(Topic ID: 15360)

Forget the theme. Thoughts on WWF Royal Rumble?

By btrip

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by aerobert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1288.JPG
100_1290.JPG
hiltonwwf2.jpg
hiltonwwf1.jpg
WWF3.jpg
WWF2.jpg
WWF1.jpg
IMAG0743.jpg
IMAG0751.jpg
wwfcab.jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

absocountry2 said:Better yet, I am starting a rumor that Cliffy might be making protectors for this game soon! Not sure how long but I think it will be soon.
Thanks to a certain someone who lent me his minty nos playfield you might be right!

Please please please please please!

I tore down 90% of my playfield but am not tending to the scoop wear soley because there aren't protectors yet! There's no point in building them back up and touching them up if they're just going to be demolished again in a few months.

All I can really say Cliffy is be very careful with your design for the scoop to the left of the center ramp. It is VERY difficult to get a ball in there since it tends to reject a lot. Adding more to it might make it impossible.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from btrip:

I really wish there was a way to disable the spotting of all wrestlers on ball 3. Perhaps there is. Does anyone know?

That's a common complaint against the DE machines (I hold that view also). Tommy, TFTC, JP, etc. etc......the multiball is a "gimme" by the time you get to the 3rd ball. I guess it's good for location play, but I'd rather earn it than have it given to me. And unfortunately, no way to turn it off.

doesn't make it a bad game, just makes it a DE.

#53 11 years ago

I love my DE games! Look at my collection, past and present, it might be obvious

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

absocountry2 said:Better yet, I am starting a rumor that Cliffy might be making protectors for this game soon! Not sure how long but I think it will be soon.
Thanks to a certain someone who lent me his minty nos playfield you might be right!

Oh- I hope so! Roc-Noc just picked up a WWF for me in Pittsburgh a couple hours ago.

#55 11 years ago

Just got a WWF Saturday from a guy in WV, I was thinking for sure I was gonna get it, shop it, sell it HOPEFULLY.
After I played it I love it, really is a cool game,

#56 11 years ago

Woo! I'm getting excited!

#57 11 years ago

Fun game, as long as the sound is off. I am not a wrestling fan and the call outs just annoy me to no end.

2 months later
#58 11 years ago

Just wanted to let you guys know that Cliffy has the protectors for WWF now. Beat his door down if you want a set because I know he did not make many to start with!

I also bought another WWF Monday that is better than mine and my NOS PF is on its way to get clearcoat before I swap it in. Will be nice to have a perfect machine!

#59 11 years ago

PM already sent. OOHHH YEAAHH!

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Just wanted to let you guys know that Cliffy has the protectors for WWF now. Beat his door down if you want a set because I know he did not make many to start with!
I also bought another WWF Monday that is better than mine and my NOS PF is on its way to get clearcoat before I swap it in. Will be nice to have a perfect machine!

any chance you want to sell me your old PF after you do the swap?

Also, I have the WWF cliffy protectors on my WWF alredy and they look great !!!

#61 11 years ago

I've played WWf Royal Rumble several times @ the Pin auction but never had the Urge to buy 1

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I've played WWf Royal Rumble several times @ the Pin auction but never had the Urge to buy 1

You are selling it short BR, you should make it number 200.

Damn fun game with some tough outside shots and brutal timed modes plus a nice upper miniPF and a shaker. Keep in mind that Lyman had his input in this game and the tough play shows it.

#63 11 years ago

I just picked one up with a deal like you read about in a Penthouse magazine. Dear Pinside you wont believe what happened to me.......

I bought one from a local seller who picked it up for a operator in Arkansas. The seller told me that the pin has been in a CC storage since early 96. He said it had a board issue and was just stored instead of fixed.

I know.....I said the same thing...yeah right. I pick this pin up and it is PERFECT. No cab wear, no PF wear, no wear around the scoops, etc.

I cleaned the playfield, replaced the black rubber with white and installed LED's.

Great game, Great theme and Awesome sound.

What did I pay? Less than a "song"

WWF1.jpgWWF1.jpg WWF2.jpgWWF2.jpg WWF3.jpgWWF3.jpg

#64 11 years ago

I would recommend using UV led's where you see fluorescent inks. This playfield is loaded with true UV fluorescent art. Primarily the orange, pink and green areas.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

As a fan (have run a wrestling website the last 12 years!), I may be a bit biased. Having said that, I think the machine is really, REALLY underrated. It has a lot of depth, and is a lot of fun. I quite regret ever selling mine, and am considering getting another one.
After all, any game that tells you to HIT MR. FUJI FOR EXTRA BALL can't be bad.

ha ha wrestlecrap is a fun site. Prop up Scott Hall and Jake Roberts to play a game for a vial of crack.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are selling it short BR, you should make it number 200.
Damn fun game with some tough outside shots and brutal timed modes plus a nice upper miniPF and a shaker. Keep in mind that Lyman had his input in this game and the tough play shows it.

Ok, If I see another at the Auction , I'll give it a Few more Plays .. I Should know rite off if I'm Gonna like it.. # 200 I'd like for it to be Tron or something I haven't Owned yet..

#67 11 years ago

I think it is worth pointing out that one thing I dislike about many DE (all?) games is the automatic one-shot away from a multiball on ball number 3 but this can be turned off by putting the game into Expo of IFPA tournament mode. You then have to earn all multiballs.

I do not think there is any other way to turn the 3rd ball multiball off but you can put on tourney mode and then go back and override some of the tournament default (i.e. no extra balls) in the adjustments.

This makes the game play better and more level from my perspective.

#68 11 years ago

I like the game as well. I could imagine it would have been nice if there'd be a loop shot and a diverter to the pops (by making the right 'loop-shot' a little more to the right, middle ramp a bit smaller and a loop next to the left ramp (or by removing the 'mini-lane'behind the droptargets). I somehow didn't like the right shot always getting to the pop-bumpers.

Besides that, I agree to the complaint of 'always start a multiball at the last ball'. It would have been very easy to make that one a setting in software.
I like the modes, the multiball, the sounds and everything else. I did sell it though, but would have kept it if I had more space.

#69 11 years ago

Oh God, I love this pin much more than I should.

People come to my house, look at my collection, and go: "Why is this pin here? Did you just pick it up, and are going to be selling it soon, or something?"

When I tell them that it is a keeper, they look at me completely bewildered.

I'm telling you, this game has so much going for it, and I just completely dig it. The cheese-factor is high...and I get that the theme is a turn off for many. For me, I just can't get enough of it...very awesome game!

I need to find a Proto-Translite. Anyone got any leads?

Pete

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I would recommend using UV led's where you see fluorescent inks. This playfield is loaded with true UV fluorescent art. Primarily the orange, pink and green areas.

I did not know that, going to have to try it now.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any chance you want to sell me your old PF after you do the swap?
Also, I have the WWF cliffy protectors on my WWF alredy and they look great !!!

It will be a while before I get to the swap. I had it sent to Neo to get a new coat. I hated WWF growing up but love the pin. Mine is going to look great. I will keep you in mind.

#72 11 years ago

Please let me know when the time does come.

1 week later
#73 11 years ago

I had to give a quick bump for the Cliffy protectors....AWESOME!!! If you own WWF and you dont have these ask yourself why not.....

Thanks Cliffy

#74 11 years ago

Yes, they are great

#75 11 years ago

You betcha Jerrod!

hiltonwwf1.jpghiltonwwf1.jpg hiltonwwf2.jpghiltonwwf2.jpg

#76 11 years ago

Thanks, Cliffy!

YEAH! YEAH! Ohhhhhhhhh YEAH!!!

100_1290.JPG100_1290.JPG 100_1288.JPG100_1288.JPG

1 week later
#77 11 years ago

How much Razor Ramon exposure is in this game? He was always my fav as a kid

#78 11 years ago

As a heads up, my WWF is hitting the chopping block as I am out of space and just found a big ISO that will be coming in the door. I will put a thread up when I get a minute, but figured it was worth mentioning in the WWF love thread ...

#79 11 years ago

There was one at my local bar for a few months, none of us really got into it, I am not a fan of DE games with a big center ramp.
I enjoyed it for a few months, solid modes, quick timers and easy multiballs. I never completed the game but got real close. I do think the mini playfield was well executed but I don't think I'll be missing it anytime soon. I also don't understand why it's a widebody, everything seemed to fit in the proto, I never played one but it looks alright. It seems everything would fit in a normal coffin. Ironically it got swapped for a DE Star Wars which has the same center ramp being way to easy. I tried to get the operator to install the new software someone wrote up that makes the center ramp worth less but he wasn't into it. I should just order the software for him and ask him to put it in for a week.

#80 11 years ago

If you have not realized, the center ramp in WWF pays off very little after 3 shots and in actuality you should be avoiding it unless you want a left flipper return for another shot setup. The main center ramp is designed well in the way that it is intended to make all other shots more difficult. I think the widebody really does a nice job of using the entire PF and the far outside shots can be really fun. I have never seen/played the proto/ normal size WWF but I am guessing it feels very cramped.

Also, the game can be set up so it does not automatically give you mutiball on ball 3 which that one chage alone makes the game infinitely better.

#81 11 years ago

Emailed Cliffy yesterday about WWF protectors but got no reply
Where I could buy them?

Thanks
Fred

#82 11 years ago

Send him a PM on Pinside. He is usually here pretty fast. Odd he is slow with a reply.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Send him a PM on Pinside. He is usually here pretty fast. Odd he is slow with a reply.

Ok, pm sent. Hope in his reply...

Thanks
Bye
Fred

#84 11 years ago

Ordered !!
Hope they'll arrive soon.

4 months later
#85 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

My eyes totally skipped the proto backglass. I agree, it is the better version. Everyone is represented fairly well instead of just Hogan dwarfing everybody. Cool set up man!

First off, the proto backglass smokes the release, second is Warrior in the game? Could be he sued WWE and before the game was released Vince had him scratched from the pin.

3 years later
#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Sooooo, did anyone try this? Are there any good enough UV GI leds out there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 26.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forget-the-theme-thoughts-on-wwf-royal-rumble/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.