Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Wanted to get your advice about buying a EM with a foreign coin slot for what looks like a 5 FR on it. I am sure it's French but how do you like owning out of US pins? Can it be switched out to US coins? Is there a difference with repairs? Just some thoughts on this..thanks

#2 1 year ago

It doesn't really matter when it's on free play.

Although, generally I prefer US coin doors just because that's what looks "right" to me.

Depending on the style of coin door, sometimes you need to swap out the whole door, sometimes just the coin plates/slots.

US and foreign games are typically identical for the most part, other than how they're configured for the different voltage and coinage.

#3 1 year ago

I like the foreign just fine but don't care at all.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

US and foreign games are typically identical for the most part, other than how they're configured for the different voltage and coinage.

Little confused.

So I might have to rewire the whole EM pin for voltage difference? Foreign coinage isn't a problem if they have that coinage included in the pin. Thanks

#5 1 year ago

What game is it? My Little Chief is an export game. Has Franc coin inserts and marked Belgium on inside the bottom of the cabinet. It came with a quarter mech in it though and I'd be surprised if it actually spent time overseas. It has a 50hz motor and transformer. It plays just fine but runs a little faster than the 60hz counterpart. I thought about swapping the motor but decided I like the quicker cadence and bonus countdown.

Now if your prospective game is wired for 220v that is something that needs to be addressed.

#6 1 year ago

It's on the thread pictures. Big Valley

I was interested in another pin and I thought I had the seller holding it, but he stopped taking my calls. That was one I think out of England as it had a P amount along with what looked like two foreign coins in the picture. (couldn't make the coins out to far away) That one was on 220 I was told. On Beam

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

So I might have to rewire the whole EM pin for voltage difference?

No, just the transformer. There are several lugs on the transformer for incoming voltage, and you may need to move the two wires for incoming voltage to the lugs that match what the incoming wall voltage actually is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 12.50
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
€ 59.80
Lighting - Backbox
Freddys Pinball Paradise
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside