4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mettle64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Just saw this new FORBES article.

Pretty happy with my VPCabs rig, so I won't be getting one, but I am also happy for those who are priced out of that market and/or can't build their own rig.

‘Arcade1Up’ Just Closed The Virtual Pinball Realism Gap - And For Hundreds Rather Than Thousands Of Dollars

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2020/02/27/arcade1up-just-closed-the-virtual-pinball-realism-gapand-for-hundreds-rather-than-thousands-of-dollars/#7be4357922a4

#2 4 years ago

It’s cool but I also roll my eyes when these companies act like they can replicate real pinball or replace it. That will simply never happen. These are simulators at best.

“We are doing digital pinball. It’s a growing category. Like home-arcades, we saw a big slice of space. We are taking the skill play of a $10000-$12000 machine and putting it into a box that can retail for $500-$600.”

#3 4 years ago

Yeah, I agree.

And this development is old news to Pinsiders, I just thought it was neat that the story made it into FORBES.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I think this could have the potential to bring new people to the hobby. However, as someone who has an Arcade1Up arcade machine, they are okay but not great. I guess you get what you pay for.

#5 4 years ago

"I caught up with Scott Bachrach, the enigmatic CEO of Tastemakers"

LOL

#6 4 years ago

These machines aren't meant for 95% of Pinsiders. They are doing very well with casuals who wouldn't otherwise own a real machine. The only negative you are going to see from these on the enthusiast level (Pinside) is that perhaps some of those B/W game prices will creep up when more people who started out on a virtual pin want to have the real thing.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

However, as someone who has an Arcade1Up arcade machine, they are okay but not great. I guess you get what you pay for.

Yeah, the only one I am currently tempted to buy is Star Wars.

If they make Operation Wolf or Spy Hunter I would get those too!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Just saw this new FORBES article.

Forbes has a system of unpaid bloggers that they call Contributors, similar to Huffington Post. It's still interesting that this made it to their system, but this is essentially just a bigger name on the top of this one guy's blog.

https://www.joshsteimle.com/writing/how-being-a-forbes-contributor-works.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/forbes-arcade1up-closes-vr-pin-realism-gap-amp-for-100s-not-1000s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.