(Topic ID: 129147)

Fords and Pinballs (Drive a Ford, I want to hear from you!)

By the96stang

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150730_073550-1.jpg
    IMG_5618.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    DSCN3185.jpg
    DSCN3144.jpg
    Turkey_Rod_Run_2013_1.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150815_094607.jpg
    IMGA0093.jpg
    IMGA0084.jpg
    IMGA0083.jpg
    IMGA0076.jpg
    IMGA0061.jpg
    IMGA0046.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hot_Rod_Grille.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Ford guy! '30 Ford Coupe (restored original), '34 Ford Coupe (nostalgia hot rod) and my '02 F-150 pin hauler (soon to be replaced with a new '15 F-150). Here's a night shot of the 1940's Ford neon sign in my gameroom garage.

Garagenightshot#1.jpgGaragenightshot#1.jpg

#117 8 years ago

[That looks great. I'd really like to have one of those lifts in my garage, I have a 10ft ceiling. What is your garage size?]

Hey MustangPaul,

Thanks for the comment. The Hot Rod Grille Garage/Gameroom is 30' x 45' x 12' (what would normally be considered a 4-car garage). It is suggested that a minimum ceiling height of 12' is best when planning for a lift (I guess you could get by with a bit less if your cars were not too tall). I chose to install a lift to allow two cars to be parked on the floor footprint normally required for one, thus allowing more space to be devoted to pinballs and other games. The lift is ideal for minor projects (oil changes, exhaust, etc) and even is handy for elevating the car to make cleaning the wheels and tires easier at a comfortable height! Here are pics of the lift with my '34 on top and a '55 T-bird under (I no longer have the T-bird). As you can see the '34 is a pretty tall vehicle, so I went with the 12' foot ceiling.

Jim

Bird pic #1.jpgBird pic #1.jpgBird pic #2.jpgBird pic #2.jpgChristmas tree pic 3.jpgChristmas tree pic 3.jpgChristmas tree pic 2.jpgChristmas tree pic 2.jpgChristmas tree pic 1.jpgChristmas tree pic 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hot_Rod_Grille.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fords-and-pinballs-drive-a-ford-i-want-to-hear-from-you?tu=Hot_Rod_Grille and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.