(Topic ID: 150341)

For Trade: Metallica (Pro) (Stern, 2013)

By BladeFury

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by forensicd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Thanks NPO but Leep is wrong but it's all good! Setting Leep straight and I'm finished with this waste of time.
Bought machine for $5000
Added:
-LED's throughout the entire machine even flashers are LED that I changed to make it look the way I wanted $100
-LED backboard lighting from pinball decals.com $300
-New MET Snake Mod new plastic with snake tail Sticker $30
- all Cliffys that weren't installed $55
-CLIFF letters on Cross $5
-Mystery Hole Purple LED Flasher $20
-Lighted Cemetery Arch $60
-Magnet Mylar covers...As you can see those Mylar covers don't last long then you have to replace them...o well better than worrying about wear problems! $5
-Purple Flipper bands $5
-Pinball Refinery powder coated purple coin door and shooter assembly. $155
-Custom LE apron powder coated purple with LED lighting and flashers $370
-Custom shooter rod $48
-Custom led shooter assembly light up $60
-Green Start button and matching coin slots $10
-Orange LED flipper buttons $30
-Ride the lighting LED rails, LED's back of play field with color changing LED's for Ride the lighting lighting show $120
-Metallica Grave decals $15
-LED's under cabinet $50
-LED speaker mods $50
-Skeleton in Coffin mod $16
-8way 12volt 5volt splitter block $20
-Custom Metallica speaker detail emblems $35
-PDI glass $360
=$6919 total + I'm sure I missed something -PDI Glass not included $360=$6559
$7000 my original presumed investment -$6559=$441 that doesn't seem to add up to your 2k profit. End of story so I will adjust my value accordingly.....
Now on with the trade..

Sorry, but if the game had leds before you got it they don't magically increase the value because you wanted a change of color. Things you replaced just because you wanted a change in color? Start button? Coin Door buttons? Really? Charging people for flipper rubber because again, you wanted a change of color?

I am seeing a lot of your list that says I customized this game to my liking and expect to get all my money back plus extra because?

End of the day, it is your machine and you can ask what you like. I think the market is going to speak and say that it doesn't agree with your approach.

#52 4 years ago

He has said repeatedly that he is looking for trades...

And who cares what price he is asking? It will or wont sell. Period. I've never seen so much price policing on any website in my life... Do you guys call all the used car salesmen and chime in about what they are asking on everything? Do you drive by someone's home and knock on their door to tell them their house is overpriced?

The only thing people should be posting on a FS thread is "GLWS" or "wish I was closer". Maybe the occasional question to clarify something. No one gives 2 shits about your opinions on price. If you feel compelled, send him a PM.

Just so I am not being a hypocrite here, i will say GLWS to op.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

He has said repeatedly that he is looking for trades...
And who cares what price he is asking? It will or wont sell. Period. I've never seen so much price policing on any website in my life... Do you guys call all the used car salesmen and chime in about what they are asking on everything? Do you drive by someone's home and knock on their door to tell them their house is overpriced?
The only thing people should be posting on a FS thread is "GLWS" or "wish I was closer". Maybe the occasion question to clarify something. No one gives 2 shits about your opinions on price. If you feel compelled, send him a PM.
Just so I am not being a hypocrite here, i will say GLWS to op.

I always felt it was a bit disingenuous when people say "wish I was closer" when they have no interest in buying. I also feel there isn't much much point of having a discussion thread if people can only post "GLWS" or "wish I was closer" and can't be critical of the price, condition, etc. Unlike knocking on a door of a house that is for sale, the seller essentially invites discussion by starting a for sale thread on this forum and I feel this discussion is often of benefit to the community. One can choose if they want to ignore comments or not. That said, this is a beautiful Met Pro and GLWS or in this case "good luck with the trade."

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

The only thing people should be posting on a FS thread is "GLWS" or "wish I was closer".

This bothers me more then price police.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I wish you were closer so we could arm wrestle

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

This bothers me more THAN the grammar police.

I have to agree, people can ask whatever they want for sale or trade value. Who cares? Pretty much everybody here knows they can get a brand new one in box with 0 plays(not 1000) and warranty for around $4700 and go spend $1300 on mods easily enough and you'll have a brand new(not used) nicely modded Met Pro for $6000. Is he a little high for trade value? maybe? I certainly don't think he'd turn down a $5700 cash offer either. There's a whole thread on CL listings if you want overpriced listings to chuckle at.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from helicopter:

This bothers me more THAN the grammar police.
I have to agree, people can ask whatever they want for sale or trade value. Who cares? Pretty much everybody here knows they can get a brand new one in box with 0 plays(not 1000) and warranty for around $4700 and go spend $1300 on mods easily enough and you'll have a brand new(not used) nicely modded Met Pro for $6000. Is he a little high for trade value? maybe? I certainly don't think he'd turn down a $5700 cash offer either. There's a whole thread on CL listings if you want overpriced listings to chuckle at.

More like 2300 plus a NIB met pro to get to his original price He has dropped it, but still think the market is gonna speak up on this.

#58 4 years ago

Ok heard enough...think I'm going to pull it down and just relist it for sale at a much better price, but it won't look completely the same....
Thx

#59 4 years ago

Always fun to watch the progress of a machine I sold. Good luck with the trade!

Scott

#60 4 years ago

Great looking machine! Makes my met pro look like crap!

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside