(Topic ID: 35479)

What does Pinside think Ironman is worth?

By jasonpaulbauer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 11 years ago

IM isn't a straight deal for an ACDC Pro that is still being made, but at the same time *if you are willing to wait* you can get them for a decent price. There was the auction one that was noted recently, and yeah - people weren't there to get it, but then why didn't some flipper bid it up higher and buy it to flip it immediately? If I'm at an auction, and there is a TZ - a game that I have no intention of owning again - and it is selling for $3400, I'll snap it up and sell it for $4500 that same day.

I know of an HUO IM around here that wasn't offered on Pinside, and sold for well south of that $5,000 number recently. There just aren't that many of these out there right now. Give it a year or two and see if they come off route more. There are a decent number of these that went on route, and very few went into homes - the game was *hated* when it was released by home collectors. Times have changed, but it ain't worth those route ops pulling the games that are still making good coin... yet.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

POTC used to be 3400 all day...

I don't ever remember POTC being that cheap. It earned / earns really well, so ops don't want to give them up. You could get them at $3400, but it was few and far between. $3600-3700 is more of an "all day" price, I think.

Regardless, it's a point...

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It's funny how people seem to jump in about IM's being cheap, if that's the case, show me one that's available for that... and not the phantom one that sold quickly because the seller was desperate or didn't know any better (or not an Auction).

If you want *any* machine right now, you have to pay a premium. The people who have games ready to go at that moment are generally people with high prices or vendors with the games waiting to be sold, where you're going to have a higher price than those waiting.

If you are willing to wait, I think you could find an IM within a year for $4300 without it having tons of mods, you just have to be ready to go and get it. I know of at least five of them that sold for that price or less within the last 6 months.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I think those that don't own IM just wish it was $4K, and by stating that's what they think it's worth it might happen.

Funny. I have one. I have some mods. I don't think it's worth $5k.

I'm also not selling it. Unless the stuff really hits the fan.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Doesn't change the fact that there are none for sale at $4K!

And congrats to you for thinking your machine is worth less than Market value! Do you have anything for sale?

There are none for sale at this exact moment for $4k. The last time one of these threads was going on, someone offered one here that had a few mods at $4800, and it went for a week or two.

As for selling stuff, I basically don't sell. I've been offered stupid money for my JP for instance, but once it is a game that I like and it has my story attached to it, I tend to not think money. I think if I was doing it, I could get another IM for under $5k easy. But I wouldn't sell you mine for $10k right now. It's *exactly* what I want it to be, and to me that is always the most important thing.

For the record though, I sold a BSD a year or two ago for $500 though. I thought I overcharged.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

What's "stupid money" for a JP...just curious.

I was offered $3500 for it in 2007 or 2008 (I forget which) when you could easily score nice ones for $1200-$1400ish. Even in "today's market", $3500 for a JP is ridiculous. The guy that wanted it said he wanted an immaculate one and didn't care the cost. He started at $2500 and actually showed me the $3500, and I still turned him down.

I got that game for an absolute song, it's near perfect, and I wanted it so badly that my brother and law in I literally carried it up the stairs and out of the basement of the guy's house without a dolly. It was the game that I first decided that one day I would own when I was young and getting into pinball. I spent a long time with it working out the kinks, and making it play perfectly.

I knew that for $3500, I could get another JP, and probably one or two more great games. But, I knew that I couldn't get a JP that had all those stories behind it, and I'd always kind of miss this one.

I don't regret it one bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-huo-iron-man?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.