P5070430_(resized).JPG
P5070429_(resized).JPG
P5070428_(resized).JPG
P5070427_(resized).JPG
P5070426_(resized).JPG
P5070425_(resized).JPG
P5070424_(resized).JPG
P5070423_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago

TX...Tx...tx... I'm loving this game. Even my friends who are normally 90's pin snobs can't get enough of it... It's definitely a keeper. I can now see why these are so sought after and scarce in the market place.

BUMP...BUmp...bump

#102 7 years ago

Arena plus cash ?

#103 7 years ago

Thanks for the offer but no current interest in arena.

#104 7 years ago

Lol I kind of figured, threw it out mostly to give you a bump

#105 7 years ago

thanks

#106 7 years ago

bump before a bachelor party weekend starts

I have had quite a few asking for cash sale. In short my current answer to that is to find a decent example of TS or I500 and pick it up. I put a trade value of $2500 on this tx-sector. I am fine with paying a fair price based on condition for either of those titles, so if you negotiate a good deal on finding one of those games then all the better for you.

Alternatively, if you find a deal on one of those games and pass it on to me, I am happy to sell you tx outright as your finders fee.

My reality is that I am not planning to sell this tx outright till I bring in one of those games (or something else from my ISO list).

#107 7 years ago

friday bump before heading out to fish all day. woot woot!

#108 7 years ago

Isn't this the same game you described as a turd?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I paid 750 for what was supposed to be a working game but is a turd with reset issues. Only other one I have even seen available in the past 9 months was 1500? and overseas.
Needless to say I am happy with my non-working turd and will eventually get it playing.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

If I may, he has two TX's at this point, I believe he found a nicer one to keep, and whether he was referring there to the one he is selling or not, he was lamenting the issues he proceeds to describe, which have obviously been remedied, and not the game in general, like that metaphor usually means.

I must say that I never thought comparing any pin to a piece of excrement was very insightful, except maybe with the saying "don't bother polishing a turd." Even a terrible or irreparably damaged game has value; I've never heard of anyone parting out a poop.

At the same time, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this $2500 valuation. I think it's nuts to not just sell it for that if he can get it. Yeah, I know, trade bait, with others helping to look for games he wants, but it seems more likely he'll wish he had the cash when a game he wants becomes available the old fashioned way, for what are the chances a random seller will want to trade it for a $2500 TX? Especially when the consensus two years ago was under $1000. I guess he could quickly sell it to one of the interested parties in that case, I just hope it doesn't backfire and he misses out.

Okay, enough over-analyzing. Good luck, Hilton!

#110 7 years ago

might want to hold out for a bit. seems like TX-Sector is the next release from pinball arcade. it seems to be the trend that once a game comes out on Pinball Arcade that the physical version goes up in value (Ripley's Believe it or Not, No Good Gopher's, Etc)

from facebook.

The Pinball Arcade
2 hrs ·
TX-Sector™ will be the next table to join your Pinball Arcade collection.

TX Sector Pinball Machine Gottlieb 1988
Not a machine I would normally have considered owning so its lucky I was lent this by Poibug to show me what I was missing. Wow what a great game,…

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Lol. I like your effort to dig. No time to give you the full story, but yes this game was a turd when i got it years ago. My first 80b and I brought it back to life nicely. Had tons of issues when i got it and they have all been fixed. Better than parting it out like some people would have.

#112 7 years ago

This game would totally help towards completing my wacky 80s Gottlieb collection!

#113 7 years ago

TX turd bump!

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

At the same time, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this $2500 valuation. I think it's nuts to not just sell it for that if he can get it. Yeah, I know, trade bait, with others helping to look for games he wants, but it seems more likely he'll wish he had the cash when a game he wants becomes available the old fashioned way, for what are the chances a random seller will want to trade it for a $2500 TX? Especially when the consensus two years ago was under $1000. I guess he could quickly sell it to one of the interested parties in that case, I just hope it doesn't backfire and he misses out.

Okay, enough over-analyzing. Good luck, Hilton!

To satisfy your over analyzing I dont need to sell this game in order to get one of the many other games on my ISO list. If one pops up then I will just buy it. This trade offer is merely a potential incentive for others to pass along a deal on one of those other games or go seek it out and then trade with me. The $2500 valuation is ONLY as a trade. I give that trade or finders fee a value also. IF I sell it outright then I foresee zero trouble in getting 2500+ considering the number of people that have already reached out requesting an outright sale.

If I do sell it outright (after locating an ISO on my own) then I will likely sell to one of the CO crew that were early to the punch and have been very helpful in trying to find a trade. I am in no hurry here to find an ISO or to sell this game, so time will tell. I feel pretty good that eventually the right trade will come along or someone will find my one of the games I am hunting for and I will hook them up with Tx.

p.s. cool to see this is coming to pinball arcade!

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am in no hurry here to find an ISO or to sell this game, so time will tell.

Then quit bumping your own thread everyday.

#116 7 years ago

thanks for the Bump Tommy!

Bump

#117 7 years ago

just played a few games on a TX tonight. great game BUMP! TX..Tx..tx..tx...tx...

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

just played a few games on a TX tonight. great game BUMP! TX..Tx..tx..tx...tx...

It is a blast. I need to check out the pinball arcade version.

#119 7 years ago

Looks like tx on pinball arcade is coming soon. I thought it was already out, my bad.

#120 7 years ago

Sending PM now.

#121 7 years ago

Any interest in a Barb*Wire?

IMAG0171_(resized).jpgIMAG0171_(resized).jpg

#122 7 years ago

Just played like 100 games of tx at cactus jacks silverball showdown. Ahhh I need one bump

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any interest in a Barb*Wire?

thanks, but not interested in that title.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Just played like 100 games of tx at cactus jacks silverball showdown. Ahhh I need one bump

how did you do in the showdown?

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how did you do in the showdown?

Qualified for A but sucked and missed the cut

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Qualified for A but sucked and missed the cut

Still solid to make A

#127 7 years ago

Shadow located for outright purchase from a solid local. Deposit sent and picking it up in a bit.

Still ISO an I500.

Can transport to Twin cities in Jun or CO in Sept.

#128 7 years ago

One posted here a little bit ago in Tennessee.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Link?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

thanks. Already in contact with seller to see if we can work something out. Quite a hike, not to mention Dave in CO is working on a few leads out there which would be best since I am making that trip already (plus Dave really needs a TX Tx tx tx tx).

#131 7 years ago

tuesday bump (dont' get mad Tommy)

#132 7 years ago

Wednesday bump.

I have gotten quite a few people requesting an outright purchase and one rather persistent person that really wanted a price (no worries, I understand that everything has a price to some). I am looking for a trade so if you want an outright sale price...

$3000 cash and carry is the price. This is the 'make me sell it' price or more accurately the "if I sell if for this price then I will go overpay for another game price"

If you have a trade deal then the trade value I out on it is still $2500.

If you are looking to find a trade for this then it is like your finders fee is $500

Hope that satisfies all.

#133 7 years ago

Someone on here is probably just crazy enough to pay that, sadly enough.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Someone on here is probably just crazy enough to pay that, sadly enough.

that is the reality of any rare deck it seems. Always someone with more money than I that is willing to pay more.

If they do, then I am pretty sure I will be able to go buy a nice I500 with ease.

#135 7 years ago

Its Thursday in New Zealand bump

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is the reality of any rare deck it seems. Always someone with more money than I that is willing to pay more.
If they do, then I am pretty sure I will be able to go buy a nice I500 with ease.

I owned a I500 and TX Sector is easily as good of a game, for me way better due to theme and coolness of the SFX, music and I think gameplay so its always market value crap that gets in the way and I have no problem paying large for a game I really want, I know guys who have been looking for a title for years then pass when a nice example comes up because it costs a few hundred dollars mores than what the current market value is, I wish I could do that, must have it. If I was close to Whysnow he would have my 3K pretty f---ing fast.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

2336 units produced isn't exactly rare... The music in this game is great but gameplay is so-so. I don't think the tunes elevate it to WPC B-title pricing, but hey, just need one buyer. Good luck and keep bumping

#138 7 years ago

They made 1230 Spirits

#139 7 years ago

TX Sector is the most played game in my collection. Beats out my 'expensive' pins. Great game.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

2336 units produced isn't exactly rare... The music in this game is great but gameplay is so-so. I don't think the tunes elevate it to WPC B-title pricing, but hey, just need one buyer. Good luck and keep bumping

what they produced and what still exist are 2 very different things. Gottlieb Sys 80B from the late 80s went largely overseas and were apparently only popular among the cheaper operators in the US. Reality is that many of them were trashed, parted, and scraped after their useful life on route of a couple years.

I have has discussions with people on the inside at that time and they have made it clear that published numbers are inflated from reality to begin with.

With only 41 US based owners (55 total owners) and a 2 ratio of wishers to owners, it is a rare deck no matter how you slice it.

If you want to compare to see relative rarity then go to a similar era non-GTB title. Let's look at DETM for example. Also made in 1988 and similar publish production run of 2,896, yet there are more than double the number of current owners with 112 on pinside.

How about SoF... 2700 made; 184 owners

The reality is that either the true produciton run of GTB games form that era was about 50% of the published number to start or 50% less remain in the living world. Probably a combination of both things

Point being Tx, like the other great GTB games from that era is in fact RARE.

#141 7 years ago

I love watching this thread! I can't wait to see who is going to say f-it and pull the trigger on their wallet. Ed

#142 7 years ago

Come on! Fork it over. Who's going to be the winner,winner chicken dinner!

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I love watching this thread! I can't wait to see who is going to say f-it and pull the trigger on their wallet. Ed

preference is someone woudl say f-it and trade me a game instead

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what they produced and what still exist are 2 very different things. Gottlieb Sys 80B from the late 80s went largely overseas and were apparently only popular among the cheaper operators in the US. Reality is that many of them were trashed, parted, and scraped after their useful life on route of a couple years.

...like every other pinball machine from the 80s. When they wore out, they got auctioned or trashed. Nothing special about the Gottleib games.. they were a little less popular, but that also meant they didn't wear out as fast.

Quoted from Whysnow:

With only 41 US based owners (55 total owners) and a 2 ratio of wishers to owners, it is a rare deck no matter how you slice it. If you want to compare to see relative rarity then go to a similar era non-GTB title. Let's look at DETM for example. Also made in 1988 and similar publish production run of 2,896, yet there are more than double the number of current owners with 112 on pinside. How about SoF... 2700 made; 184 owners

Yea, because until about 3 years ago, nobody wanted it. I bet that owner total was single digit in 2012. Then it got "showcased" at PAPA and everyone fell in love with the NES music and cheese factor, and suddenly it didn't suck as much. I still don't think it's a great player, but at least it's fun to listen to.

All that said, proof is in the pudding. You've been flogging this thing for six weeks and it hasn't budged. Yea, you might eventually hook a sucker, but I think you'll need to change up the bait a little more first

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You've been flogging this thing for six weeks and it hasn't budged

LOL.

Actually because of this single thread I have added 5 of the 7 games on my short list in just under 6 weeks.
People have contacted me and offered outright sale, which is pretty cool in itself. Thanks Tx-Sector! Yet another reason you are awesome to me

It has been for trade from day 1 and not for sale. I have gotten many PMs asking or even demanding a cash price, so today I set a high cash price. If someone decides it is worth 3k to them then I will likely go over pay for one of the other games I am ISO. It is only pinball and it is all fun.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

When they wore out, they got auctioned or trashed. Nothing special about the Gottleib games.. they were a little less popular, but that also meant they didn't wear out as fast.

what is special about GTB games is that they were largely ignored and did poorly on route. That meant even more of them got trashed and parted even longer ago as they held no value for the operator and disappeared long before the surge in the collector market. Many people have recently discovered how much fun and what great games some of them are.

#147 7 years ago

Besides all that this discussion netted you a game you were look8ng for.

#148 7 years ago

TX Sector has a good playfield, great sounds, horrid art, and imbalanced scoring. Hit the lit spinner all day long. That's it.

Yes, the PAPA vid and putting it in A bank one year put it on the map for some. I know of at least 5 examples of this game here in Pittsburgh, and none of them are listed in Pinside collections.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

TX Sector has a good playfield, great sounds, horrid art, and imbalanced scoring. Hit the lit spinner all day long. That's it.
Yes, the PAPA vid and putting it in A bank one year put it on the map for some. I know of at least 5 examples of this game here in Pittsburgh, and none of them are listed in Pinside collections.

I can drive to Pittsburgh if anyone wants to sell

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I actually like the art very much! It fits perfectly IMO.

As for unbalanced scoring, I can play for power levels and cream you all day long if you are shooting spinners. Both strategies are very level in scoring points. In general terms spinners will bring you good scores, but the only way to a blow up game is multiple multiballs and keep racking up power levels. If yours is too unbalanced then you should change your dip switch settings to balance it better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-tx-sector-gottlieb-1988/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.