20171105_162951 (resized).jpg
20171105_163016 (resized).jpg
20171105_163004 (resized).jpg
20171105_162959 (resized).jpg
20171105_162955 (resized).jpg
20171105_162948 (resized).jpg
20171105_162944 (resized).jpg
20171105_162936 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For Sale: Robo-War

Added: 2017-11-06 01:10:10 UTC • Ended: December 26th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 2,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

Now for sale. I've had it for a couple years. This game looks decent and plays well. Translite is a little yellow when backlit. It is fully LED'd.

Item photos

20171105_162936 (resized).jpg
20171105_162944 (resized).jpg
20171105_162948 (resized).jpg
20171105_162955 (resized).jpg
20171105_162959 (resized).jpg
20171105_163004 (resized).jpg
20171105_163016 (resized).jpg
20171105_162951 (resized).jpg
20171105_163021 (resized).jpg
20171105_163019 (resized).jpg
20171105_163024 (resized).jpg
20171105_162226 (resized).jpg
20171105_162231 (resized).jpg
20171105_162246 (resized).jpg
20171105_162335 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are herbertbsharp's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

herbertbsharp has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to herbertbsharp's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Ballston Spa, NY, US

#2 6 years ago

As an owner of both, I personally feel like Robowar is the stronger game by quite a bit but I wish you the best with your trade! Robo War rocks!

#3 6 years ago

Herb is top notch. Trade in confidence.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

As an owner of both, I personally feel like Robowar is the stronger game by quite a bit but I wish you the best with your trade! Robo War rocks!

both are fun, but TX wins for me.

#5 6 years ago

I also had both. Robo was my favorite. Wouldn't mind having it back some day.

#6 6 years ago

I love the game sounds and music on this machine so much. If this ever pops up locally, I'm all over it.

#7 6 years ago

Wish you were closer to me!

#8 6 years ago

Someday I'm gonna have another one of these (preferably restored) and mount actual frickin lasers(pointers) around the playfield.

Great game. Good luck with the trade/sale! I currently have a TX but haven't had it long enough to let it go and can't say which is better but I lean towards Robo-War.

#10 6 years ago

Gonna be honest that if you really want to trade for a TX, you will probably ned to offer a bit of cash to help bait for one/ chum the water.

Reality is that Tx sells for more than Robo. Not by much, but enough that anyone willing to think about letting a TX go will want some incentive

I still vote to keep the Robo AND find a TX. After that, go get an Excalibur

#11 6 years ago

Robo/TX/Excalibur would be the 80b holy grail trifecta. I'd love to have that.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gonna be honest that if you really want to trade for a TX, you will probably ned to offer a bit of cash to help bait for one/ chum the water.
Reality is that Tx sells for more than Robo. Not by much, but enough that anyone willing to think about letting a TX go will want some incentive
I still vote to keep the Robo AND find a TX. After that, go get an Excalibur

I'm willing to throw a little on top, it doesn't have to be straight even trade

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Robo/TX/Excalibur would be the 80b holy grail trifecta. I'd love to have that.

It is amazing! I own all 3 and will eventually have them all set up together some day

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is amazing! I own all 3 and will eventually have them all set up together some day

Now get an arena!

I should really get off my new game kick and get a Stargate + 80b games. Maybe some cheapo sys11s too.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Now get an arena!

I gotta tell you I liked the art & sounds on Arena, but I had to let it go. I would have kept it if the ramp shot didn't feed the plunger for the skill shot thing. That totally killed the game for me.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I would have kept it if the ramp shot didn't feed the plunger for the skill shot thing.

Gottlieb must've been really proud of that skillshot. But I agree. It was cool, but not *that* cool.

#17 6 years ago

Imagine a room filled with Arena, Genesis, Victory, Robo, TX, Excalibur.

You'd never need another game. All bases are covered.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is amazing! I own all 3

I was so close

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Imagine a room filled with Arena, Genesis, Victory, Robo, TX, Excalibur.
You'd never need another game. All bases are covered.

those are some great titles. I agree with others that Arena does nto have the lasting power. I played a very nice example and it did not have the same fun factor I look for in 80B titles.

#20 6 years ago

I have a Robowar, Excalibur and I’m on my second TX. Had a victory and Bone Busters and replaced those with ice fever and spring break.

Victory was ok for awhile, just got boring and BB was missing the topper so I let it go.

Big hockey fan so ice fever stays and spring break is surprisingly fun once you take it off the multiball start.

Excalibur is my favorite of the bunch.

I’d keep Robowar and look for a Tx as said above, tough to find once gone.

#21 6 years ago

I would love robo or tx... For the sounds alone. the gamplay is the icing on the cake

good luck

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

both are fun, but TX wins for me.

I literally can't make up my mind ... just when I think Robowar "wins", TX-Sector retakes the lead .

They're both outstanding games ... simple yet addictive with a kick ass soundtrack .

#24 6 years ago

Would consider adding cash for a Spike gen Stern

#25 6 years ago

Or would also trade for multiple decent arcade games, MK2, SF2, NBA Jam, Donkey Kong Etc...

1 week later
#26 6 years ago

Bump! No trades came through, now for sale!

#27 6 years ago

I really like the sound package on this game for some reason.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's probably because it is awesome!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Agreed. Typically simple Gottlieb rule set on this one. However, sounds combined with great music make this game.

#30 6 years ago

If Gottlieb got anything at all right in their games, it was the sound. At least unless you never wanted to hear about pyramids and how you should be shooting them.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Did you know that the soundtrack of Robo-War is based off of the orchestral suite called "The Planets" by Gustav Holst written in 1914. Specifically, it's based on the "Mars, the Bringer of War" movement.

You can really hear the semblance of the pinball soundtrack around the 4 minute mark:

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Did you know that the soundtrack of Robo-War is based off of the orchestral suite called "The Planets" by Gustav Holst written in 1914. Specifically, it's based on the "Mars, the Bringer of War" movement.
You can really hear the semblance of the pinball soundtrack around the 4 minute mark:
» YouTube video

Pretty Cool!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Who did the soundtrack for Robo-War? It's not credited in IPDB.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I asked Trudeau about this before...well...

He said it was the same guy that did all the soundtracks from the 80s onward. According to him, there was only ever 1 guy that did sound design at Gottlieb during this later years.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

According to him, there was only ever 1 guy that did sound design at Gottlieb during this later years.

He must’ve been a little lacking in creativity, since the soundtrack to Bad Girls is just Michael Jackson’s “Another Part of Me” changed just enough to avoid a lawsuit.

#42 6 years ago

Will also consider trades for a Mario Cart arcade driver

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-robo-war?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.