Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by McCune
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20121116_171944.jpg
    Photo0952.jpg
    IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1767.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1743.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    Photo0946.jpg
    Photo0944.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Nobody wants a cloudy window...let's just be honest here.

Going to disagree with your statement that Nobody wants a cloudy window based on the following:

An NOS PF with a crystal-clear window costs about $500.

Therefore, in the scenario where both games up FS side-by-side, the clear one should command about $500 more...perhaps less, who knows (hobbyist swap labor not counted; hard dollars only).

Some people WILL opt for the $500 cheaper game IMO--all other things being equal.

Disclosure: I do own a "cloudy" one...just not really that big of a deal IMO to warrant a swap at this time...but that said, I do own a "cloudy" one.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I dunno man.

It's not the $500 part, it's the effort in swapping it.

What does a playfield swap & population cost by those in the resto field?

A lot, up to a grand--but I still wouldn't expect more than a $500 spread between games before buyers step in and buy the "deal" for such a relatively minor issue IMO (again, effectively the hard cost of an NOS PF...perhaps that's too generous).

I've got an NOS clear PF I'm saving for the future--but I'm not swapping mine till it looks like it's been routed (with chipped inserts, ball-drop pulverization etc) many years down the line, if ever--not now because of a slightly cloudy/"smokey" window.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-you-guys-who-purchased-an-acdc-premium-with-a-cloudy-window?tu=NM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.