20200223_090323 (resized).jpg
20200223_090345 (resized).jpg
20190915_112417 (resized).jpg
dbnghpn-ee7bfdf3-b60d-46bc-ae34-319862ea3192 (resized).png
0C735E1C-3154-4F0A-B013-28B250ABBDF4 (resized).jpeg
A2921C48-1328-4C83-BDEE-EE933C1C48F4 (resized).jpeg
D419E384-C5F7-4189-8EA0-F24B4B81070F (resized).jpeg
8EC953D2-E9CB-410E-9027-8900F0E8E64B (resized).jpeg

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 4 years ago

My whisky cabinet approves of this thread!

IMG_7943 (resized).JPGIMG_7943 (resized).JPG
#102 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Beat Ferrari....guess I don;t need to see it now. Thanks dick.

Also Darth Vader is Luke’s father

#103 4 years ago

All I know, save your money- avoid Jojo Rabbit. Don’t even Redbox. Looks like a zany Anderson type movie, it isn’t. Half way in I was looking forward to the guy next to me switching from chewing popcorn with his mouth open, to ice chunks. Cut my losses, left.

#104 4 years ago

Lotta nice Mustangs in this thread. !967 GT500KR was one I always appreciated. Was going to settle for a 67 Fastback with a 390. Problem was that is heavy and Mustang had shit front suspension with worse if you got power steering. But the FE big block is what I drove and the first engine I rebuilt. Solid.

Quoted from usandthem:

Now I know why pinball is so expensive. For many of you bastards, pinball is your "cheap" hobby.

That meal was only slightly more than $50 for the both of us including beverages.

Mustang_Pavilion_HFII (resized).jpgMustang_Pavilion_HFII (resized).jpg
#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

All I know, save your money- avoid Jojo Rabbit. Don’t even Redbox. Looks like a zany Anderson type movie, it isn’t. Half way in I was looking forward to the guy next to me switching from chewing popcorn with his mouth open, to ice chunks. Cut my losses, left.

Same guy who walks away from a game 1 ball in, sure you did.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Same guy who walks away from a game 1 ball in, sure you did.

I walked away from ball one a little while ago. Just wait until I get back for ball 2.

#107 4 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this film tonight. Glad I had the chance to see it with Dbox (motion seats) which made it extra cool and intense. Highly recommend

#108 4 years ago

I’m holding out for Top Gun: Maverick!

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Beat Ferrari....guess I don;t need to see it now. Thanks dick.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Also Darth Vader is Luke’s father

... and Rosebud was the sled!

#110 4 years ago

Noone said Ferrari lost every battle.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Thoroughly enjoyed this film tonight. Glad I had the chance to see it with Dbox (motion seats) which made it extra cool and intense. Highly recommend

Just saw it with the Dbox seats also and that made it pretty cool. Two thumbs up, great flick!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Three things I've never done. Pay $18 to see a movie in a theatre. See one on opening night. Get the full I-Max experience.
But we are going tonight.

They have I-max theaters around here and Northern Ky. that you can purchase alcohol and drink while you watch your movie

#113 4 years ago

Great movie! My wife and son loved it as well. Go see it.

#114 4 years ago

Ticket purchased for 11:40am today in imax.

I debated about going to our REAL iMax. It's a full imax. Where when they list special showings only in certain imax's, this one will always gets them. While I like seeing unique stuff in that one, it's not worth the drive, effort parking, or cramped seats. Although. They do have a GT40 sitting in the lobby.

Been waiting for this movie all year.

And as a side-subject. A friend and I were talking about theaters, and current TV's. We were thinking that we're probably not too far away (probably 10-20 years still though) from theaters getting a "GIANT TV" in place of a projector. They already do pretty good quality jumbo trons, but if they could bring OLED TV technology to the theater, I bet theaters would slowly start to adopt it.

#115 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this too, but we only hit the movies once it twice a year, wife's MS makes it hard for her to walk distances and sit for hours at a time. Probably have to wait for Netflix or grab a gearhead buddy.

#116 4 years ago

Great movie. Best one I’ve seen in years.

My brother and dad agree!

#117 4 years ago

I agree, great movie. Saw it yesterday in IMAX and it was spectacular. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

QSS

#118 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see it

78639A34-AE88-4313-90A0-733E3F2FBCC8 (resized).png78639A34-AE88-4313-90A0-733E3F2FBCC8 (resized).png
#119 4 years ago

Best movie I’ve seen in 2019, if somebody doesn’t win an Oscar then I’ll be shocked. Really great !!!

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you catch that little gesture Enzo Ferrari did near the end? Total class.

Molto di classe!

Saw the movie yesterday and totally enjoyed it! Fantastic acting, writing, and production. The racing scenes were very cool and the whole 60's racing/corporate vibe was recreated so well!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They have I-max theaters around here and Northern Ky. that you can purchase alcohol and drink while you watch your movie

Yep they had a full bar. I just had a beer. Wanted another about halfway thru, but did not want to leave my seat to go get it.

This movie has left me pumped ever since. What a quality job and the casting of everybody in it could not be better.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Best movie I’ve seen in 2019, if somebody doesn’t win an Oscar then I’ll be shocked. Really great !!!

Totally agree. I can hardly even name another movie from 2019 relative to my interests.

#122 4 years ago

Just got back from seeing this. The viewing was a prize we one at our dealership (naturally a Ford dealer). This movie was phenomenal and I highly recommend it to everyone to go see.

#123 4 years ago

I'm seeing it tonight!

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lotta nice Mustangs in this thread. !967 GT500KR was one I always appreciated. Was going to settle for a 67 Fastback with a 390. Problem was that is heavy and Mustang had shit front suspension with worse if you got power steering. But the FE big block is what I drove and the first engine I rebuilt. Solid.

That meal was only slightly more than $50 for the both of us including beverages.[quoted image]

I loved that movie. I had a 427 Ford medium riser motor in my 69 mustang in the 70's and it screamed. Never lost a drag race when I had it. It was to radical for the street though.I shifted at 7000 just like the movie .Kind of miss that motor.

#126 4 years ago

Just came back from the theater, GREAT movie!!

#127 4 years ago

Fantastic movie...even my 8-year old daughter loved it!

#128 4 years ago

Ford putting the Sport back into SUV.
Looks like it could hold some styles of pins in the back. BUT the rear floor is not flush with the door sill. Requiring a lift over, or fitting it with a raised floor some how.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ford putting the Sport back into SUV.
Looks like it could hold some styles of pins in the back. BUT the rear floor is not flush with the door sill. Requiring a lift over, or fitting it with a raised floor some how.

It looks like the cargo space is going to be too short for a pinball machine because of the slanted rear window similar to a Lexus RX350. It does look sporty though. The Mach E is also going to be more expensive than traditional gas SUVs. To get one that has luxury features will be close to $60k vs a gas RX350 that could be around $40k to $45k. I am just not a fan of being an early adopter (taking on the risks of a new tech) and paying much more than what a gas car costs.

#130 4 years ago

So in summary, to be able to drink a beer and watch this on imax with NimblePin and 4 other people the night before it opened, and the tour de Yorba Linda he did in the hour we had to kill beforehand, I'd say it was definitely worth the $18.

#131 4 years ago

Yesterday I went with my son to see this movie.
If you like history or cars you should definitely see it.
If not, you should see it any way. It is a very good movie.

#132 4 years ago

Saw it with the family yesterday. Really enjoyed it.

#133 4 years ago

I SUPER HATE assigned seating.

Got a ticket for 1140am on Sunday in an Imax. The seat I chose was perfect. Dead center of the theater. I went by myself. There was a group in the rows right above me and below me. So I get to the theater and there's already someone sitting in my row. I count along with the seat numbers and WTF. The lady chose the seat right next to me. The ENTIRE ROW to ourselves, and right next me. And I wasn't moving, cause I had specifically picked that seat. So I sat next to this lady the entire movie. And she was one of those "gaspers." "Huh! Oh my! Yikes! uh."

But aside from that, the movie was great. The cinematography was okay. There wasn't anything that super wow'd me. Was hoping for some tight, slow-motion shots.

I now want to figure out how to buy a priceless car and then go race it in historic races.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I SUPER HATE assigned seating.
Got a ticket for 1140am on Sunday in an Imax. The seat I chose was perfect. Dead center of the theater. I went by myself. There was a group in the rows right above me and below me. So I get to the theater and there's already someone sitting in my row. I count along with the seat numbers and WTF. The lady chose the seat right next to me. The ENTIRE ROW to ourselves, and right next me. And I wasn't moving, cause I had specifically picked that seat. So I sat next to this lady the entire movie. And she was one of those "gaspers." "Huh! Oh my! Yikes! uh."
But aside from that, the movie was great. The cinematography was okay. There wasn't anything that super wow'd me. Was hoping for some tight, slow-motion shots.
I now want to figure out how to buy a priceless car and then go race it in historic races.

You sat in the optimal seat in a theater and are surprised other people like to sit as close as possible to that spot? Also you are annoyed with her yet she was already sitting in her assigned seat, I find it fascinating when people get annoyed with other people for identical behavior as their own.

#135 4 years ago

Assigned seating was great. We were right in the middle and there was nobody else in our isle or the one in front of us or behind us. At one point I took my shoes off and used the seat in front of me as a foot rest.

#136 4 years ago

OK, OK, I'am sold. Will have to watch it.
Especially given I was driving close to Le Mans yesterday. Disclaimer: I don't own a Ford or a Ferrari though

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:I SUPER HATE assigned seating.
Quoted from o-din:

Assigned seating was great.... At one point I took my shoes off and used the seat in front of me as a foot rest.

Really depends on the theatre. All the ones here are switching to the new recliner seats/reserved that make everything better. You don't need to put your feet up, and you can't reach the seats in front of you anyway. Everything is spread out so the seat next to you isn't as close as it used to be.

#138 4 years ago

Saw it last night. Great movie.

LTG : )

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Really depends on the theatre. All the ones here are switching to the new recliner seats/reserved that make everything better. You don't need to put your feet up, and you can't reach the seats in front of you anyway. Everything is spread out so the seat next to you isn't as close as it used to be.

These seats were very comfy and the backs reclined slightly. I could barely reach the seat in front of me, but it was nice to put my feet up after a long day. Would not do that if somebody is sitting there.

I also do not ignore somebody that is kicking the back of my seat wherever I go. I tell them stop kicking or they are going to get kicked in the head.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These seats were very comfy and the backs reclined slightly...
I also do not ignore somebody that is kicking the back of my seat.....

Yeah I sat in some old shit like the for the new Rambo a month or 2 ago at the poor people's theatre. Forgot how bad it was...and we were the only people in the theatre

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I sat in some old shit like the for the new Rambo a month or 2 ago at the poor people's theatre. Forgot how bad it was...and we were the only people in the theatre

About the only time I remember having to move was during Young Frankenstein back in the 1970s. Some dude with a huge afro sat down in front of me and I couldn't see shit.

#142 4 years ago

I saw from the Daytona Ford pits the GT40 at the 24 Hour Continental. 1966. It might have been the 12 hour 1965 race -- bit of a foggy memory.

I too am looking forward to seeing the Ford vs. Ferrari movie.

Now for the near future we will have the new Corvette C8.R debut at the Rolex 24 At Daytona on the weekend of Jan. 23-26. It will be interesting to see the reliability with the new flat crank, mid-engine location and how it matches up with the competition.

#143 4 years ago

Great movie!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You sat in the optimal seat in a theater and are surprised other people like to sit as close as possible to that spot? Also you are annoyed with her yet she was already sitting in her assigned seat, I find it fascinating when people get annoyed with other people for identical behavior as their own.

IF the theater wasn't assined seating, I would have shown up an hour early. And anyone who comes into a near empty theater would leave at least one space between seats. I know I would have if someone else was already there. And even with assigned seating, they again with a near empty theater, chose the seat directly next to me. I again, would have left at least one empty spot.

So yeah, when there are 150 other seats to choose, I get a little claustrophobic when someone sits right next to me. Let me know the next time you get into an elevator, I'll make sure I stand directly shoulder to shoulder with you.

#145 4 years ago

Oscars are going to be interesting that’s for sure this year. It’s all going to boil down to three movies I think, the Joker with Joaquin Phoenix best actor nomination, Ford versus Ferrari with a Christian Bale/Matt Damon and Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman.

I have not seen the Irishman yet until it streams on Netflix, but damn Christian Bale did one hell of a job as a supporting actor in that role in Ford vs Ferrari! Hope he gets it.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

IF the theater wasn't assined seating, I would have shown up an hour early. And anyone who comes into a near empty theater would leave at least one space between seats. I know I would have if someone else was already there. And even with assigned seating, they again with a near empty theater, chose the seat directly next to me. I again, would have left at least one empty spot.
So yeah, when there are 150 other seats to choose, I get a little claustrophobic when someone sits right next to me. Let me know the next time you get into an elevator, I'll make sure I stand directly shoulder to shoulder with you.

So why didn’t you just move over one seat again?

Also not sure if you know how this “assined” seating works, but the computer will automatically assign a customer the “best” available seat, which was the one next to yours. Many people just buy, they don’t study the seat maps, so it likely wasn’t this lady’s “fault” that she ruined your night by sitting next to you.

Maybe you shouldn’t go to the movies anymore.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So why didn’t you just move over one seat again?

cause im stubborn. Plus, I needed something to come here to bitch about.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Mission accomplished!

I haven’t had any problem with the assigned seating / recliners so far. The high price (we are talking $50 for 2 tickets here in NYC) cuts down on the riff raff, and the theaters host fewer people now. It’s nice to not have to show up an hour early for a big show as well.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

2uyk82 (resized).jpg2uyk82 (resized).jpg
#150 4 years ago

NimblePin is trying to get me pumped up for another Imax experience. Has this guy ever won an Oscar?

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ford-vs-ferrari/page/3?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.