FP-Translite (resized).jpg
FP-playfield-closeup (resized).jpg
FP-playfield (resized).jpg
FP-right (resized).jpg
FP-litup (resized).jpg
FP-Inside (resized).jpg
FP-left (resized).jpg
FP-Full (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For trade: Restored Firepower

Added: 2019-02-17 05:49:25 UTC • Ended: June 10th, 2019
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 2,400

This is a beautiful Firepower that was *fully restored with a complete top and bottom teardown. Playfield was restored and has a PETG playfield protector. Cabinet is restored with new artwork. Everything works properly and it has many upgrades including low-voltage Rottendog LED displays, lit saucers, lit flipper buttons, new legs, new glass, LEDs, upgraded amplifier, 3-speaker audio system, 8-inch subwoofer, fused rectifiers, off-boarded batteries, new target decals.

*one exception: I never did pick up a new translite for it. The original one has substantial cracking, but has been sealed.

Upper saucer shot is very makeable on this example. It was a bit too challenging when I got it, but I slightly changed the back wall geometry so a good rolling hit from the right flipper won't be denied.

I love me some 80's space sounds and I spent a lot of effort on the audio system. You probably haven't heard effects this good on a Firepower unless you played Graywolf's at GSPF.

I'm mostly interested in another 80's space-theme in good condition like Pin*Bot, Space Shuttle, or Space Station but am open to ideas.

I might also do a 2-for-1 if you have a classic A-title or something special: my restored FP and mint RBION (see ad below) for your ?

Item photos

FP-Full (resized).jpg
FP-left (resized).jpg
FP-right (resized).jpg
FP-playfield (resized).jpg
FP-playfield-closeup (resized).jpg
FP-litup (resized).jpg
FP-Inside (resized).jpg
FP-Translite (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are HighVoltage's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to HighVoltage's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Edmonds, WA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 5 years ago

WOW! Super nice Firepower.

GLWS

MM

OUT

#3 5 years ago

I love the shout out to Graywolfs machine. His topper for FP is amazing.
I am looking forward to playing it very soon at GSPF.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I slightly changed the back wall geometry so a good rolling hit from the right flipper won't be denied.

Nice machine. I'm really curious about what you adjusted on that wall. Only rarely can I make that upper lock.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

I love the shout out to Graywolfs machine. His topper for FP is amazing.
I am looking forward to playing it very soon at GSPF.

Yes, memorable machine, and seeing it at GSPF inspired me to do more with mine: especially the audio upgrades.

He definitely took it over-the-top with that topper. I'm not a topper guy, but I have a few more ideas for mine if I end up keeping it.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Nice machine. I'm really curious about what you adjusted on that wall. Only rarely can I make that upper lock.

I removed the rear rail and tapered it with my belt sander so it's slightly thinner as it approaches the hole. Not sure if this is the general problem, but on mine, it seemed that back guide was interrupting all the upward momentum and the slight angle I added allowed the ball to keep just a little more upward momentum. I also put the smallest available rubber on the post at that saucer. It's not much, but the extra angle and space makes all the difference.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I removed the rear rail and tapered it with my belt sander...

Very interesting. I may have to try it. Thanks for your rely and GLWS!

#8 5 years ago

Do not sand or alter the ball guide! Firepower is one of the smoothest playing pins of all time in stock form...including the upper ball lock. To those that are having trouble with the ball making the upper lock...first thing...what is your playfield angle set to?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Do not sand or alter the ball guide! Firepower is one of the smoothest playing pins of all time in stock form...

It wasn't the ball guide I modified, it was the rail behind it. You didn't play this one: I definitely improved it!

I've played quite a few Firepowers and there's definitely variability on that upper saucer shot, and it doesn't have to do with playfield angle.

#10 5 years ago

There are other factors that may possibly be involved, but playfield angle is crucial on Firepower and causes the majority of the issues I have seen with the ball making the upper lock. Many people set these early SS pins up too steep. When this is done on Firepower with its unique upper ball lock, it makes that shot near impossible, even with everything else set up properly. When the playfield angle is too steep you are basically asking the ball to defy gravity and hug the ball guide for a very long distance without rolling downhill. That is why the small post rubber you installed helped. It allowed the ball to travel further from the ball guide and still enter the saucer. On a properly set up Firepower you should be able to make that shot after cradling the ball with the right flipper. There are some other less important factors that I can discuss if you are interested. I just didn’t want other people doing this modification when it is not necessary...GLWS!

#11 5 years ago

My game is about 6.5 ish and I know that's higher than it should be but I like the way it plays that way. Well, except for the top lock. What else could be done to adjust that shot at a steeper angle? I already rebuilt the flippers per vids guide. I don't mean to derail your FS thread OP but hey, your getting free bumps!

#12 5 years ago

BriPin PM me and I’ll help you get your Firepower playing correctly without making any modifications.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-restored-firepower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.