• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

On Forbes / SportsMoney by Mike Ozanian DEC 26, 2017 @ 11:07 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2017/12/26/playing-pinballs-big-comeback/

Part of the story seems outdated: "...according to Andrew Heighway, managing director of Heighway Pinball, a UK-based company that plans to release its first machine shortly..."

But the rest is newish: "Yesterday, The IFPA announced the return of the IFPA Heads-Up Pinball Championship for 2018! A new twist on competitive pinball, players will be battling head-to-head simultaneously on two different machines of the same title attempting to complete challenges the fastest. The winner of the tournament will receive a brand new Stern Pro Pinball Machine."

#2 1 year ago

Is “Jack Pinball” a new company?? Lol

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Bumper:

players will be battling head-to-head simultaneously on two different machines of the same title attempting to complete challenges the fastest

Nice even matchup I'm sure.

#4 1 year ago

Appears that the Forbes staff writer spent just a few minutes researching the subject for his poorly researched article.

#5 1 year ago

Glad pinball is getting noticed again and all, but as a former print journalist and copy editor (vocations that went the way of large-scale pinball designing and manufacturing) this article makes me want to scream bloody murder.

"Jack Pinball?" Then they mention Jack Guarnieri by last name on first reference. Good thing I actually pulled this up with an idea of who and what this guy's writing about.

#6 1 year ago

Being in Forbes, this just means the price of machines is going to go up up up. But I still don't get this "comeback of pinball" part.

#7 1 year ago

I heard that on the radio as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 218.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rogersville, MO

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside