Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6205 (resized).JPG
IMG_6204 (resized).JPG
IMG_6203 (resized).JPG
IMG_6201 (resized).JPG
IMG_6200 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For Sale: The Hobbit Smaug Gold SE

Added: 2017-02-26 21:33:45 UTC • Ended: April 2nd, 2017
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,250 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

I am looking to trade my The Hobbit Smaug Gold SE pinball for an MMR LE or sell outright. My machine has cliffy protectors, sling and inlane plastic protectors, playfield protector, clear flipper button cabinet protectors, and super band flipper rubbers. It is like new, has the latest hardware and code updates. I will also consider trades + cash for other titles (especially MMR and LOTR). The price is $7250 firm.

Item photos

IMG_6200 (resized).JPG
IMG_6201 (resized).JPG
IMG_6203 (resized).JPG
IMG_6204 (resized).JPG
IMG_6205 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are yonizzell's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to yonizzell's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gettysburg, PA, US

#2 7 years ago

Yup with that knight in the corner you definitely need an MM!

#3 7 years ago

Just picked up a restored mm fri.... what a amazing pin especially with the great mods that are on it.... good luck

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just picked up a restored mm fri.... what a amazing pin especially with the great mods that are on it.... good luck

Thanks. Hobbit is great and there are more code updates coming to make it even better- it's just that games tend to be long. I discovered that I'm more into games like BSD where a good game only lasts 10 or 15 minutes.

1 week later
#6 7 years ago

Bump- this is a great game!

#7 7 years ago

Price drop bump!

#8 7 years ago

Can't believe no one wants an upgraded Hobbit Smaug Gold at a super nice price!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Can't believe no one wants an upgraded Hobbit Smaug Gold at a super nice price!

Give the code time to mature and this will be a classic. This is a good price too.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Give the code time to mature and this will be a classic. This is a good price too.

Agree 100 %

#11 7 years ago

I thought jack said code was done for hobbit? At pinball expo this past year

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I thought jack said code was done for hobbit? At pinball expo this past year

No, code isn't done yet. I just downloaded version 1.95P which is a test version only released to people on the JJP Google group.

#13 7 years ago

Not even close. Pretty sure wizard has had lots of updates over there years. I would assume as much for the Hobbit

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

No, code isn't done yet. I just downloaded version 1.95P which is a test version only released to people on the JJP Google group.

Ohh my bad but Jack did say at expo that code was done; I'm glad to here it's not thread bump for a great game at a great price for you brother

#15 7 years ago

Can't believe this hasn't sold yet

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Ohh my bad but Jack did say at expo that code was done; I'm glad to here it's not thread bump for a great game at a great price for you brother

I appreciate it. If it doesn't sell soon, I'm probably just going to try to learn the rules better and hopefully it will grow on me.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Maybe he meant done enough for production.

#19 7 years ago

Price drop bump. If it doesn't sell at this price I'm just going to keep it!

#20 6 years ago

Last price drop. You won't find a better deal anywhere. If it doesn't sell at this price I'm just going to keep it!

#21 6 years ago

Keep it. Learn the rules. Funny side note- I also have a Cyclone and a third game which features a haunted house.

#22 6 years ago

I would definitely buy it but if there are problems this machine is not easy to repair like the woz. The warranty only applies to the original buyer. You should just keep it and enjoy it.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

I would definitely buy it but if there are problems this machine is not easy to repair like the woz. The warranty only applies to the original buyer. You should just keep it and enjoy it.

I would stand in for the buyer until the warranty expires (any parts returns could go through me with buyer only paying shipping). I haven't experienced any real problems with the machine- of course I haven't played all that much either!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Huh? I'm in market...why hard to repair, is that unique warranty treatment? TIA

#25 6 years ago

They aren't any harder to repair than any other game. Woz is much more complicated and no light boards to worry about. This is now the best deal I've ever seen on a smaug. Fantastic game, kids love it!

#26 6 years ago

This is just my experience with the woz. The thing broke down often because of monitor and board issues. Fortunately it was under warranty but it said in fine print warranty applies to original buyer. I am assuming this applies to all jj pinball machines. The person selling it should look at the paper work and see if the wording is the same for this game.

#27 6 years ago

How many months are left in the warranty?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

How many months are left in the warranty?

If I remember correctly I got it at the end of September of last year- so probably about six months left.

#29 6 years ago

I never heard about Jack not helping someone because they were not the original owner….

#30 6 years ago

Awesome game. I miss mine.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Do you even own a Hobbit? What are you specifically talking about? Bunch of baloney.

#32 6 years ago

Warranty does not apply to second owner.

Best they will do is provide parts at discounted rates and provide free tech support.

#33 6 years ago

Both my woz and hobbit have had zero issues, and played almost daily for over a year. This is the best smaug deal I've seen. To bad OP you couldn't get into the game more. One man's loss is another's victory. Glws.

#34 6 years ago

This is a great deal on a Smaug. Wish I had the cash to purchase. I have had a WoZ since January and no issues other than I needed a Cliffy. Bought the WoZ in January and an AC/DC this month.. no funds left.. I offered a guy down here $7500 for a NIB Smaug with no warranty and he wouldn't take it. Wanted $9k and I wouldn't pay that for no warranty machine even if NIB.

#35 6 years ago

Dang. Good deal in the Eastern US again.... Bring them guys west!

#36 6 years ago

You guys are way off. Jack has stood by any game I have of his and it didn't matter where I bought it or if I was the fourth owner. Jjp is great about standing behind their games.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I never heard about Jack not helping someone because they were not the original owner….

Yup, Jack helped me out with some replacement parts on my Hobbit and I'm not the original owner.

#38 6 years ago

Man local and good price.... if i didnt have a dile coming soon id grab it. Still may lol

#39 6 years ago

I bought my Hobbit NIB second hand and was told when I called for warranty support that it wasn't covered because I was the second owner. That said, they did send me the replacement part that I needed(I paid shipping). I was told that because it was a small part they were willing to help out but if it was something expensive (they used a board as an example specifically) then I would be out of luck and would have to pay for parts.

I was the first owner to register the game.

#40 6 years ago

Priced to sell. GLWS OP.

Quoted from Buschjs:

I bought my Hobbit NIB second hand and was told when I called for warranty support that it wasn't covered because I was the second owner. That said, they did send me the replacement part that I needed(I paid shipping). I was told that because it was a small part they were willing to help out but if it was something expensive (they used a board as an example specifically) then I would be out of luck and would have to pay for parts.
I was the first owner to register the game.

FWIW, you're not alone, as I remember a similar example.

Quoted from stpcore:

Well before I could attempt to check for that servo connector Smaug started smoking in test mode (body rotation test). Called JJP support and was offered a discounted exchange for a new replacement Smaug (I am the second owner so 1 year warranty no longer applies to me). I appreciate that they were willing to work with me and not charge me full price. I do have to send my malfunctioning Smaug in once I receive the replacement.

Quoted from stpcore:

I'm getting an entirely new/complete Smaug unit. I'm being charged an "exchange fee" plus tax and shipping as I have to send my old one back. It comes to almost $200. Better than full price though. I wish it was covered under the 1 year warranty as my build date is March 2016. I realize now that the warranty is for the original owner only. I'm just grateful JJP didn't charge me the full $500 for a new Smaug.

#41 6 years ago

Wow. Someone please buy this. If it was a month ago I would have bought it easily at 7600. I just bought an le hobbit so I can't. Such a fun and beautiful pin. Only going to get better with new code. Glws

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

You guys are way off. Jack has stood by any game I have of his and it didn't matter where I bought it or if I was the fourth owner. Jjp is great about standing behind their games.

Then they are arbitrarily applying the policy, which isn't cool. The "A" target stopped working, needed a new board, JJP would not warranty it. $50 picked up.

For small parts, however, they seem to be more flexible. I needed a spring and pin for one of the beast targets, they sent that free.

#43 6 years ago

This price is only good until the end of this weekend. I've received a ton of emails but no one has shown up with cash, and others are asking for delivery (I'm practically giving the game away at this price- no deliveries!). After this weekend price goes back up to $7500 and I will stay firm at that price until it sells.

#44 6 years ago

Gl good price if I didnt just buy a woz i would be all over this

#45 6 years ago

Pinball executives have decided to start selling a product that was 4K a few short years ago for 8K. Just because the hobby fell for it, it doesn't mean that the games are actually worth 8K. (I guess that we're all just frogs in boiling water.) But I suppose it's hard to know that until you try to sell it.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Pinball executives have decided to start selling a product that was 4K a few short years ago for 8K. Just because the hobby fell for it, it doesn't mean that the games are actually worth 8K. (I guess that we're all just frogs in boiling water.) But I suppose it's hard to know that until you try to sell it.

You try running a business selling an obsolete gaming device made for obsolete coin-op entertainment centers and sell your games for $4k. You'll be a hero! Looking forward to your first title.

#47 6 years ago

This is an amazing price!! I own this game and really enjoy it! Bump this bad boy until it sells!

#48 6 years ago

I wish I could find one at this price that's closer to me.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-the-hobbit-smaug-gold-se-for-mmrle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.