P5070430_(resized).JPG
P5070429_(resized).JPG
P5070428_(resized).JPG
P5070427_(resized).JPG
P5070426_(resized).JPG
P5070425_(resized).JPG
P5070424_(resized).JPG
P5070423_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL.
Actually because of this single thread I have added 5 of the 7 games on my short list in just under 6 weeks.
People have contacted me and offered outright sale, which is pretty cool in itself. Thanks Tx-Sector! Yet another reason you are awesome to me

Thats actually pretty cool.. it is indeed good bait LOL maybe you should keep it.. route it if you need the room.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

TX Sector has a good playfield, great sounds, horrid art, and imbalanced scoring. Hit the lit spinner all day long. That's it.
Yes, the PAPA vid and putting it in A bank one year put it on the map for some. I know of at least 5 examples of this game here in Pittsburgh, and none of them are listed in Pinside collections.

What are u saying exactly? What is A bank?

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What are u saying exactly? What is A bank?

"A" Bank is referring to the top tier of competition at PAPA each year. I guess 5 or 6 year back it had tx-sector as one of the games used???

Some people like to think that is what put TX on the map. I personally think it was this youtube video and the fact that the game is just awesome. I looked for one after my friend Mike said something to the effect of "Hey you like cheesey looking games that play awesome and great audio... Check out this video"

I then played the game and decided 100% I had to have one.

Later I decided that I needed to make a perfect one. That is how I ended up with 2 of them (my other one has a flawless cab but not as nice a pf; I luckily have a NOS pf that is cleared and autographed by Dr flash)

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally think it was this youtube video and the fact that the game is just awesome.

I've seen that many times, really like his reviews, the game is special for me like Robowar and Arena as they seem to encapsulate all the cheese and greatness within that cheese that was the 80's, SFX and music are amazing plus I really like the gameplay of these Gottliebs, Arena has now almost been in my collection for a year and a half, thats the longest I've ever owned a pin and honestly I can't sell it, I'm after a TX and Robo and will pay very well for them because they will never leave, these pins are the ideal keepers for a fella like myself, coolness factor off the charts.

#155 7 years ago

I think it was the TNT YouTube video. The week that video came out I saw a couple people already posted WTBs.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I think it was the TNT YouTube video. The week that video came out I saw a couple people already posted WTBs.

never seen the TNT one on Tx. I will have to go check it out now.

here is is if anyone else wants t blow 25 min

#157 7 years ago

that video is just from 2015. Is that the one you were talking about Pappy?

#158 7 years ago

It blew up before 2015. Todd probably did the vid in response to PAPA...

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It blew up before 2015. Todd probably did the vid in response to PAPA...

Maybe so but I didn't hear shit about that game here on Pinside until after the TNT vid. Iv'e know about the game for years but never gave it a shot based on that ugly ass translite. Yes Whysnow, that is the correct one. Good job finding it.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

aybe so but I didn't hear shit about that game here on Pinside

you should listen to me more Pappy I have been singing its praises for a few years now...

It is my friday bump.

Picking up Shadow tomorrow. It is gonna be a good weekend!

#161 7 years ago

I know it would take a lot more than $3000 to get me to sell my vitrigraph playfield TX.

#162 7 years ago

Yoda says,, The hype is strong with this one.

#163 7 years ago

today I pick up shadow!!!

woot woot!

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

today I pick up shadow!!!
woot woot!

Congrats! I had a TS lined up a year ago at Pinfest but couldn't get it back home so had to pass on it.....def a pin I'd like to have in my line up someday. And someday I'll add a nice TX right next to my Robowar.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I know it would take a lot more than $3000 to get me to sell my vitrigraph playfield TX.

I've been looking for one.... where did you get yours?

Those playfields are unobtainium in the states.

#166 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#167 7 years ago

Now that shadow is home, where is my i500 or SC or???

#168 7 years ago

Sunday funday bump.

If you don't start drinking before noon, you can't drink all day.

#169 7 years ago

Thought i had something set upbut alas it did not work out.

#170 7 years ago

updated my pinside "wishlist" open to trades for anything on my wislist.

#171 7 years ago

I would be more than happy to trade my Embryon for TX Sector... Sorry I don't have an I500 or SC though . Good luck.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I would be more than happy to trade my Embryon for TX Sector... Sorry I don't have an I500 or SC though . Good luck.

thanks, but unless it is SUPER nice then Embryon is a bit further down the current list.

#173 7 years ago

Hate the fact we aren't in the same area, I500 gone and now I'm looking to sell/trade my BSD and would do an even swap. Luckily I have a local TX and Robowar lined up for late Aug but I don't have any patience either. Damn

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks, but unless it is SUPER nice then Embryon is a bit further down the current list.

I didn't expect that you to be interested I was semi joking. No desire to get rid of Embryon unless its for something worth more.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hate the fact we aren't in the same area, I500 gone and now I'm looking to sell/trade my BSD and would do an even swap. Luckily I have a local TX and Robowar lined up for late Aug but I don't have any patience either. Damn

should have made it work when I was over in Detroit for the VFW show That would have been a short drive for you then.

BSD would have been a straight up trade for me also. Would have been nice.

Alternatively, head on over to WI. Perfect time of year to visit Madison and we can even swing up to the lake house for some beers and fishing/ wakeboarding.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

should have made it work when I was over in Detroit for the VFW show That would have been a short drive for you then.
BSD would have been a straight up trade for me also. Would have been nice.
Alternatively, head on over to WI. Perfect time of year to visit Madison and we can even swing up to the lake house for some beers and fishing/ wakeboarding.

Yeah, I'm not a guy who really likes to go further than about 20mins from the house and even then get anxious because I want go home, not out of any kind of illness just love home, I did make a couple trips this year about an hour drive to look at some pins and it wasn't to bad but I'm not ready for WI.

#177 7 years ago

TX Sector was just released as the new table on Pinball Arcade, and I am loving it. I think its appeal probably has more to do with a player's age than anything. I always used to think of pinball as this kind of 1950's baby boomer, rock'n'roll thing and for me that has zero appeal. I'm 47 and was 18 in 1987, when TX Sector was released. That whole era of the beginning of electronic dance music, KLF, the Orb, Technotronic, Salt-n-Pepa supersonic, Roland drum machines and all the amazing sounds coming out of Detroit, is what does it for me. Maybe it's the drugs we were doing? Who knows. It's the beginning of the video game era, and to see a pinball table with that same sound and look is super appealing for a certain generation of pinball enthusiasts. It's like a sort of low-rent Tron knock-off that actually turned out very cool. Cooler than Tron now that that franchise has been ruined by its resurrection as a modern CGI spectacle. I have only recently got into pinball, didn't really get the appeal when I was a teenager, but it's tables like this one that have me grinning and grooving when I discover them. Maybe that helps explain the appeal. From a purist pinball perspective, it might not be that great a table.

#178 7 years ago

bump. Had a possible trade again but has gone cold.

I am about ready to toss it in and just sell it outright.

#179 7 years ago

Run with the sale. You will be happy in the end.

#180 7 years ago

sale (off pinside) pending

1 week later
#181 7 years ago

sold

For those curious, the buyer was OK with sharing. This sold at full asking price, $3000.

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-tx-sector-gottlieb-1988/page/4?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.