(Topic ID: 156875)

Forget GhostBusters, I bought a Walking Dead instead.

By Mr68

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by angus
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
#1 8 years ago

"Walking Dead, instead". That's my chant today.

I went to the Texas show and was all starry eyed over Ghostbusters. I was still smitten several days later when I went over to a friends house to play some games. He said the new code on Walking Dead was great and I should play it. So while still singing "Who ya gonna call" I decided to kill some time

After a few hours I was in love and this time it wasn't a fantasy off in the future. And when the prick wouldn't sell me his machine I was on the horn. - I found a new in box, Walking Dead LE and now waiting on shipping.

Ghosterbusters is flavor of the month and I'll most likely still get one. But there are other treats out there also.
Sorry for the brag but I'm pretty excited.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

now waiting on shipping.

Get Cleland's update in it.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ghosterbusters is flavor of the month and I'll most likely still get one. But there are other treats out there also.
Sorry for the brag but I'm pretty excited.

Nice one man...when everyone is complaining aboot code forever you'll be kicking back and having fun.

No rush...if it's good you can get it later.

#4 8 years ago

Nice! Like Lloyd said, Clelands code was my personal fav of the audio edited codes and is a great add on.

I made 2 trips to Horde last night, love the startup of the mode with the shaker....

4horsemen!

#5 8 years ago

I walked out of the Ohio show with a WD. Scott Weir convinced me to try it. I like it but have a lot to discover.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I walked out of the Ohio show with a WD. Scott Weir convinced me to try it. I like it but have a lot to discover.

That's my old Pro you got .

Let me know what you want to know. I sold it to go Prem, which I already got rid of xD ....! The Pro is a very fun game, and it is VERY nice to not deal with the airballs of the Prem/LE.

#7 8 years ago

great game!

#8 8 years ago

I approve of this choice.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That's my old Pro you got .
Let me know what you want to know. I sold it to go Prem, which I already got rid of xD ....! The Pro is a very fun game, and it is VERY nice to not deal with the airballs of the Prem/LE.

My confidence is dwindling. You had a pro,sold it, got a premium ,sold it.......

#10 8 years ago

What's better, the pro or premium? Always been curious about this pin.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disagree. I rather hear "only way in is through those doors" and other relevant game call outs than random voices talking just because they're in the tv show.

#12 8 years ago

What does one title have to do with the other Kim. Unless you can only buy one who cares. This makes no sense.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Disagree. I rather hear "only way in is through those doors" and other relevant game call outs than random voices talking just because they're in the tv show.

You're entitled to your opinion, but my call outs are not "random", I matched real show sound to match existing call outs as best I could.
Daryl says "Open the damn door" when you hit the prison.....how is the red neck better? Get bit and hear "Look at the flowers Lizzy" or Herschel saying "I was bit". Not random soundbites.

#14 8 years ago

What does one title have to do with the other Kim. Unless you can only buy one who cares. This makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if you actually read what he wrote and the circumstances surrounding how he came to buy TWD.

#15 8 years ago

But....... I already have a WD
Bring on GB

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

My confidence is dwindling. You had a pro,sold it, got a premium ,sold it.......

I did what I did to get a very nice AFM, my grail pin.

Don't lose your confidence. TWD is a GREAT game. I went NIB IMVE --> NIB TWD Pro --> NIB TWD Prem --> Grail Game AFM. I slowly traded up to get it (Oct 2015 to last week).

I almost started wondering if I'd regret my decision. Then I heard "SUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPER JACKPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUTTTT!!!!" and knew I had done right - for me.

I watched Bowen's TWD video probably more than I actually played the game, but I would say I know the game....pretty well. It was VERY fun, and very brutal. AFM was my childhood dream theme, and with my wife warming up to it, that meant a lot more than TWD where she played all 3 balls in under a minute and hated the game.

Happy wife = more pins = better life.

Of course, I'm down to one now, and I'll admit, I'm questioning getting GB Prem. For the cost of that one game, I can get nearly 3 B/W games, or I can start going after my other dream themes (class of 91-95 B/Ws).

Sorry, I'm all over the wall. I don't have many people to talk this obsession over. Didn't mean to derail the thread =/ ....

#17 8 years ago

How is it that I cannot get into this game??? Does it need to be played in a home environment???

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

i agree ^^^ makes the game so much better.

#19 8 years ago

"Factory call outs are better!"
"No show call outs are better!"

Hey, why not have the best of both worlds

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjh1m3eis1e2pf/TWD156LE_SKB.BIN?dl=0

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

How is it that I cannot get into this game??? Does it need to be played in a home environment???

Maybe I know for me i didn't really get it or fall in love with it until I owned it.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey, why not have the best of both worlds
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjh1m3eis1e2pf/TWD156LE_SKB.BIN?dl=0

Not enough replaced for me in your build, but at least we have many options

#22 8 years ago

I would of have bought the pro at the Ohio show if I had the cash. I had a game sold and the person backed out at the last minute.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Mark

I was completely infatuated with GB and had blinders on. I was totally focused on it and nothing else. It also seems like GB is sucking up all of the oxygen in the room right now.

My point is that Walking Dead snuck up on me with no warning and stole the show. I don't remember the last time a game has had such an intense effect on me.

In fact, I haven't bought a NIB Stern in years because I had lost faith and none of their other games resonated with me.

We're all different in our opinions but this machine is pushing all of my buttons. (Pun intended)

#24 8 years ago

My favorite pin for sure and I own some greats and sold alot of greats also

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't remember the last time a game has had such an intense effect on me.

Lost In Space

#26 8 years ago

TWD is a killer game!!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#27 8 years ago

And your avatar.

#28 8 years ago

I can't get into it either. Love the TV show. Played this a couple times last year... I just don't get it.

I admit though, I was really disappointed not to hear voices from the show. I bet that makes it a lot more enjoyable.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I can't get into it either. Love the TV show.

This is why its great we all have different opinions. I never got into the TV show and that's another reason this game caught me off guard.

#30 8 years ago

You really need to get into the game and get the modes going to really appreciate it. Have a real understanding of what's going on. Just my opinion. I bought mine NIB right when it was released. Every time they released new code it was like a brand new game and was fun to see all the changes and new things they put in.

#31 8 years ago

TWD is like other games such as TZ, TSPP where you have to really be able to hear, play and absorb to understand what is going on. Once you "get" TWD - it doesn't let go. It will go down as one of the all time great games.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It will go down as one of the all time great games.

Jesus 90% games mentioned are "all time greats" these days

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I 100% agree with this. If the edited callouts are not relevant....

Rob

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And that is why we need to allow more than 10 games in the Top 10.

#35 8 years ago

The game is awesome, I cant understand either. You are welcome to come play mine any time you are in New Jersey.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I honestly feel that we're in a new golden age for pinball. No, the volumes are nowhere near what they were, but the quality of games coming out is really, really high.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I honestly feel that we're in a new golden age for pinball.

I guess when put up against the 2000s it is. Still quite a few Duds out. But They are cranking them out which is a good thing.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You're entitled to your opinion, but my call outs are not "random", I matched real show sound to match existing call outs as best I could.
Daryl says "Open the damn door" when you hit the prison.....how is the red neck better? Get bit and hear "Look at the flowers Lizzy" or Herschel saying "I was bit". Not random soundbites.

I installed an early version of this and it felt like a future pinball table with people just talking. Perhaps it's changed a lot since. Maybe it's worth another look but the redneck callouts are generally super relevant to what to shoot. What do you do for jackpot callouts, bloodbath callouts, horde callouts, extra ball callouts, "there's a shitload of points on that ramp" callouts? Don't get me wrong, what you've done is impressive and difficult to properly isolate the sounds as you have. But without hiring an actor to do proper custom callouts your task is pretty impossible.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I would of have bought the pro at the Ohio show if I had the cash. I had a game sold and the person backed out at the last minute.

Your day will come!

#40 8 years ago

Walking dead is killer!!!!!

#41 8 years ago

Just curious what a nib twdle goes for now.

#42 8 years ago

HUO TWD Prem with shaker, cliffys, and BG light mod.... $6300

#43 8 years ago

I played a friends TWDLE last night. It was a blast. More fun with the new code than I have had with the older versions, plus it was the first LE I have played and the bicycle girl was fun. It was more fun than playing GB at TPF, but I bet GB with more code will be just a fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forget-ghostbusters-i-bought-a-walking-dead-instead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.