20200223_090323 (resized).jpg
20200223_090345 (resized).jpg
20190915_112417 (resized).jpg
dbnghpn-ee7bfdf3-b60d-46bc-ae34-319862ea3192 (resized).png
0C735E1C-3154-4F0A-B013-28B250ABBDF4 (resized).jpeg
A2921C48-1328-4C83-BDEE-EE933C1C48F4 (resized).jpeg
D419E384-C5F7-4189-8EA0-F24B4B81070F (resized).jpeg
8EC953D2-E9CB-410E-9027-8900F0E8E64B (resized).jpeg
There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 4 years ago

Saw it at a preview and give Bale high marks for his performance. Not doing any spoilers but followed this during production. Justin Gurney, the son of Dan is in it. It's amazing how much he resembles his dad. I guess part of going to these previews is to talk up the movies. So for what it's worth, I really liked this one.

#52 4 years ago

One small anecdote before I head over to Nimble's.

I have a buddy that is a fishing boat captain. He is also a big time hunter. Manly as can be.

So one day we are sitting at his house watching TV and he says "I've got to go to lamaze with my girlfriend". I say " don't you mean La Mans?" And sure enough on the TV they suddenly start talking about and showing clips from the La Mans race. lols forever on that one.

Should be a good one.

Cheers!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sega and Data East did quite a few fresh release movie themes just like Williams did.This is what was so great about the 90s. Play the pinball game, then go see the movie.
The idea with T-2 was to have it ready in time so it could be in movie theaters and everywhere else in time for the movie's release which it was.
Boy, I sure miss those days. In pinball, they will probably never, ever happen again.

Yeah no doubt. Movies are released and become cult classics or hits now and then uncle Gary decides to cash in. Gotg, deadpool come to mind. Too bad the game didn't come out with the movie. I enjoy the John Wick series of movies and would have liked to have seen a game. Probably 2 or 3 years out. Hehe.

When the arcade in the mall got T2 there was probably 15 kids my age standing around with their jaws dropped and cheering at seeing dots for the first time.

As for T2 the movie, my older brother took me opening weekend. There was 3 block lineups. First time I seen lines like that since Batman in the late 80s.

#54 4 years ago

Regrettable fact, not movie related but Ford GT related.

I was stationed in Germany when the 2005/2006 Ford GT was remade. I could have bought one for $115,000 through the army air force exchange, tax free and free delivery. It was a bargain even then considering they were selling around $180k. Only catch was I could only get one in Gulf racing colors (the one I wanted anyway). Gulf racing colors were the least desired colors when they came out. I wanted to buy it and keep it undriven, all factory wrapping and markings intact and just put it in storage. I didn’t buy one and it was one of the most regrettable non purchase events for me. That car appreciated almost a $100k each year for about 10 years. At one point, single digit gulf racing colored GT’s were selling for a million.

Anyway, I hope to see the movie tomorrow.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

It was a bargain even then considering they were selling around $180k. Only catch was I could only get one in Gulf racing colors (the one I wanted anyway). Gulf racing colors were the least desired colors when they came out. I wanted to buy it and keep it undriven, all factory wrapping and markings intact and just put it in storage. I didn’t buy one and it was one of the most regrettable non purchase events for me. That car appreciated almost a $100k each year for about 10 years. At one point, single digit gulf racing colored GT’s were selling for a million.

If it makes you feel better, I talked my old man out of getting one. He should probably disown me for that.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Back in the 70s when we wore those big down jackets, we could smuggle in everything we needed under them and nobody would be the wiser.

When i went to see the latest Jason Bourne movie I brought a couple tall boys in with me. Cracking that tab is definitely a stand out sound even in a packed theatre. Someone's head is always on a swivel. Lol. Leave me alone to enjoy my beer

#57 4 years ago

Here’s a great recently unearthed interview with Carroll Shelby from “my classic car TV”.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only in Cali would it be $18. Lol
I’m going manana

In NYC it's almost 30 bucks.

#59 4 years ago

Mine with my wife.

Going to see the 3:20 IMAX showing this Saturday with the wife and kids. I......AM.......STOKED!!!!

QSS
20190915_063506 (resized).jpg20190915_063506 (resized).jpg

#60 4 years ago

Going tomorrow as I just got home from work. Looking forward to it.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I went to the movies in Sydney and it was $28 bucks Aussie.

Rack rate in Auckland is $18 ($12 USD) but I pay $11 NZD bucks ($7 USD)

Cause I’m a tight ass.

Odddinnnn - I hope they give the 3x kiwis that were in the 1966 Le Mans the credit they were due ... the guys co-driver was Denny Hulme (F1 champion) and the winning car was Bruce McLaren (yes, the guy who owned the McLaren race team until he died in testing) and Chris Amon.

On a motor racing note, if you get the chance to see McLaren, a documentary on his life, make sure to see it. Very good. An amazing story.

rd

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Mine with my wife.
Going to see the 3:20 IMAX showing this Saturday with the wife and kids. I......AM.......STOKED!!!!
QSS
[quoted image]

Sweet ride!!!!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

During a somewhat anebriated coversation with NimblePin last weekend, the subject came up and there is a brand spanking new I-Max in the neighborhood. And I'm a big fan of the GT40 and the story behind it. So he has been on me all week to preorder tickets. So I said why not?
It was cheaper at an older XP, but $3 isn't really a deal breaker.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I only see a couple of movies each year and when I do I always try and find the IMAX version. If I am going to spend the time, I will pay for the upgraded audio and screen. Especially the audio, ThX, Dolby Digital or IMAX does wonders on drowning out the popcorn smackers, fussy kids and the dreaded ice crunchers.

I hope the movie is good, it really has me interested.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

During a somewhat anebriated coversation with NimblePin last weekend, the subject came up and there is a brand spanking new I-Max in the neighborhood. And I'm a big fan of the GT40 and the story behind it. So he has been on me all week to preorder tickets. So I said why not?
It was cheaper at an older XP, but $3 isn't really a deal breaker.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What theatre is that?

#65 4 years ago

Great fn movie!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

What theatre is that?

Yorba Linda

#66 4 years ago

Deeproot vs Stern coming soon. Hehehe

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks interesting and Bale is almost always a good watch.
Man you'll love theatres now with there electronic recliners and beer and all that shit.

And any Emagine near us, which are very nice theaters, has $5.00 tickets every day before 6 p.m.

#68 4 years ago

I enjoyed the movie trailer - tell us if the movie is good.

It's not one I would enjoy on TV - better see it in a movie theater on a huge screen.
Too bad seats don't have a shaker option !

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Deeproot vs Stern coming soon. Hehehe

With a projected $25,000 opening weekend.

#70 4 years ago

Mine with my wife.
QSS
[quoted image]

I always figured with your handle you'd have something more like this but wow! Your GT looks sharp in white. You must get lots of head turns, honks and thumbs up?

images(2).jpgimages(2).jpg
#71 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sweet ride!!!!

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I always figured with your handle you'd have something more like this but wow! Your GT looks sharp in white. You must get lots of head turns, honks and thumbs up?[quoted image]

Thanks for the compliments. I do have a 68 Shelby as well but I figured this might be the thread for a GT pic. The GT gets allot of looks and gas stops take a long time but you get to meet allot of new people. It's freakin awesome!!

QSS

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I enjoyed the movie trailer - tell us if the movie is good.

It was very good. It was very long as well. But so well done.

As far as the soundtrack, I don't remember hearing most of the songs on the list, which is kind of strange. But many were not period correct anyway. The sets were very period correct down to almost every detail.

There was a lot of action and a lot of racing and Damon and Bale played off each other perfectly.

We really enjoyed it along with the five other people that were in the I Max last night.

#73 4 years ago

And yes, they served really good IPA. I was so full from dinner, I could only drink one.

One of my favorite moments was a gesture Enzo Ferrari made near the end of the film. Look for it.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was very good. It was very long as well. But so well done.
As far as the soundtrack, I don't remember hearing most of the songs on the list, which is kind of strange. But many were not period correct anyway. The sets were very period correct down to almost every detail.
There was a lot of action and a lot of racing and Damon and Bale played off each other perfectly.
We really enjoyed it along with the five other people that were in the I Max last night.

Greta Van Fleet does the music in the trailer. They are young guys that have a Zepplin sound, so it would fit the time period stylistically anyway.

Looking forward to seeing this too!

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Greta Van Fleet does the music in the trailer. They are young guys that have a Zepplin sound, so it would fit the time period stylistically anyway.

If you look at the soundtrack which is readily available online there is a whole list of songs from the 70s and 80s that I don't remember hearing at all in the movie. For the most part it was just some backing music and a couple songs that came out of radios they had on.

They showed five trailers of new movies that are mostly computer generated which is pretty obvious in an Imax and would be very hard for myself to sit through an entire movie of, but pleased to say this movie seemed to have very little if any of that. It looked very real, and for the most part, I'm sure it was.

That's why I'm very picky about movies I see. CG is hard for me to watch when it is almost an entire movie of it.

#76 4 years ago

Mine with my wife.
QSS
[quoted image]

I really hate you...I mean I really hate myself...back in 05 after selling my house, I had about $300k in my checking...went to the ford dealership and saw this car in the showroom, i touched it, could have paid cash for a couple of them...instead I bought a 97 thunderbird Lx V8 for $4000 from the used inventory and rolled the remaining $296,000 into buying my next home.

Well, I still have the thunderbird.

#77 4 years ago

Mine with my wife.
QSS
[quoted image]

My wife has the exact same car, but it's at the dealership, on a rotary table for display...Under 100 miles on it and I haven't even drove in it yet...congrats to you!

#78 4 years ago

Although it wasn't involved in any of the racing, I am pleased to say this little beauty made a couple of guest appearances.

landscape-1439492989-roa090115fea-daytona-02 (resized).jpglandscape-1439492989-roa090115fea-daytona-02 (resized).jpg
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$7.50 matinee or $10.00 normal here.

Doesn’t surprise me about the pricing in California and New York

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Doesn’t surprise me about the pricing in California and New York

It can be way cheaper. But when you go to the newest state of the art Imax, it's going to be a few more $$. $12 is regular price at this place plus $6 premium for Imax. In the end, I don't see a few dollars when I don't go out to movies much a big deal or a deal breaker.

If we wanted a lessor experience, sure there are plenty of places $10 could get us in.

I'd like to compare my gas or electric bill to where you live. Are you paying more than $20 or $30 a month during summer or winter where you are?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I really hate you...I mean I really hate myself...back in 05 after selling my house, I had about $300k in my checking...went to the ford dealership and saw this car in the showroom, i touched it, could have paid cash for a couple of them...instead I bought a 97 thunderbird Lx V8 for $4000 from the used inventory and rolled the remaining $296,000 into buying my next home.

I could tell literally 8-10 stories like this through the years in dealing with classic cars.

The one that stings the most - In 1988 I saw a Daytona Yellow 1969 Camaro for sale on the side of the road at a farm. Turned out to be an original Z/28 with the original DZ302 block still in it. The real kicker is that it was a JL8 rear disc brake car which is stupid rare. The guy wanted $3400 for it and I passed because it had a bit of rust forming on the rear quarter. Today, it would be a huge dollar car. I still have dreams about buying and restoring that car.....

#82 4 years ago

Just got my tickets to see it tonight. To my surprise the wife and kids want to go as well....

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Just got my tickets to see it tonight. To my surprise the wife and kids want to go as well....

I'm betting this movie does REAL well. This type of story hasn't been in theaters for a long time, it looks fun, it looks promising, the cars are AWESOME, and CHristian Bale and Matt Damon sure can open a movie

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm betting this movie does REAL well. This type of story hasn't been in theaters for a long time, it looks fun, it looks promising, the cars are AWESOME, and CHristian Bale and Matt Damon sure can open a movie

I read the book (Go Like Hell) a few years ago and thought it would make a great movie. Can't wait!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Great fn movie!

Yorba Linda

Okay. Apparently a new theatre, and had not heard about it. Tempted to go there for iMax, but it's a bit of a drive for me.

#86 4 years ago

Just saw the movie, it was really good

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I could tell literally 8-10 stories like this through the years in dealing with classic cars.
The one that stings the most - In 1988 I saw a Daytona Yellow 1969 Camaro for sale on the side of the road at a farm. Turned out to be an original Z/28 with the original DZ302 block still in it. The real kicker is that it was a JL8 rear disc brake car which is stupid rare. The guy wanted $3400 for it and I passed because it had a bit of rust forming on the rear quarter. Today, it would be a huge dollar car. I still have dreams about buying and restoring that car.....

Cars over the past few years have skyrocketed. I sold my 68 GT for pinball machines about 4 years ago. I could get double today what I sold it for.

07382720-9415-46AE-B652-1183245E42AB (resized).jpeg07382720-9415-46AE-B652-1183245E42AB (resized).jpeg900E0699-7597-40D1-8C57-2BCAD009D2DA (resized).jpeg900E0699-7597-40D1-8C57-2BCAD009D2DA (resized).jpegEC7A3378-C7E2-475E-88C3-7461298A4F96 (resized).jpegEC7A3378-C7E2-475E-88C3-7461298A4F96 (resized).jpeg
#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Cars over the past few years have skyrocketed. I sold my 68 GT for pinball machines about 4 years ago. I could get double today what I sold it for.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did the opposite I sold Pinball machines at their peak and bought a couple cars.

Here’s a numbers matching 1968 GT Fastback Highland Green. And Yep it’s worth double what I paid for it.

04DD8871-2EFD-485F-A078-E1DC5324DDC4 (resized).jpeg04DD8871-2EFD-485F-A078-E1DC5324DDC4 (resized).jpeg69415458-3052-4263-8649-4A3D1D048C8B (resized).jpeg69415458-3052-4263-8649-4A3D1D048C8B (resized).jpeg00B69913-6792-4ED7-B100-A27B405D00A5 (resized).jpeg00B69913-6792-4ED7-B100-A27B405D00A5 (resized).jpeg
#89 4 years ago

A99EB430-453E-4EBF-AFFF-96D0565AE8C6 (resized).jpegA99EB430-453E-4EBF-AFFF-96D0565AE8C6 (resized).jpeg
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Here’s a numbers matching 1968 GT Fastback Highland Green. And Yep it’s worth double what I paid for it.

Good Taste you got there.

DSCN1498 (resized).JPGDSCN1498 (resized).JPG
#91 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to compare my gas or electric bill to where you live. Are you paying more than $20 or $30 a month during summer or winter where you are?

Really didn’t want to go this direction and derail this thread but being you brought it up here we go.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvygeq/this-is-why-california-will-keep-burning

California’s electric and infrastructure has been plagued with many issues for many years, I don’t know why you’re not paying more for your electricity to help fix this and rebuild and maintain what’s much needed for safety and stability. Much of the wildfires are caused by power lines sparking from high winds. Seems to me the engineers need to come up with a better solution on the way power lines are built or spaced to avoid this.

Here in Minnesota in the Midwest I’m on the off-peak program so they shut my electricity down at night for water heaters, furnace etc. In the winter time I heat my house with wood the old fashion way.

My outbuilding man cave with all the pinball machines is a 40 x 80’ 3200 square-foot building 16’ sidewalls with in floor heat, the highest I’ve ever paid in the coldest months in December or January when it’s below zero is about $120 bucks maximum for the building. Building only needs heat 4 months a year ranging from $60-120 a month. Damn efficient considering the space.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

.[quoted image]

Beat Ferrari....guess I don;t need to see it now. Thanks dick.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Back in 06 when these cars were coming out there was a brand, spankin new Ford GT sitting on the dealership floor but I was there to buy a Ford Explorer for my growing family. All I could think was "some day maybe, some day". Drove away in the Explorer and went on to raise my two kids with my wife. A dozen years later I was train wrecking about turning 50 (50 Motha F#cka's!!!!!!...... it happens fast) and my kids were pretty much mostly grown up. I knew I was having my mid life crisis and I couldn't get a girl friend (my wife wouldn't look to fondly on that) so I thought I would fulfill a dream of mine. Ford GT

QSS

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Okay. Apparently a new theatre, and had not heard about it.

That's what it looked like as there were maybe 20 people coming out of the first show and like I said a total of 6 during our show. And like nobody else in the lobby to see any of the other movies.

Did I mention what it is like to have almost the entire Imax to ourselves on the night before the release of a major motion picture?

Yorba Linda, land of gracious living, where they roll up the sidewalks at dusk and nobody seems to notice. The whole area of the city was a ghost town.

#95 4 years ago

71 Mach 1

3E350FA1-AC17-472E-9EC9-1CA978CD39BB (resized).jpeg3E350FA1-AC17-472E-9EC9-1CA978CD39BB (resized).jpegA96A29AF-2B88-4622-A8BA-81D85024083D (resized).jpegA96A29AF-2B88-4622-A8BA-81D85024083D (resized).jpeg
#96 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only question now since the movie starts around 9:30, is where to get fine dining ahead of time?

That question was easily answered.

8134682P1 (resized).jpg8134682P1 (resized).jpg348s (resized).jpg348s (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg1884062_9VVQS9mJoqmT7qP5yOgzZHRCjj8P_40LVJVwBl9catk (resized).jpg1884062_9VVQS9mJoqmT7qP5yOgzZHRCjj8P_40LVJVwBl9catk (resized).jpg20180807-193848-largejpg (resized).jpg20180807-193848-largejpg (resized).jpghalf-pepperoni-half-plain (resized).jpghalf-pepperoni-half-plain (resized).jpg
#97 4 years ago

Now I know why pinball is so expensive. For many of you bastards, pinball is your "cheap" hobby.

#98 4 years ago

We just saw it, as it was my daughters 17th birthday present, her choice. I thought it was really good, but I am a car guy, so there may be a little bias. It was terrific in my opinion.

#99 4 years ago

I worked on this one a few weeks ago. I'm excited to see the movie but not enough to go opening night.

20190920_163603 (resized).jpg20190920_163603 (resized).jpg
#100 4 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

We just saw it, as it was my daughters 17th birthday present, her choice. I thought it was really good, but I am a car guy, so there may be a little bias. It was terrific in my opinion.

Did you catch that little gesture Enzo Ferrari did near the end? Total class.

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ford-vs-ferrari/page/2?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.