P5070430_(resized).JPG
P5070429_(resized).JPG
P5070428_(resized).JPG
P5070427_(resized).JPG
P5070426_(resized).JPG
P5070425_(resized).JPG
P5070424_(resized).JPG
P5070423_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is the reality of any rare deck it seems. Always someone with more money than I that is willing to pay more.
If they do, then I am pretty sure I will be able to go buy a nice I500 with ease.

2336 units produced isn't exactly rare... The music in this game is great but gameplay is so-so. I don't think the tunes elevate it to WPC B-title pricing, but hey, just need one buyer. Good luck and keep bumping

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what they produced and what still exist are 2 very different things. Gottlieb Sys 80B from the late 80s went largely overseas and were apparently only popular among the cheaper operators in the US. Reality is that many of them were trashed, parted, and scraped after their useful life on route of a couple years.

...like every other pinball machine from the 80s. When they wore out, they got auctioned or trashed. Nothing special about the Gottleib games.. they were a little less popular, but that also meant they didn't wear out as fast.

Quoted from Whysnow:

With only 41 US based owners (55 total owners) and a 2 ratio of wishers to owners, it is a rare deck no matter how you slice it. If you want to compare to see relative rarity then go to a similar era non-GTB title. Let's look at DETM for example. Also made in 1988 and similar publish production run of 2,896, yet there are more than double the number of current owners with 112 on pinside. How about SoF... 2700 made; 184 owners

Yea, because until about 3 years ago, nobody wanted it. I bet that owner total was single digit in 2012. Then it got "showcased" at PAPA and everyone fell in love with the NES music and cheese factor, and suddenly it didn't suck as much. I still don't think it's a great player, but at least it's fun to listen to.

All that said, proof is in the pudding. You've been flogging this thing for six weeks and it hasn't budged. Yea, you might eventually hook a sucker, but I think you'll need to change up the bait a little more first

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL.
Actually because of this single thread I have added 5 of the 7 games on my short list in just under 6 weeks.
People have contacted me and offered outright sale, which is pretty cool in itself. Thanks Tx-Sector! Yet another reason you are awesome to me

Thats actually pretty cool.. it is indeed good bait LOL maybe you should keep it.. route it if you need the room.

#158 7 years ago

It blew up before 2015. Todd probably did the vid in response to PAPA...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-tx-sector-gottlieb-1988?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.