By Radius118

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I do a lot of business with Rockauto. They send me discount codes all the time. The email says feel free to share. So I am!

5% off discount code: 6041083448463698

Expires June 11th.

Hope this helps someone.

#6 7 years ago

dannylite you're welcome. Glad it helped you out.

Everyone has their own experiences dealing with different companies. My experience has been the exact opposite of @bildd. In the last 18 months I have spent over $20,000 on parts with Rockauto and I have gotten the wrong part only 4 times. One of those was simply a mis-boxed part - a right hand brake caliper in a left hand box. 1 of those was clearly my fault as I misread the notes for a set of u-joints. The other 2 were simply cataloged wrong. Rockauto's parts listings are based on the parts manufacturer catalog. Mistakes happen. I have gotten parts damaged in shipping - usually alternators - 4 times. So out of hundreds of transactions, those are the only problems I have had. Pretty damn good considering the experiences I have had with "normal" parts stores.

If you have a problem with a Rockauto part, you should never need to call them. There is an online process to report a problem with a part. If you got the wrong part and it's not your fault, answer the questions and then print a return label and send it back. There is no charge for the return shipping and you get your money back within 3 days of the part arriving back to them. If the wrong part was the result of you looking it up wrong, you pay the return shipping. Pretty fair if you ask me.

All that being said, you MUST pay attention to you are doing when looking up the parts and READ the notes! Most cars these days have production date splits on various parts, or different options that affect the part you are after. You have to know what you have - or be able to find out - in order to get the right part.

An example of above and beyond customer service that I have gotten from Rockauto. I ordered a Rotomaster reman dual turbo kit for a Ford 6.4 diesel. The supplier showed the item in stock when I ordered. I don't know what happened, but apparently Rotomaster had some issue and would not be able to meet the promised delivery date with regular shipping. So they sent the turbo kit FedEx overnight air with Saturday delivery in order to meet/beat the promised delivery date. That thing weighs almost 90 pounds! I cannot imagine what it cost them to ship that overnight. When it came time to return the core to get my $400 core charge back, the return shipping label was only 38 bucks. How reasonable is that??

Anyway, this got a little longer than intended and wasn't meant to be a Rockauto cheerleader thread, but I wanted to respond to some of the criticism.

Oh and jayhawkai if you don't like where I posted the thread, get a moderator to move it. Since my post is completely off topic for anything pinball related, this looked like the best option. I'm so sorry this didn't meet with your approval.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Great post, but I don't think there's any reason to be offended by jayhawkai 's post. He actually made a good point about posting the discount code in the Pinside Car Club thread since that's where a lot of the people who also dabble in the car hobby post, too. Makes sense that you'd want to hit your target audience. He was even poking fun at himself with his "-Thread Judge" signature.

Probably. Except I didn't find a dedicated car club thread and to be honest I would have to admit @jaykawkai's just rubbed me the wrong way. So my apologies.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-you-fellow-gearheads-rockauto-discount-code?tu=Radius118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.