P5070430_(resized).JPG
P5070429_(resized).JPG
P5070428_(resized).JPG
P5070427_(resized).JPG
P5070426_(resized).JPG
P5070425_(resized).JPG
P5070424_(resized).JPG
P5070423_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would love to own a TX Sector. But there is no way I'd pay that much for an average one.

yeah, I feel the same way about other games. Many are out of my personal comfort range on price. TX-Sector is definately not one of them. I have a NOS clearcoated pf, NOS plastics, NOS ramps, plus a few other treats. You can do the math, but I will somewhere between 4-5k when I am finally done with my personal game restoration to better than new

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

what does a TX sector GO for these days $ ?

In my experience over two years, about $100 more than you're willing to offer. I finally got (a broken) one after numerous failures because the seller liked my communication and attitude more than the guy who was offering $100 more than me.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I feel the same way about other games. Many are out of my personal comfort range on price. TX-Sector is definately not one of them. I have a NOS clearcoated pf, NOS plastics, NOS ramps, plus a few other treats. You can do the math, but I will somewhere between 4-5k when I am finally done with my personal game restoration to better than new

That's fine if you want to over spend on your personal machine. But his question was concerning average prices.

Current book value shows $800
Ebay Sales Summary shows average value of $579. (highest price ever selling at $1595)
Pinball Price .com shows a low of $450 and a high of $2300

The last two sales that I'm personally aware of went for $850 and $1100. And with more than 2300 machine produced its not rare.

Sorry Hilton, I'm not trying to be problematic for you. But I think TX Sector is a $1500 machine give or take depending on condition. At $2400 that machine had better be mint.
- Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry Hilton, I'm not trying to be problematic for you. But I think TX Sector is a $1500 machine give or take depending on condition. At $2400 that machine had better be mint.

you are specifically trying to be problematic Kim, but it is cool. That is part of your style and it really poses no problem to me and I still like you.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it differs from many others that are in search of the game or have purchased the game to add to their collections. That just means your likelyhood of finding one is less, since many others are willing to pay more than you are. It is entirely possible that you may find yourself a Tx-Sector for your $1500 (and I hope you do since it is a great game!), but it wont be this one. This one I have for trade is pretty darn nice (I will get around to uploading some pics in a couple days; when I get a break from fixing up the new house)

Good luck in your hunt.

While you are looking you can always watch this video which is probably one of the best TX Tx tx tx tx videos ever!

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And with more than 2300 machine produced its not rare.

this is one thing I will say you are wrong about.

With only 52 in pinside collections, it is definitely not as common as you think. As with most GTB of this era, they did poorly on route, most went overseas, and lots went to the landfill years ago. I keep pretty close eyes on Tx since it is an all time favorite and after getting my first one 4? years ago I had been looking to upgrade for a long time.

#56 7 years ago

Productio: 2,336 units (confirmed)
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=tx+sector&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2699

TX_Sector_(resized).pngTX_Sector_(resized).png

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good luck in your hunt.

Thanks buddy. I've been around long enough to know that I either get my price or I don't get the game. There are plenty of other titles to go for and I've learned to have patience.

Good luck with your sale my friend. See you in Colorado soon.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's fine if you want to over spend on your personal machine. But his question was concerning average prices.
Current book value shows $800
Ebay Sales Summary shows average value of $579. (highest price ever selling at $1595)
Pinball Price .com shows a low of $450 and a high of $2300
The last two sales that I'm personally aware of went for $850 and $1100. And with more than 2300 machine produced its not rare.

My TX-Sector was $1500 broken with a 20 hour round trip and I had to jump on the deal. I missed out on two on the East coast last year that went for $2000 and $2100 and a local one that was priced too low at $600 and sold before I got off of work. There was a nice one in MN that was wasn't listed publicly but was asking $2500, dunno if that one ever sold.

Not rare based on production numbers, but the game just doesn't come up for sale that often. Breakshot and Mystery Castle are two games that should be much rarer, but I see them for sale way more often than TX-Sector.

I was in the "This game books for $600 and based on the era it should be low/mid $1000s" camp for a while but I wouldn't have a TX-Sector if I stayed there...

#60 7 years ago

These are near impossible to find like Robowar and have gone up in price recently due to that fact that alot of collectors love them, just the coolest pins for a guy like me and I would glady pay for a good condition TX Sector, most guys won't even consider selling theirs unless the price is 2500 to 3K and even then, I know I've offered

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

My TX-Sector was $1500 broken with a 20 hour round trip and I had to jump on the deal. I missed out on two on the East coast last year that went for $2000 and $2100 and a local one that was priced too low at $600 and sold before I got off of work. There was a nice one in MN that was wasn't listed publicly but was asking $2500, dunno if that one ever sold.
Not rare based on production numbers, but the game just doesn't come up for sale that often. Breakshot and Mystery Castle are two games that should be much rarer, but I see them for sale way more often than TX-Sector.
I was in the "This game books for $600 and based on the era it should be low/mid $1000s" camp for a while but I wouldn't have a TX-Sector if I stayed there...

Thank you for posting that. I've got a call into a friend and I am totally rethinking what I believed. My instincts are already telling me I'm wrong...

#62 7 years ago

Well, now I'm tempted to rationalize paying the newer going rate for a TX by telling myself that by factoring in the $225 RW I will have them both for the old average price!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is one thing I will say you are wrong about.
With only 52 in pinside collections, it is definitely not as common as you think. As with most GTB of this era, they did poorly on route, most went overseas, and lots went to the landfill years ago. I keep pretty close eyes on Tx since it is an all time favorite and after getting my first one 4? years ago I had been looking to upgrade for a long time.

It'd be really cool to have a graph of # of games in pinside collections vs production count vs year of manufacture

#64 7 years ago

Yes, you do

i need a shadow or a radical...

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thank you for posting that. I've got a call into a friend and I am totally rethinking what I believed. My instincts are already telling me I'm wrong...

I like that about you Kim! We both know how to say when we are wrong. I persoanlly hope ypu find one for cheap, or better yet gofind a game i want for cheap and then trade me. I will even drive all the way to you to deliver

#66 7 years ago

Bump for trade possibilities. Had a few possibilities recently but then things went silent.

#68 7 years ago

no thanks, but thanks for offering

#69 7 years ago

TX. TX. TX. TX.

#70 7 years ago

A couple possible things in the mix, but nothing is done till it is done bump.

Reminder that I could transport to VFW show or out to Dory Hill in CO this summer.

#71 7 years ago

friday bump just because.

#72 7 years ago

Why not post some pics? or send me some via PM. Thanks

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

cant send pics via PM (I think you have to pay for that feature beyond normal donation?), but will post some this weekend.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

woke up early to snap some photos.

I put them in the original ad/post up top. Here is one just to entice you to go look at the rest up there ^^^^

Interested traders, feel free to reach out and I am happy to give you TONS more photos or talk on the phone.

P5070416_(resized).JPGP5070416_(resized).JPG

#75 7 years ago

What are you looking to trade for?

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Topic header says Shadow or Indy 500

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

like Tom says, mainly I500 or TS.

I am open to others also so if anyone has something in mind it is fine to inquire.

In general I put the value of this tx-sector at 2500 and am happy to make up cash difference for the right trade.

#79 7 years ago

Being a guy that would love to spend 1500 on a TX I would have loved to jump all over that but....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-choggared-by-a-guy-in-rock-island

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Being a guy that would love to spend 1500 on a TX I would have loved to jump all over that but....

Yep, do your research on that seller

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Not sure on that one, But if one was local they could look at it before you/they buy it.

#82 7 years ago

If I was local I'd go check it out for sure

#83 7 years ago

good luck with it. I guess you are interested since you posted it in my thread? or just trying to be a donkey (success!)?

Funny part is there is a good shot that guy does not even have the game. He has issues with me, so decent chance he is posting that just for the very effect you are providing the assist on. Be sure to go check it out in person and BRING a friend with you when you go to his place!

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He has issues with me, so decent chance he is posting that just for the very effect you are providing the assist on

Pretty sure he doesn't. I called and the conversation went like:

Him: "I don't do texts so I can't send pictures and I already got an offer for $2500 so..."
Me: "Well, is it still for sale or not?"
Him: "It is but like I said I've got an offer of $2500"
Me: "You should take it then"
Him: "Yeah I don't want to be that guy though...I mean I posted it for $1500"
Me: "So is it for sale or not?"
Him: "I'll let you know if the other guy passes"

GLWS Hilton

#85 7 years ago

Thanks. 3 others have messaged me now and pretty much his same story. Pretty sad that the guy is such a bad person that he has issues with me warning others about him so now he goes to this extreme of trolling a fake for sale. You are obviously reading this Kevin, or Dean, or Gene, or whatever new alias you are using... Get a life

#86 7 years ago

I had it bought but he just called me and said a guy is picking it up tomorrow for 2,500.00. I saw pics and it looked really nice. I was going to buy it and have it shipped but was really nervous about it reading how he screws people. At least now I don't have to worry.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I had it bought but he just called me and said a guy is picking it up tomorrow for 2,500.00. I saw pics and it looked really nice. I was going to buy it and have it shipped but was really nervous about it reading how he screws people. At least now I don't have to worry.

trust me that you are lucky to not have to deal with him.

No go find a nice shadow or I500 and we can make a trade

#88 7 years ago

What's funny to me is he tried to screw you over on your price by posting it at 1.5k but then affirmed your price point by saying it was sold for 2.5k...

Still have some leads, I'll keep ya posted

#89 7 years ago

I knew that one for $1500 was a trolling number. I've been looking aggressively over the last few weeks and NOBODY was even close to being that low! I just couldn't let go of my Shadow for this deal. It's been an on going obsession of mine...ie way too much $ in it to ever get it back. I was able to secure one over the weekend for more than what you're asking. So, I think your price for $2500 is a great deal. I would have paid you straight up for it, but I know where you stood on that. You'll get the deal done because it's truly a remarkable game....like an 80's orgasm!

#90 7 years ago

Congrats on the local score TaTa!

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

What's funny to me is he tried to screw you over on your price by posting it at 1.5k but then affirmed your price point by saying it was sold for 2.5k...
Still have some leads, I'll keep ya posted

go haggle on that safecracker the guy in Denver is selling. If it is good condition then that will work as a trade also and Ill make up the cash difference.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I knew that one for $1500 was a trolling number. I've been looking aggressively over the last few weeks and NOBODY was even close to being that low

It wasn't a trolling number. It did sell for $1500. The seller honored the order of the responses at his asking price. I wouldn't consider looking for a few weeks a solid baseline for establishing a fair market price. If you want something right away, you are going to pay more for it.

With some patience (not a few weeks) you will find that machine you are looking for at a price you are willing to pay. Of course the one time you are able to buy it, is the one week you didn't have cash on hand....LOL.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It wasn't a trolling number. It did sell for $1500. The seller honored the order of the responses at his asking price.

Quoted from seshpilot:

Pretty sure he doesn't. I called and the conversation went like:
Him: "I don't do texts so I can't send pictures and I already got an offer for $2500 so..."
Me: "Well, is it still for sale or not?"
Him: "It is but like I said I've got an offer of $2500"
Me: "You should take it then"
Him: "Yeah I don't want to be that guy though...I mean I posted it for $1500"
Me: "So is it for sale or not?"
Him: "I'll let you know if the other guy passes"

GLWS Hilton

Based on experience I know which person I will believe. Pretty sure Kevin or Dean or Gene (Seriously what is his real name? He has so many fake ones i have never figured it out) was trolling for the fun of it. That said, I would not put it past him to actually sell the game for $1500 after seeing the online response and wanting to try and prove a point, LOL. If that is the case then congrats to whomever got the deal and scored a great game!

#94 7 years ago

back on topic...

Nice solid TX-Sector here for trade.

I put the value at 2500 and will add cash for the right trade. If someone wants to sell me a Shadow or I500 then I will happily sell the tx outright at that time.

#95 7 years ago

oh yeah> I can bring to VFW show this weekend, but last option to load it up is tonight so would need to work quick on that deal.

#97 7 years ago

thanks

(not sure why someone would thumbs down a bump?)

#98 7 years ago

back from a great weekend at VFW bump!

Picked upa few games but still looking to trade this tx to find an I500 or TS.

#99 7 years ago

bump

my ISO list on pinside should be up to date now.

#100 7 years ago

TTT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-tx-sector-gottlieb-1988/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.