• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2814 (resized).jpeg
1AC09431-DE06-43DA-B48F-1E731F045BAC (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Introducing the all new Ford Maverick, which according to the press release, is easily capable of carrying a Gottlieb Magnotron.

See video in the attached link at the 0:08 mark.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/06/08/all-new-ford-maverick.html

Would love to have been a fly on the wall during the filming of that commercial. Could they have picked a heavier machine??

1AC09431-DE06-43DA-B48F-1E731F045BAC (resized).png1AC09431-DE06-43DA-B48F-1E731F045BAC (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

good pickup...

only wish it was that much starting here 20k USD = $25k AUD would be awesome

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

good pickup...
only wish it was that much starting here 20k USD = $25k AUD would be awesome

A little bit of a moot point since the sub Ranger sized Maverick isn't coming to Aus, so we can't compare actual street prices. However, cheapest Ranger 4X2 that doesn't have a shitty metal tray bed here is $US33.5K. Although, you can actually get a base Toyota Hilux for $US27.5K here. Mind you all that pales if you look at how much more we have to pay for serious American pickups like the 2021 F-series Raptor I own

#4 2 years ago

I'm tempted to buy.

#5 2 years ago

Better hurry because the Ford Incentive ends this month. One Gottlieb Duotron with every purchase.

#6 2 years ago

Being Escape based, I'd run far, far away...friends that have had them have had TERRIBLE issues with them, whether fully loaded, or stripped versions, Transmission issues especially.

Ford, like the rest of the Big 3, seemingly only build quality body-on-frame vehicles (Full Size Trucks, Vans, and SUV's), and performance rear wheel drive sedans (Mustang/Camaro/Challenger/ATS/Charger/etc.). In my experience, anything else is usually...questionable.

While I think it would be cool to have a little run around like this, especially if you live in an urban area, I'll probably stick with my full size, 4x4, fully capable pickup, that I bought new 4 years ago, for about $5k more.

#7 2 years ago

Does it have a dump bed to unload the Duotron at the landfill?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Introducing the all new Ford Maverick, which according to the press release, is easily capable of carrying a Gottlieb Magnotron.
See video in the attached link at the 0:08 mark.
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/06/08/all-new-ford-maverick.html
Would love to have been a fly on the wall during the filming of that commercial. Could they have picked a heavier machine??[quoted image]

Yes. Grand Prix. Duotron is a lightweight compared to that.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Harsh

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Ugly game, but a decent player, especially when playing head to head.

#11 2 years ago

Who remembers the Ford Maverick car? I thought they were pretty cool.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ugly game, but a decent player, especially when playing head to head.

Ugly game? The artwork is the best thing it has going for it!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Ugly game? The artwork is the best thing it has going for it!

And the name!

Come on, Magnotron.

#14 2 years ago

Too bad you can't put the tailgate up with a pin in the back.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

In 1972 my grandfather traded in his 1955 Buick Special for a Maverick. I was crushed!!! The dash of that Buick looked like an airplane cockpit.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I remember the Maverick well. My best high school buddy had a gold two-door Maverick with a six-pack. We shopped the Montgomery Wards catalog and ordered some tubular headers and cherry bombs for it. Wow, that must’ve added 5 hp!

#17 2 years ago

I’m glad to see they were smart enough to remove the head before loading.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

My wife had one, loved it! It was a decent little car.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Could they have picked a heavier machine??

Yes, Stargate. Speaking as someone that's owned Magnotron and Stargate.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It was my first car. 77 - Rust brown, four door 250ci Auto with power steering and manual brakes. Not a chick magnet. I’d take my buddies home from Graterford PVHS on Rt 113 and jump the hill by the PV South elementary. Eventually it bent the frame as seen at the c pillar lol.

#21 2 years ago

I kinda like it. Might not be a bad pin hauler and the bigger engine can tow 4k pounds.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Owned one in beige when I was a kid.
I like to describe that time as purgatory on Earth.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It was my first car. 77 - Rust brown, four door 250ci Auto with power steering and manual brakes. Not a chick magnet. I’d take my buddies home from Graterford PVHS on Rt 113 and jump the hill by the PV South elementary. Eventually it bent the frame as seen at the c pillar lol.

That’s funny! My parents had a Toyota Mark Crown (very rare). It was a nice car. If they only knew what I did with that car when they weren’t looking! I jumped it many times. Not enough to bend the frame, but I scraped up the exhaust system!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That’s funny! My parents had a Toyota Mark Crown (very rare). It was a nice car. If they only knew what I did with that car when they weren’t looking! I jumped it many times. Not enough to bend the frame, but I scraped up the exhaust system!

What were you, a Joie Chitwood wannabe?!

#25 2 years ago

My 1st car was 1972 Ford Maverick, grabber orange, 4 door with the rare at the time A/C, 60K miles. Bought it in 1978 at age 18 for $675 right behind the Philly art museum (think Rocky and the steps). I had to drive it home to Norristown on the Schuylkill Expressway after just getting my license. Terrifying. 3 years later after 2 accidents, losing my virginity in it, I sold it to junk yard for $40 and bought a 1967 Mustang coupe, what an upgrade!

2 weeks later
#26 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

My 1st car was 1972 Ford Maverick, grabber orange, 4 door with the rare at the time A/C, 60K miles. Bought it in 1978 at age 18 for $675 right behind the Philly art museum (think Rocky and the steps). I had to drive it home to Norristown on the Schuylkill Expressway after just getting my license. Terrifying. 3 years later after 2 accidents, losing my virginity in it, I sold it to junk yard for $40 and bought a 1967 Mustang coupe, what an upgrade!

Great story!

#27 2 years ago

With a 56" bed it should be able to carry a pinball machine no problem, seriously thinking about getting one for the 2023 season, see if they work the kinks out,
I have a 2020 kia soul that had the CVT transmission replaced at 16k miles. I have bee wanting a truck but I cant justify the gas consumption, if thehy are boasting 40mpg in the city with the Hybrid it is very tempting

2 years later
#28 6 months ago

They should have loaded a Mustang pin. I have a ‘24 Maverick on order. Looking forward to carrying pins with it.

IMG_2814 (resized).jpegIMG_2814 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fords-all-new-pinball-transport-vehicle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.