20170913_082628 (resized).jpg
20170913_082640 (resized).jpg
20170913_082634 (resized).jpg
20170913_082651 (resized).jpg
20170913_044411 (resized).jpg
20170913_044417 (resized).jpg
20170913_044433 (resized).jpg
20170913_044404 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

This is the best. You have to love a spouse that supports your hobby. I too am lucky to have an awesome wife.

I disagree. With the speed that he trades away games, if I was his wife I'd be nervous...

#52 6 years ago

I hope he lasts longer in bed than he keeps pins.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Why? Are you hoping to get lucky!.. lol

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Why? Are you hoping to get lucky!.. lol

Yes

#55 6 years ago

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

don't give my wife any more ammunition than she already has.....................................................................

#57 6 years ago

-- Emily look away, i've got some work to do for a baywatch..................

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I disagree. With the speed that he trades away games, if I was his wife I'd be nervous...

IDK how I missed this one...Hey, I'm a faithful fella. Except to pins. I'll get there, though. I'll get there.

#59 6 years ago

You know, the more I play this game, the more I'm coming to appreciate and love it. One of my offers so far has been a beautiful Drac and cash, but now I'm hesitant to get rid of it at all almost. *slaps self in nuts*

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

You know, the more I play this game, the more I'm coming to appreciate and love it. One of my offers so far has been a beautiful Drac and cash, but now I'm hesitant to get rid of it at all almost. *slaps self in nuts*

That's the spirit! TS is awesome. Maybe set yourself a goal of beating the Final Battle before you move it along.

#61 6 years ago

I 100% realize that this isn't your goal and believe that you are always fair on the trades, but some twisted part of my mind wants to find out a year or two from now that this was all some twisted plot to start with a blown-out WCS worth maybe $1500 (I have no idea what pin you really started with) and keep trading til you end up with a BBB someday. Maybe even a bet between two buddies!!

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I 100% realize that this isn't your goal and believe that you are always fair on the trades, but some twisted part of my mind wants to find out a year or two from now that this was all some twisted plot to start with a blown-out WCS worth maybe $1500 (I have no idea what pin you really started with) and keep trading til you end up with a BBB someday. Maybe even a bet between two buddies!!

Lol, naw. I started with a NIB Game of Thrones.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's the spirit! TS is awesome. Maybe set yourself a goal of beating the Final Battle before you move it along.

That could be several years lol. The payoff is so awesome though!

Wasp have you even made the final battle? Have you unlocked the secret laugh mode? Scored a super jackpot? I would at least check these off before you move on.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

That could be several years lol. The payoff is so awesome though!
Wasp have you even made the final battle? Have you unlocked the secret laugh mode? Scored a super jackpot? I would at least check these off before you move on.

Final Battle no, Laugh Mode yes and Super Jackpot yes.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Final Battle no, Laugh Mode yes and Super Jackpot yes.

Final battle is a lot of fun. Maybe work on a triple jackpot? I don't think I've ever done that in my 2 years owning the game.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Final battle is a lot of fun. Maybe work on a triple jackpot? I don't think I've ever done that in my 2 years owning the game.

Highest I got was double super.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

But in all honesty it takes two people to trade whether it's fair or not. You can't make someone trade. Sometimes it doesn't matter what the "pinside market value" says a pin is worth it in the eye of the beholder. I mean Ive traded the wrong way on several pins just cause I wanted them. As long as both parties are happy who cares right. I'm not saying you're trying to be the market police or anything but it seems like this guy gets a hard time for just wanting to trade.

If your goal is to trade wcs for bbb then have at it lol. That's a lot of dedication to the trading game

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Highest I got was double super.

It's tough!

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

But in all honesty it takes two people to trade whether it's fair or not. You can't make someone trade. Sometimes it doesn't matter what the "pinside market value" says a pin is worth it in the eye of the beholder. I mean Ive traded the wrong way on several pins just cause I wanted them. As long as both parties are happy who cares right. I'm not saying you're trying to be the market police or anything but it seems like this guy gets a hard time for just wanting to trade.
If your goal is to trade wcs for bbb then have at it lol. That's a lot of dedication to the trading game

Naw, that's certainly not my goal.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

It's tough!

Naw, that's certainly not my goal.

It didn't bother me if it was but I honestly didn't think so n

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Is this your way of saying he should keep the game for a couple more years before trading

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is this your way of saying he should keep the game for a couple more years before trading

Or it's me saying I'm a shit player

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

haha, nope!

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Or it's me saying I'm a shit player

I think I'm the worst. You've never seen me play, boy-o...let's have a Bad-off.

#73 6 years ago

Maybe you missed the part in my post about my "twisted mind" and that I "100% realize" he's not doing this. Thought my devious plot story was a bit funny, but humor is a fickle thing for sure. But, hey... I don't mind being funny in my own mind.

As for giving him a hard time, I can assure you that I'm not and I get as much joy watching his story as he does playing I think. Even tried to figure out a way to get my brother who lives an hour away from him to trade his Baywatch... but not happening.

One of my favorite Pinsiders already, and we've never met.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Maybe you missed the part in my post about my "twisted mind" and that I "100% realize" he's not doing this. Thought my devious plot story was a bit funny, but humor is a fickle thing for sure. But, hey... I don't mind being funny in my own mind.
As for giving him a hard time, I can assure you that I'm not and I get as much joy watching his story as he does playing I think. Even tried to figure out a way to get my brother who lives an hour away from him to trade his Baywatch... but not happening.
One of my favorite Pinsiders already, and we've never met.

I honestly was just using your post as a jumping off point to proclaim that it doesn't matter why people trade the games they trade as long as both parties are happy. I took no offense to your original post and I under stood the humor. I actually had this picture of wasp as Mr. Burns sitting in a plush office chair tapping his fingers together and saying "excellent" as I read it lol. I was simply just stating that it is crazy that people around here get so tore up over why people do one thing or another. I wasn't meaning that you in particular were giving him a hard time, because you were obviously doing it in jest, but it seems like a lot of people do. I have come to enjoy my daily following if the trades lol. When I read that last sentence over in my head I realize just how lame My life has become lol

IMG_2350 (resized).PNGIMG_2350 (resized).PNG

#75 6 years ago

I honestly was just using your post as a jumping off point to proclaim that it doesn't matter why people trade the games they trade as long as both parties are happy. I took no offense to your original post and I under stood the humor. I actually had this picture of wasp as Mr. Burns sitting in a plush office chair tapping his fingers together and saying "excellent" as I read it lol. I was simply just stating that it is crazy that people around here get so tore up over why people do one thing or another. I wasn't meaning that you in particular were giving him a hard time, because you were obviously doing it in jest, but it seems like a lot of people do. I have come to enjoy my daily following if the trades lol. When I read that last sentence over in my head I realize just how lame My life has become lol

*rubs hands together like the bug from family guy*

....gooood.......goood..........

#76 6 years ago

My preferences seem to be changing..now I'm starting to desire a Stargate, Congo, and TNG. heaven help me. I'll never be satisfied.

#77 6 years ago

DUH! It's a disease.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

DUH! It's a disease.

I'm too poor for this shit. ha

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I've had my Shadow since June and it's still not growing on me. What am I missing? Maybe I need to make some more adjustments to it. I know this: BSD is my favorite game and I'll never get rid of that one.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I've had my Shadow since June and it's still not growing on me. What am I missing? Maybe I need to make some more adjustments to it. I know this: BSD is my favorite game and I'll never get rid of that one.

I had a hard time getting into Shadow for a while after getting mine. Gameplay can be frustrating. I eventually tweaked the settings to make modes a little easier and more ball saves. That helped make the game more enjoyable. I also stopped trying to play so seriously and just try to have fun playing out modes. Sometimes I just enjoy playing vengeance mode even though chances of drains are high on missed ramp shots. I enjoy it a lot more now. Really feels good to complete anything or get a good score. I got a triple jackpot a few nights ago and that made my day.

#81 6 years ago

OP what can really hinder this approach for selling fast it's your lack of driving. Really could restrict locking in deals. You might need a beater just to move pins!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

... I'll never be satisfied.

Pretty sure this is breaking news to all of us!!

But then again, I'm pretty much in the same boat. 5 pins in the basement... 1 in the garage and no room for others. Wife says I should stop now and I'm telling her that's like telling a fish to stop swimming. I've already got a deal for another grail pin (ok, I'm probably abusing that term since I seem to have like 3 grail pins at the moment... pretty sure that's not what grail means). Won't be picking it up til October around Expo, so any advice of which of the 5 I move out would be great. To save looking at the collection, current lineup is TSPP, LOTR, IJ, MMR, and TWD.

Oh yeah, when I got rid of my last pin (FT), I didn't mind selling it to make space because it was a fairly well routed pin and knew I could always get it again if I wanted. But the 5 I have now with exception of IJ are all in excellent shape and I don't want to ever let them go. Thus the dilemma, because IJ will never go either.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had a hard time getting into Shadow for a while after getting mine. Gameplay can be frustrating. I eventually tweaked the settings to make modes a little easier and more ball saves. That helped make the game more enjoyable. I also stopped trying to play so seriously and just try to have fun playing out modes. Sometimes I just enjoy playing vengeance mode even though chances of drains are high on missed ramp shots. I enjoy it a lot more now. Really feels good to complete anything or get a good score. I got a triple jackpot a few nights ago and that made my day.

I do think the ramps on TS do take a bit of getting used to. They are not buttery smooth like BSD, I guess if I'm honest they are a little bit clunky. It's a bit of a trade off for the ability to manipulate the direction. I think TS appealed to me right away because it has lot of toys that manipulate the ball in interesting ways. I think I'd probably sell my BSD before my TS; but as of right now both are bolted to the floor. Good luck with the sale/trade to the OP.

#84 6 years ago

The ramps on the shadow are super awesome. I love the hell out of that game.

#85 6 years ago

Shadow is easily a top 10 game.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've already got a deal for another grail pin (ok, I'm probably abusing that term since I seem to have like 3 grail pins at the moment... pretty sure that's not what grail means).

Weve Already Got One (resized).jpgWeve Already Got One (resized).jpg

I hope you've been choosing wisely ...

Holy Grail (resized).jpgHoly Grail (resized).jpg

#87 6 years ago

All pins are grail pins to me at this point.

#88 6 years ago

@fosaisu, i can't upvote that enough. Love that movie!!

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Shadow is easily a top 10 game.

I would say more like a top 31 game. Just saying

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

All pins are grail pins to me at this point.

For the week anyway...

#91 6 years ago

Grail pins, keeper pins, ect. They do not exist. They are just a figment of everyone's imagination. Most people addicted to pinball have to be in the hobby for 10+ years to realize this.

#92 6 years ago

I would say more like a top 31 game. Just saying

Is Whirlwind just a top 33 pin for you? Just asking?

#93 6 years ago

I for one hope you get to that grail pin, although at this point I forget what it is. Keep the faith brother.

#94 6 years ago

Have you had lots of hobbies as well? It seems you'll burn yourself out at this pace. I rotate pins often, but they usually last at least a month or two. I've owned multiple titles more then once and some three times times because I moved em out too quick and decided I missed them.

Its a lot of work selling, acquiring, moving, setting up etc (as you know) and just think it's a matter of time till you burn out and move on to something else.

I have a ridiculously short attention span, so i usually get bored with games that have real deep rule sets or long ball times. It looks like you have a few SS on your list, which is good IMO. It took me a couple years to appreciate their simplicity. I'd recommend adding a nice copy of Flash Gordon to your wishlist.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I for one hope you get to that grail pin, although at this point I forget what it is. Keep the faith brother.

Haha, thanks. My actual grail pins atm are just Data East/Sega titles such as Baywatch, TFTC, Batman Forever, ID4.....it's odd.

Quoted from Toasterdog:

Have you had lots of hobbies as well? It seems you'll burn yourself out at this pace. I rotate pins often, but they usually last at least a month or two. I've owned multiple titles more then once and some three times times because I moved em out too quick and decided I missed them.
Its a lot of work selling, acquiring, moving, setting up etc (as you know) and just think it's a matter of time till you burn out and move on to something else.
I have a ridiculously short attention span, so i usually get bored with games that have real deep rule sets or long ball times. It looks like you have a few SS on your list, which is good IMO. It took me a couple years to appreciate their simplicity. I'd recommend adding a nice copy of Flash Gordon to your wishlist.

I don't really have any hobbies other than this except streaming and general video gaming. I'm like you though, my attention span is quite short, but i'm opposite in the way that I enjoy long ball times and deep rules(at least if those rules aren't all multipliers and math).

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Is Whirlwind just a top 33 pin for you? Just asking?

Lol. Touché. Whirlwind is a top 10 game to me but let's be honest according to the consensus it's a top 33 game yes. The post said shadow is easily a top 10 game. If it said "shadow is easily a top 10 game to me" then your comparison would hold weight. But.... that post didn't say that so... to the consensus shadow is a top 31 game. Just saying. I can't just run around saying the whirlwind is "easily" the greatest game of all time simply because it is my favorite. If it were "easily" the greatest game of all time then it wouldn't be ranked 33 and if shadow were "easily" a top 10 game then it wouldn't be ranked 31. Pretty sure that's the reason there is a ranking of games in the first place.

#97 6 years ago

Dear Op,

You sound like a great guy and we are all in this hobby for different reasons. You May just enjoy the thrill of the deal. Some love the thrill of the hunt, some love uncovering every secret a game has, some love to look at their hi end pins, some like to mod pins, some like to restore and some just like to drink beer and play pinball. I have been at this about 20 years now and I can say, l have been all of the above at one time or another. Who cares really why others do what they do in the hobby. Just have fun. Trade them as fast as you want. As some one said earlier it takes two to make a trade and I am sure it will work out well for both parties.
Funny, TS is the first game I bought twenty years ago and I still own it. It has extremely light magnet burn and I tried to clean it several times before, I realized what it was.. I am fortunate to have a good size collection and fall in and out of love with all my pins over and over. TS just went thru that cycle again and I got the super triple jackpot or what ever it was for the first time ever. I got a big smile on my face and popped another brew in celebration.

Enjoy the game while you have it and Trade on!!!!

#98 6 years ago

This thread is fun. You're avatar is awesome. You're a great guy. GLWTS Prison Mike

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Dear Op,
You sound like a great guy and we are all in this hobby for different reasons. You May just enjoy the thrill of the deal. Some love the thrill of the hunt, some love uncovering every secret a game has, some love to look at their hi end pins, some like to mod pins, some like to restore and some just like to drink beer and play pinball. I have been at this about 20 years now and I can say, l have been all of the above at one time or another. Who cares really why others do what they do in the hobby. Just have fun. Trade them as fast as you want. As some one said earlier it takes two to make a trade and I am sure it will work out well for both parties.
Funny, TS is the first game I bought twenty years ago and I still own it. It has extremely light magnet burn and I tried to clean it several times before, I realized what it was.. I am fortunate to have a good size collection and fall in and out of love with all my pins over and over. TS just went thru that cycle again and I got the super triple jackpot or what ever it was for the first time ever. I got a big smile on my face and popped another brew in celebration.
Enjoy the game while you have it and Trade on!!!!

Quoted from ZMeny:

This thread is fun. You're avatar is awesome. You're a great guy. GLWTS Prison Mike

Thank you, gentlemen! <3 I'm actually considering removing this FS thread, I haven't decided yet. The game is just freakin' good. I actually prefer it to JP now, which I didn't expect happening.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thank you, gentlemen! <3 I'm actually considering removing this FS thread, I haven't decided yet. The game is just freakin' good. I actually prefer it to JP now, which I didn't expect happening.

Great to here, perhaps you can appreciate the below...

The thing I like about Shadow is that there are many ways to score points, both on the way to the final battle (wizard mode) and just in normal gameplay (orbits, shadow loops, vengeance, super vengeance, battle for Kahn, Mongols, up to 7x combos, a secret laugh mode), the multiballs (if well played) can bring in big points, especially if you are able to lock the ball for double/triple jackpots, and hit the super jackpot for 100MM (then x2 or x3); there are four different multiballs in this pin.

The game is very well thought out, with many nuances, like additional points for hitting all the targets when defeating Khan, or following a Shadow loop from an orbit. There are many ways to play this table to get lots of points, and one doesn't dominate. Someone achieving final battle, can be beaten by someone dominating the vengeance mode (hitting rings and points, and this person can be beaten by someone playing shadow loops, and this person can be beaten by someone ELSE who kicks ass at final battle (it's a paper scissors rock loop). The game is very balanced and has that "one more game" factor.

In terms gameplay and design...the game boasts some of the best audio in pinball, a stylish, classy art deco design, 5 ball multiball if you can get to wizard mode, gold wireforms, ramps that you can control what flipper they arrive to making the game more interactive, a third flipper with 3-4 possible shots (always a plus in my book), a breakout style mini playfield (IMO even better than TZ's) and one of the coolest lock tricks around. The downside would be the backglass (but there is an alternate translite option). This is Brian Eddy at his best, making old school pinball, without having a central toy dominate the rule set (i.e. AFM and MM - both amazing games too).

It really is a pin of beauty...

IMG_4199 (resized).JPGIMG_4199 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-the-shadow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.