New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 255566)

Ford Vs. Ferrari

By o-din

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 267 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 days ago by Slim64
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 53 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C5EF03A6-5B5F-4033-983C-1351044DD617 (resized).jpeg
CC504D6D-C897-4451-AFD7-2F25C22AAA4E (resized).jpeg
A756E668-B1BC-4658-9FD4-9B757EAB1A13 (resized).jpeg
E5EBF4A5-E27E-40DC-9084-A2095CFD0C0D (resized).jpeg
E93CC151-24A4-47C2-AEEF-EAEAF0738668 (resized).jpeg
cobra2014-1-1600 (resized).jpg
shelby (resized).jpg
ron_shelby (resized).jpg
20200223_090323 (resized).jpg
20200223_090345 (resized).jpg
20190915_112417 (resized).jpg
dbnghpn-ee7bfdf3-b60d-46bc-ae34-319862ea3192 (resized).png
0C735E1C-3154-4F0A-B013-28B250ABBDF4 (resized).jpeg
A2921C48-1328-4C83-BDEE-EE933C1C48F4 (resized).jpeg
D419E384-C5F7-4189-8EA0-F24B4B81070F (resized).jpeg
8EC953D2-E9CB-410E-9027-8900F0E8E64B (resized).jpeg

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 11 months ago

Three things I've never done. Pay $18 to see a movie in a theatre. See one on opening night. Get the full I-Max experience.

But we are going tonight.

Anybody else?

#2 11 months ago

No but I'll be looking for it on Netflix as soon as it is out!

#3 11 months ago

movies don't even cost $18 around here no matter if it's Imax or not.

#4 11 months ago

$15 per person here near me.

pasted_image (resized).png
#5 11 months ago

No, because I dont think it looks like anything special...

#6 11 months ago

Hopefully going with some friends to see it soon really excited for this film.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

movies don't even cost $18 around here no matter if it's Imax or not.

During a somewhat anebriated coversation with NimblePin last weekend, the subject came up and there is a brand spanking new I-Max in the neighborhood. And I'm a big fan of the GT40 and the story behind it. So he has been on me all week to preorder tickets. So I said why not?

It was cheaper at an older XP, but $3 isn't really a deal breaker.
thumbnail_image2 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

#8 11 months ago

I plan on Sunday night in a regular theater. I only hope the trailers didn't show the best parts.

LTG : )

#9 11 months ago

I haven't been to any movie theatre since I took my daughter to see Kung Fu Panda or the Spongebob movie, can't remember which, so I'm getting super excited.

#10 11 months ago

Looks interesting and Bale is almost always a good watch.

Man you'll love theatres now with there electronic recliners and beer and all that shit.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looks interesting and Bale is almost always a good watch.

Man you'll love theatres now with there electronic recliners and beer and all that shit.

Yeah, Bale has become one of my favorites since 3:10 to Yuma. Of course he had Russel Crowe co starring instead of Matt Damon on that one. But the previews show he is playing the part well.

Electronic recliners and beer? That sounds great! Come a long way since throwing popcorn from the balcony was the highlight in our 100 year old Fox theatre.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm a big fan of the GT40 and the story behind it

I got to 'drive' one of the J Types when I was 16!

Only got to shuffle it around the lot before I cleaned it. But that gets me in the club!

Also got to move/clean one of the Dragon Snakes that day.

Working at a Classic Car Dealership was a fun gig.

#13 11 months ago

We drive new Shelby Mustangs here at work all the time. Have drove a Cobra Kit car once. Also a '68 GT500KR. Been to the Shelby Factory in Las Vegas. That is it.

Hope the movie reflects the facts and not folklore, Some friends are seeing it today, some how? Most have stated that they will go this weekend. Hope that the Ferrari crash in the movie ad is CGI.

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Some friends are seeing it today, some how?

It does show release day as tomorrow, so we must be going to one of those pre events tonight. Nimble said he got us some of the best seats in the house.

I've only seen the TV ads but this trailer looks awesome.

#15 11 months ago

Well it's rare you see a trailer that sucks

#16 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it's rare you see a trailer that sucks

Oh, I've seen plenty. The racing scenes look super badass.

#17 11 months ago

Based on the title, I though there would be a poll to vote! Lol

#18 11 months ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Based on the title, I though there would be a poll to vote! Lol

After I see it, I'll throw Corvette out there just for the hell of it.

#19 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

After I see it, I'll throw Corvette out there just for the hell of it

They built a Corvette to try to compete with the Ford teams.

In order to keep up, they had to sacrifice its ability to go around corners though.

#20 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

After I see it, I'll throw Corvette out there just for the hell of it.

If you create a poll, Ford will win. There are way more Ford owners on Pinside than Ferrari owners.

#21 11 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If you create a poll, Ford will win. There are way more Ford owners on Pinside than Ferrari owners.

Prius and Tesla might put up a pretty good fight here though.

I must say in the preview, Matt Damon looks to have come a long way since Mystic Pizza.

download (resized).jpg
#22 11 months ago

Actor Josh Lucas was on The Rich Eisen Show Friday and had some good stories about filming the movie. Apparently they spent years stock piling vintage Ferraris. They had something like 170 million in cars in one building. One car alone was owned by a Russian billionaire worth 130 million or something crazy like that. World's most expensive car.
Search Rich Eisen on podcastOne if interested in the 10 minute interview

#23 11 months ago

Anything with Caitriona Balfe will get my ass in a seat.

#24 11 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Anything with Caitriona Balfe will get my ass in a seat.

You guys are getting me super pumped for this occasion.

The only question now since the movie starts around 9:30, is where to get fine dining ahead of time?

#25 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

is where to get fine dining ahead of time?

Save room for the huge bucket of popcorn. Bring your own popcorn salt if you want it. Theaters usually have larger grain salt. Fake oil butter is bad enough.

LTG : )

#26 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't been to any movie theatre since I took my daughter to see Kung Fu Panda or the Spongebob movie, can't remember which, so I'm getting super excited.

I rarely go to movie theatres anymore - maybe once or twice a year - but this is one flick that I've been looking forward to seeing on the big screen!

#27 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only question now since the movie starts around 9:30, is where to get fine dining ahead of time?

The only real question is your pot to liquor ratio...you don't wanna burn too much that you feel weird aboot sneaking a bunch of liquor in.
I miss the days of themed drinking movies, did I ever tell you aboot the time we brought in Margaritas for a Pirates of the Caribbean movie? Good times.

Maybe in honor cook up some "Detroit River Water" and stash it away
1 part Capt. Morgan
1 part ameretto
1 part Peach Schnaps
1 part Blue Curaco
splash Cranberry Juice
splash gingered ale

#28 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fake oil butter is bad enough.

That aforementioned Fox Theatre that is still there but not in operation at the moment used to have a popcorn machine where they dropped sticks of real butter into it that would melt it. I saw them do it and asked "That's not margarine, is it?"

Quoted from TheLaw:

The only real question is your pot to liquor ratio...you don't wanna burn too much that you feel weird aboot sneaking a bunch of liquor in.
I miss the days of themed drinking movies, did I ever tell you aboot the time we brought in Margaritas for a Pirates of the Caribbean movie? Good times.

I miss the days when everybody was burning in the theatre and nobody cared.

#29 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe in honor cook up some "Detroit River Water" and stash it away
1 part Capt. Morgan
1 part ameretto
1 part Peach Schnaps
1 part Blue Curaco
splash Cranberry Juice
splash gingered ale

I usually keep a flask of whiskey in my pocket and just buy a large coke or two for my drinks. As for bud, I just burn one right before going in.

#30 11 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I usually keep a flask of whiskey in my pocket and just buy a large coke or two for my drinks. As for bud, I just burn one right before going in.

Back in the 70s when we wore those big down jackets, we could smuggle in everything we needed under them and nobody would be the wiser.

#31 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It does show release day as tomorrow, so we must be going to one of those pre events tonight. Nimble said he got us some of the best seats in the house.
I've only seen the TV ads but this trailer looks awesome.

Glad they used a period correct soundtrack.

#32 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Glad they used a period correct soundtrack.

Just checked that and an interesting combination of old and older songs, some period correct, others not so much.

Most old enough so a Ford Vs. Ferarri pinball machine certainly would not be out of the question.

#33 11 months ago

My friend and I traded keys one day and I got to drive his '05 Ford GT. That was an experience. I can't believe he sold it.

#34 11 months ago

Looks like a good movie to see on the “big screen”. I can remember “Days of Thunder” being very good in theaters.

#35 11 months ago

Been looking forward to this. Looks great. Tomorrow is my birthday and have debated about going to see it or waiting a few days.

Seems our local theaters don't really care about outside drinks. Or maybe they don't care when it's not during their busy times. I usually go at odd times. But have walked into the theater with a full-unopened bottle of coke, and had no issues.

#36 11 months ago

Absolutely seeing this in IMAX...worth the full “experience.” Won’t be bringing the wife

#37 11 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Absolutely seeing this in IMAX...worth the full “experience.” Won’t be bringing the wife

We have one legit IMAX theater around here and for some reason they decided to show Charlie's Angles in IMAX. So pissed. I'll be seeing it in XD which is better then nothing I guess.

#38 11 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

We have one legit IMAX theater around here and for some reason they decided to show Charlie's Angles in IMAX.

Interesting as there are also quite a few pinsiders registered in your area. Coincidence?

#39 11 months ago

I don't go to the movies. I mean, I have only been twice in the last 18 years. I am going to this one.

#40 11 months ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I don't go to the movies. I mean, I have only been twice in the last 18 years. I am going to this one.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I know a lot of people here hype new movies I have no desire to see in the theater, let alone see at all. Now it's our turn.

#41 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My friend and I traded keys one day and I got to drive his '05 Ford GT. That was an experience. I can't believe he sold it.

I'm picking one up soon. They are great cars.

#42 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Three things I've never done. Pay $18 to see a movie in a theatre. See one on opening night. Get the full I-Max experience.
Anybody else?

This movie looks awesome

#43 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This movie looks awesome

It really does!
Too bad they couldn't get the pinball machine done in time for release like they used to do with games like T-2.

#44 11 months ago

Can’t wait to see the movie!! Glad you are going to the movies!! My wife drags me out almost every week!! Go Ford!! Lol. Enjoy!!!!

#45 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anybody else?

Only in Cali would it be $18. Lol

I’m going manana

#46 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only in Cali would it be $18. Lol
I’m going manana

Brand new I-max. If you want to go cheap out here, there is the XP experience for you.

#47 11 months ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Same here. We've lived in this town 11 years now, I can see the theatre from my house and I've been to 2 movies. My wife goes a couple times a month probably. We get movies about a month after release here. Told her yesterday that I'd go see this movie with her when it comes. Hoping it's on the December schedule

#48 11 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'm picking one up soon. They are great cars.

Autokraft MK IV

That's the one to get. And soon. They are criminally cheap these days.

#49 11 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It really does!
Too bad they couldn't get the pinball machine done in time for release like they used to do with games like T-2.

I never really thought about it before but did Sega do this on purpose? Seek out movie franchises and convince them to budget a tiny amount to build a game for them? 12 out of the 19 (13 if you include star wars trilogy) Sega games were based off of movies and 3 more on tv shows.

#50 11 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I never really thought about it before but did Sega do this on purpose? Seek out movie franchises and convince them to budget a tiny amount to build a game for them? 12 out of the 19 (13 if you include star wars trilogy) Sega games were based off of movies and 3 more on tv shows.

Sega and Data East did quite a few fresh release movie themes just like Williams did.This is what was so great about the 90s. Play the pinball game, then go see the movie.

The idea with T-2 was to have it ready in time so it could be in movie theaters and everywhere else in time for the movie's release which it was.

Boy, I sure miss those days. In pinball, they will probably never, ever happen again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 27.50
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 189.99
There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside