished again in a few months.

All I can really say Cliffy is be very careful with your design for the scoop to the left of the center ramp. It is VERY difficult to get a ball in there since it tends to reject a lot. Adding more to it might make it impossible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider btrip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forget-the-theme-thoughts-on-wwf-royal-rumble?tu=btrip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.