(Topic ID: 129147)

Fords and Pinballs (Drive a Ford, I want to hear from you!)

By the96stang

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150730_073550-1.jpg
    IMG_5618.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    DSCN3185.jpg
    DSCN3144.jpg
    Turkey_Rod_Run_2013_1.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150815_094607.jpg
    IMGA0093.jpg
    IMGA0084.jpg
    IMGA0083.jpg
    IMGA0076.jpg
    IMGA0061.jpg
    IMGA0046.jpg
    There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

I'm totally a ford guy...owned in this order:

1999 Ford Explorer Sport
    2003 Ford Ranger
    2003 Ford Mustang GT
    1995 Ford F150/V8 dual Tanks (miss that truck)
    2012 Ford Focus Se
    2008 Ford Explorer 4x4

and just had to throw in the Mustang LE

Ford_f150.jpgFord_f150.jpg

Explorer.jpgExplorer.jpg

mustang1.jpgmustang1.jpg

mustang.jpgmustang.jpg

#102 8 years ago

I'll add to the confirmation that an Escape (any flavor) will fit a pin. The new one is a bit tighter in head clearance going in than the older version; but, any modern game will fit.

#103 8 years ago

Mystery ford pics can you guess what they are? Just a little fun!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Mystery ford pics can you guess what they are? Just a little fun!

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

What year is that fastback???? 67, 68? Looks awesome!!!!

Oh, and 2 more stangs and an explorer, but horrible at guessing what year.....lol

#105 8 years ago

Love my Flex for hauling pins and vids. It is pretty low and that helps with loading/unloading. I have the Limited AWD and it is solid on any surface.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Mystery ford pics can you guess

No mystery really. 1967 Shelby GT500. Going by the radio antenna base, the non vented hood, 428 with dual 4 barrel carbs.

#107 8 years ago

Go Big or Go Home! 2012 Expedition. I moved 2 pins at once, no problem!

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Just a little fun!

The 2 other Mustangs are 2013 or 2014, The Explorer could be 2014 or 2015.

#109 8 years ago

My F150
    Star Trek Pinball 003.JPGStar Trek Pinball 003.JPG

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

No mystery really. 1967 Shelby GT500. Going by the radio antenna base, the non vented hood, 428 with dual 4 barrel carbs.

correct 67 GT500 4spd. 428 pi dual 600 holly's original BK BJ carbs with tags! original Cobra air cleaner with aftermarket K&N 3" filter i do have original ford yellow paper elements.LOL. the old man signed my dash on his 80th birthday! my best quarter mile recorded is 12 flat@115mph not bad for old iron i did cheat a little with a hollman moody solid lifter cam and slicks. but the rest is stock.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The 2 other Mustangs are 2013 or 2014, The Explorer could be 2014 or 2015.

the explorer is 2015 Sport twin turbo baby! wife's daily. the grabber blue is my sons daily 2012 V6 performance package with bama tune, headers and mass air, it moves pretty good. and the yellow blaze is 2012 GT/CS stock daily driver. oh just traded the expedition for the sport . had three pins in that sucka.

#112 8 years ago

2008 Expedition

A good pin hauler.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#113 8 years ago

I had an '06 lifted F150; absolutely loved it. Eventually Had to find something more gas efficient and Traded it for a Ford Fusion. What a POS vehicle that turned out to be. Only thing with a ford logo allowed around this house now is the pin. Needless to say, we're done with fords and own 3 Toyotas now. If I ever buy a truck with bed again though, it'll probably be an F150.

#114 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Ford guy! '30 Ford Coupe (restored original), '34 Ford Coupe (nostalgia hot rod) and my '02 F-150 pin hauler (soon to be replaced with a new '15 F-150). Here's a night shot of the 1940's Ford neon sign in my gameroom garage.

Garagenightshot#1.jpgGaragenightshot#1.jpg

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hot_Rod_Grille:

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Ford guy! '30 Ford Coupe (restored original), '34 Ford Coupe (nostalgia hot rod) and my '02 F-150 pin hauler (soon to be replaced with a new '15 F-150). Here's a night shot of the 1940's Ford neon sign in my gameroom garage.
    Garagenightshot#1.jpg

That looks great. I'd really like to have one of those lifts in my garage, I have a 10ft ceiling. What is your garage size?

#116 8 years ago

First car I owned was a '68 Fairlane 500... actually driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays.

Owned a few Mustangs including an '86 SVO. Wow, what a fun car to drive! Had half the engine but could easily outrun my brother's '85 GT.

Several misc Fords since but now have none. Now own an '08 Honda Accord LX. Really nice to have a car with 125K miles on it and never having to do more than routine maintenance.

#117 8 years ago

[That looks great. I'd really like to have one of those lifts in my garage, I have a 10ft ceiling. What is your garage size?]

Hey MustangPaul,

Thanks for the comment. The Hot Rod Grille Garage/Gameroom is 30' x 45' x 12' (what would normally be considered a 4-car garage). It is suggested that a minimum ceiling height of 12' is best when planning for a lift (I guess you could get by with a bit less if your cars were not too tall). I chose to install a lift to allow two cars to be parked on the floor footprint normally required for one, thus allowing more space to be devoted to pinballs and other games. The lift is ideal for minor projects (oil changes, exhaust, etc) and even is handy for elevating the car to make cleaning the wheels and tires easier at a comfortable height! Here are pics of the lift with my '34 on top and a '55 T-bird under (I no longer have the T-bird). As you can see the '34 is a pretty tall vehicle, so I went with the 12' foot ceiling.

Jim

Bird pic #1.jpgBird pic #1.jpgBird pic #2.jpgBird pic #2.jpgChristmas tree pic 3.jpgChristmas tree pic 3.jpgChristmas tree pic 2.jpgChristmas tree pic 2.jpgChristmas tree pic 1.jpgChristmas tree pic 1.jpg

#118 8 years ago

Dang that sure looks bigger then 30x45x12. Mine is only 24x24x10 on slab and I just put on a 22x12 above ground workshop, the adjoining wall was removed to open it up.

IMGA0046.jpgIMGA0046.jpg
    IMGA0061.jpgIMGA0061.jpg
    IMGA0076.jpgIMGA0076.jpg
    IMGA0083.jpgIMGA0083.jpg
    IMGA0084.jpgIMGA0084.jpg
    IMGA0093.jpgIMGA0093.jpg

2 weeks later
    #119 8 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

the explorer is 2015 Sport twin turbo baby! wife's daily.

When is the Lund tune going on? 0-60 in 4 flat isn't bad.

#120 8 years ago

I'm a Ford owner myself ('74 F100), but this video is hysterical! (Probably NSFW.)

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

When is the Lund tune going on? 0-60 in 4 flat isn't bad.

Dave my son is dying to put that tune on it!

1 week later
    #122 8 years ago

2015 escape

Just fit hatch opening on 1" PVC rollers

20150815_094607.jpg20150815_094607.jpg

1 week later
    #123 8 years ago

New gen escape does not fit a gottlieb sys3 on its bottom. We had to turn it on its side to slide it in.... Maybe 1 inch. Game was 33 in tall with head folded.

#124 8 years ago

My Fords just went up in smoke two days ago...Unbelievable bad luck. Coupe caught fire first and took the pickup and barn with it. Was working in the yard and heard a "POW!" And figure the battery blew up and started this mess. It was located under the seat and I saw the flames engulfing the inside but by the time I ran to the house to get an extinguisher,it was too late! Been drunk ever since...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#125 8 years ago

Damn Modman that sucks, i feel for you. Hopefully you had some kind of insurance on them.

#126 8 years ago

Haggerty...Seemed like really good people over the phone...The pisser is I just switched home owners insurance and I pretty sure these people will be pissed about the barn...

#127 8 years ago

Aww, Man that really is sad news.

#128 8 years ago

Sorry to hear! Hagerty should take good care of you. I'm hoping your new to you home owners insurance does too.

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from Modman:

My Fords just went up in smoke two days ago...Unbelievable bad luck. Coupe caught fire first and took the pickup and barn with it. Was working in the yard and heard a "POW!" And figure the battery blew up and started this mess. It was located under the seat and I saw the flames engulfing the inside but by the time I ran to the house to get an extinguisher,it was too late! Been drunk ever since...

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Wow That sucks hope things work out .... Heres my 1937 ford build ford tough with chevy stuff

Turkey_Rod_Run_2013_1.jpgTurkey_Rod_Run_2013_1.jpg

#130 8 years ago

Oh man I feel your pain. I'm going to get Hagertys when my Mustang hits the road next year. I've always had my battery in the back seat area (cuz I have no back seat) behind the passenger seat in a high strength vented aluminum box that's bolted to a steel plate that's welded to the floor. Your lucky you weren't driving it with it being under the seat and all. Stay strong and let us know how it all works out for you.

#131 8 years ago

That fire sucks

There is a reason why hot wheels makes more ford model cars then any other manufacturer... It's so kids learn to start pushing them at a young age

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

There is a reason why hot wheels makes more ford model cars then any other manufacturer... It's so kids learn to start pushing them at a young age

#133 8 years ago

My Pin Hauler Is A 2004 Ford F-150 with 296,000 Miles ..... Oh Yeah!!!!

#134 8 years ago

Our current automotive stable consists of the following 3 vehicles.

2001 Ford Mustang GT (photo below)
    2011 Ford Edge Limited (not pictured)
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST (photo below)

DSCN3144.JPGDSCN3144.JPG
    DSCN3185.JPGDSCN3185.JPG

Gord

1 month later
    #135 8 years ago

Anyone fit a pin in a newer gen ford Focus? Just put an order on the RS and I'm curious. Theres about 30" of distance between the floor and the roof in the opening of the hatch.

#136 8 years ago

I measured my sister in laws 12 SE Sport hatch (same gen) when my order for it came in and I don't think it did. Hopefully someone here can confirm.

Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone fit a pin in a newer gen ford Focus? Just put an order on the RS and I'm curious. Theres about 30" of distance between the floor and the roof in the opening of the hatch.

#137 8 years ago

Checking in from the Northwoods. 08 Bullitt (with a little extra under the hood).

IMG_5620.jpgIMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5618.jpgIMG_5618.jpg

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

Checking in from the Northwoods. 08 Bullitt (with a little extra under the hood).

IMG_5620.jpg IMG_5618.jpg

OH CRAP That must go like stink. You've got some nice "twisties" in your part of the woods too.

#139 8 years ago

What? Did anybody say Ford??
    Here's a pic my '62 pin-grabber E100 Ford. 289 V8 w/ C4 AT. It moves out.
    ~Steveo

20150730_073550-1.jpg20150730_073550-1.jpg

#140 8 years ago

Chrome reverse and wide whites too. OUTSTANDING!!!

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I measured my sister in laws 12 SE Sport hatch (same gen) when my order for it came in and I don't think it did. Hopefully someone here can confirm.

My Escape wouldn't fit a sys 3 on its bottom....forgot the height though.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

My Escape wouldn't fit a sys 3 on its bottom....forgot the height though.

Sorry I was replying to your Focus RS questions.

#143 8 years ago

Oh ya. I think I was half in thought and forgot. I forgot how much height the escape has. I'll measure this morning but ya looking at the focus it is a little tight

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fords-and-pinballs-drive-a-ford-i-want-to-hear-from-you/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.