3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dbnghpn-ee7bfdf3-b60d-46bc-ae34-319862ea3192 (resized).png
0C735E1C-3154-4F0A-B013-28B250ABBDF4 (resized).jpeg
A2921C48-1328-4C83-BDEE-EE933C1C48F4 (resized).jpeg
D419E384-C5F7-4189-8EA0-F24B4B81070F (resized).jpeg
8EC953D2-E9CB-410E-9027-8900F0E8E64B (resized).jpeg
img015 (resized).jpg
img010 (resized).jpg
img002 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1574445486099 (resized).jpg
IMG_1119 (resized).jpg
74233BCB-DF48-43FF-99C4-D2164260772A (resized).jpeg
7CF57085-9FE0-4FAC-A187-5D84DA7625C9 (resized).jpeg
cobra-boulder080319 (resized).jpg
cars (resized).jpg
2uyk82 (resized).jpg
78639A34-AE88-4313-90A0-733E3F2FBCC8 (resized).png

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 85 days ago

I could only talk one of my kids into seeing it with me last weekend. He and I really enjoyed it. Sounded like a good movie but wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I had my doubts about some of the actors like Matt Damon but they all did a great job. Movie was long but didn't feel like it. Story was very entertaining and you really got into the characters. Ken Miles was a lot of fun to watch. The racing scenes were a bit Hollywood but that's okay. What surprised me was how well they turned a car story, heavy into racing and made it into a great story everyone would enjoy.

#202 85 days ago
Quoted from ismiglif:

Some related viewing is now available on Netflix:
"The 24 Hour War" was released a few years ago and I thought it was great. Worth a rewatch now after FvF.
https://www.netflix.com/title/80158800?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

Just watched this yesterday - lots of additional fascinating info regarding the actual Ford vs Ferrari competition!

Interesting how Leo Beebe, the Ford exec "villain" in the movie, isn't really mentioned in this documentary.

#203 85 days ago

I went with my son yesterday and we both enjoyed this movie. My stepfather is into and owns several vintage cars and motorcycles and has taken my son to a few car shows. I know some of the facts are distorted but it was a good movie.

#204 85 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just watched this yesterday - lots of additional fascinating info regarding the actual Ford vs Ferrari competition!
Interesting how Leo Beebe, the Ford exec "villain" in the movie, isn't really mentioned in this documentary.

Agree - his "decision" is a little more important to the Ken Miles story arc than the overall race I guess.

Incidentally, I went over to Vashon Island last Saturday to pickup a machine and their little one screen theater there had a special showing of FvF the night before with a post film Q&A with Josh Lucas, the actor who played Beebe. He must be a local guy. Missed it by a day.

#205 85 days ago
Quoted from ismiglif:

Incidentally, I went over to Vashon Island last Saturday to pickup a machine and their little one screen theater there had a special showing of FvF the night before with a post film Q&A with Josh Lucas, the actor who played Beebe. He must be a local guy. Missed it by a day.

That would be cool to attend! According to their website it's happening (again?) this Friday.

https://vashontheatre.com/calendar/special-screening-of-ford-vs-ferrari-with-q-a-guest-josh-lucas

Although he apparently lived in lots of places growing up, he attended/graduated high school in Gig Harbor and his mother subsequently lives on Vashon.

3 weeks later
#206 59 days ago

I'm stoked! Our theatre finally got Ford vs Ferrari. 8pm Showtime. Lighting up now and have my pen loaded for half way thru

#207 59 days ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm stoked! Our theatre finally got Ford vs Ferrari. 8pm Showtime. Lighting up now and have my pen loaded for half way thru

It's a great show.

Did you cry at the end?

QSS

#208 59 days ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

It's a great show.
Did you cry at the end?
QSS

Dude. I was totally crying at the end. Man I thought it was great. I'd totally watch it again and recommend it to any gear head

#209 59 days ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Dude. I was totally crying at the end. Man I thought it was great. I'd totally watch it again and recommend it to any gear head

Yeah me too. I'm a huge Shelby and Ford GT fan and an owner. I knew the whole story before I even went and saw the movie but I was still wiping tears at the end. Just a great show.

QSS

1 month later
#210 21 days ago

Saw this with my friend last night at a budget theater before it left theaters permanently.

Her and I were both really glad we did!

My experience on the subject is limited, hers more so, but we were both so damn engaged by the passionate friendship and perseverance these two men showed with and for one another. Great story about fighting against all odds, loyalty not just when it's convenient, and two people sharing focus.

Felt like a movie from another era frankly, and sadly. No agendas. No forced casting. Just an isolated story, told as it should and needed to be told.

Congrats to everyone involved, and man Damon and Bale both deserve more recognition for their roles.

Just looked, and crazy that they didn't receive Oscar noms. James Mangold, neither, but at least Best Picture, Editing, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.

Thanks @Odin for making this thread, and for everyone else for talking about, and keeping this out there in the discussion ether!

#211 20 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Saw this with my friend last night at a budget theater before it left theaters permanently.
Her and I were both really glad we did!
My experience on the subject is limited, hers more so, but we were both so damn engaged by the passionate friendship and perseverance these two men showed with and for one another. Great story about fighting against all odds, loyalty not just when it's convenient, and two people sharing focus.
Felt like a movie from another era frankly, and sadly. No agendas. No forced casting. Just an isolated story, told as it should and needed to be told.
Congrats to everyone involved, and man Damon and Bale both deserve more recognition for their roles.
Just looked, and crazy that they didn't receive Oscar noms. James Mangold, neither, but at least Best Picture, Editing, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.
Thanks @Odin for making this thread, and for everyone else for talking about, and keeping this out there in the discussion ether!

It was a great movie, right!

QSS

#212 20 days ago

Great movie, it was a blast!

#213 20 days ago

It was certainly refreshing to see swagger and confidence, combined with excellence and perseverance.

I think for me, in an age when everyone wishes to state they are excellent on a global platform, it's astonishing to see when excellence only gained a voice, via deeds and actions on a global platform, and not an artificially digitized one.

#214 20 days ago
Quoted from wesman:

Glad you liked it! Believe me, it takes a lot for me to get excited about any movie these days.

I'm still wondering where they got all those 1963 Falcons on the assembly line from.

#215 20 days ago

Went last weekend with my wife to have lunch with some friends of hers. Saw Ford vs Ferrari playing at the cheap theatre and had her drop me off there instead.

I think this be a must stop and watch wherever it is movie on TV for me in the future.

#216 20 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still wondering where they got all those 1963 Falcons on the assembly line from.

Side topic. I wish there was a time machine, or even just a rewind button just to watch the past. But I'd love to go back and just wonder some assembly lines. Would love to see some cars, or even WWII airplanes being built.

Here in Indy we have the Stutz building. It's where they made the Stutz cars, and you can currently walk through the building as its now shared office spaces. You can still smell the grease and oil. All the car lifts are still in there. Some still working. We also have an old Model T or A, ( forget which one) that they're turning into a high end business building. I missed the chance to walk through it as part of a photo tour a couple years ago before they started working on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 249.00
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 28.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside