(Topic ID: 35479)

What does Pinside think Ironman is worth?

By jasonpaulbauer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Everybody is chirping about the FEW cheap ones that slipped throught the cracks..

Nobody is mentioning the loaded ones that sold for mid to high 5's in the last year.

there have been more of those than the stress sale ones...

#52 11 years ago

and nice realatively stock HUO's have been in the 47-52 range as well and got sold..

#53 11 years ago

IM for $4K? Snag it up quick! I know 4-5 people in Florida that would snap one up and laugh all the way home for that price! Hell, I'd buy a second one and put it in storage if it was low plays/HUO!

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Whatever. Now you're just being ridiculous. At least the owners of the machines have bought one and know what they paid and what money it took to buy one, and second, know what they would sell it for.

Sure, just saying it is pretty easy for some to jump on the band wagon when they own the game!

#55 11 years ago

I would like an IM as well, but buying those HUO can be dangerous depending how careful previous owners have been. The magnets can really tear up the PF and I have seen several HUOs with flipper button wear. Not a fan of lollipop rails especially if they didn't come that way.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Everybody is chirping about the FEW cheap ones that slipped through the cracks..

Nobody is mentioning the loaded ones that sold for mid to high 5's in the last year.

there have been more of those than the stress sale ones...

The ones I am referencing were local pinsiders and they sold through this site even. No slipping through the cracks, they both sold under $5K. I hate the price police as much as the next guy but IM is not a $6K game unless it is completely modded out, chromed, etc. Not saying someone wouldn't pay it cause I believe they might, just my opinion on it.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The ones I am referencing were local pinsiders and they sold through this site even. No slipping through the cracks, they both sold under $5K. I hate the price police as much as the next guy but IM is not a $6K game unless it is completely modded out, chromed, etc. Not saying someone wouldn't pay it cause I believe they might, just my opinion on it.

+1

#58 11 years ago

We could go on and on and on about pricing on a game... Some regions have a higher demand for some games and are opposite for others. I would suspect, based on Bemmett's comment, that this is a regional thing. We all know how shipping can kill a deal!

Talking from experience, when I was looking to replace my IM about a year and a half ago, I couldn't find one in my entire state for 3+ months at any price. With that, some people will make higher offers to the ones they know that have the machine with the hopes of landing one without having to wait longer.

There is a chance that one could pop up from a seller that needs to move it fast when no one is looking to buy in the area, so lower pricing would prevail.

I could speculate at what I would possibly sell you my pimped out IM for, but it would be half-hearted as I just don't see it leaving my collection...ever.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Talking from experience, when I was looking to replace my IM about a year and a half ago, I couldn't find one in my entire state for 3+ months at any price.

This right here. Pinball isn't a commodity, and the volume isn't great enough to dictate a standardized market price. IM is a rare enough that someone who has been waiting on one and missed a couple chances may jump at a $6k machine. At the same time, some dude who just knocked up his old lady may be willing to dump IM at $3k just so he can get money for diapers and stretch mark creme. This is what always amazed me about price policing. Everyone is wrong, no one is happy, and in the end the discussion resolves into ridiculous babble like this post right here.

-Wes

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

and nice realatively stock HUO's have been in the 47-52 range as well and got sold..

Agree.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Doesn't change the fact that there are none for sale at $4K!

And congrats to you for thinking your machine is worth less than Market value! Do you have anything for sale?

There are none for sale at this exact moment for $4k. The last time one of these threads was going on, someone offered one here that had a few mods at $4800, and it went for a week or two.

As for selling stuff, I basically don't sell. I've been offered stupid money for my JP for instance, but once it is a game that I like and it has my story attached to it, I tend to not think money. I think if I was doing it, I could get another IM for under $5k easy. But I wouldn't sell you mine for $10k right now. It's *exactly* what I want it to be, and to me that is always the most important thing.

For the record though, I sold a BSD a year or two ago for $500 though. I thought I overcharged.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I've been offered stupid money for my JP for instance

What's "stupid money" for a JP...just curious.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

What's "stupid money" for a JP...just curious.

I was offered $3500 for it in 2007 or 2008 (I forget which) when you could easily score nice ones for $1200-$1400ish. Even in "today's market", $3500 for a JP is ridiculous. The guy that wanted it said he wanted an immaculate one and didn't care the cost. He started at $2500 and actually showed me the $3500, and I still turned him down.

I got that game for an absolute song, it's near perfect, and I wanted it so badly that my brother and law in I literally carried it up the stairs and out of the basement of the guy's house without a dolly. It was the game that I first decided that one day I would own when I was young and getting into pinball. I spent a long time with it working out the kinks, and making it play perfectly.

I knew that for $3500, I could get another JP, and probably one or two more great games. But, I knew that I couldn't get a JP that had all those stories behind it, and I'd always kind of miss this one.

I don't regret it one bit.

#64 11 years ago

I just made a tentative deal for a HUO IM with probably about 700 dollars in mods for $5500 including shaker, cointaker LEDs, LED'd Monger, Whiplash, War Machine, topper, FF sub and speakers, playfield rails and some other stuff. It has a little more than I wanted and will cost a little more than I wanted. I guess I can pull off the mods to sell to bring it into line as I tend to prefer factory games, but I probably won't. I think the short production of them makes them seem to be increasing in popularity as always seems to be the case when you get interested in a game!

Dan

#65 11 years ago

Glad to hear you found one Dan.

Plus one less available for sale ...

I think I may change the subject of this post to "discussion of what Pinside thinks Ironman is worth...."

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I just made a tentative deal for a HUO IM with probably about 700 dollars in mods for $5500 including shaker, cointaker LEDs, LED'd Monger, Whiplash, War Machine, topper, FF sub and speakers, playfield rails and some other stuff. It has a little more than I wanted and will cost a little more than I wanted. I guess I can pull off the mods to sell to bring it into line as I tend to prefer factory games, but I probably won't. I think the short production of them makes them seem to be increasing in popularity as always seems to be the case when you get interested in a game!
Dan

Good deal Dan, glad you finaly found one...sounds like a nice one..

Hope playin mine was a factor in your undying devotion to IM LOL

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

Congrats!

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

This right here. Pinball isn't a commodity, and the volume isn't great enough to dictate a standardized market price. IM is a rare enough that someone who has been waiting on one and missed a couple chances may jump at a $6k machine. At the same time, some dude who just knocked up his old lady may be willing to dump IM at $3k just so he can get money for diapers and stretch mark creme. This is what always amazed me about price policing. Everyone is wrong, no one is happy, and in the end the discussion resolves into ridiculous babble like this post right here.
-Wes

Too funny!

In my case I was willing to sell and not pay a 10 percent IRS fee = to 1200 dollars on the 12k they claim I owe based upon sales tax collected at a pizza store. I would never ever sold IM as I just picked up a nice one in MI for 4700 with mods and LED's but the gov't waits for nobody and the bill doesnt get "put off". I needed to raise quick funds and selling duplicate pins at auction which is usually more wholesale than retail was the only way to make sure to get the funds in 2 days. I would have more than happy to make parking lot deals like I did on some of the others but nobody asked me there. Banks are not lending in my part of the country even if you pay your bills. Money is tight or so the banks claim if they took TARP funds. Maybe we need pin pawn brokers like the cash car title loans places...

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Glad to hear you found one Dan.
Plus one less available for sale ...
I think I may change the subject of this post to "discussion of what Pinside thinks Ironman is worth...."

Sorry for helping to hijack your thread...

Glad I could perform a public service in your interest, in exchange, if it is any consolation, without you, I may not have found one.

Quoted from Gerry:

Good deal Dan, glad you finaly found one...sounds like a nice one..
Hope playin mine was a factor in your undying devotion to IM LOL

You know, as much as I hate to say this, I do not think I even played it while at your party. I kind of poo-pooed it previously. Only when I started to think about what I like in a game (fast, brutal), did I get interested in IM. I don't know if you saw my post comparing Creech and IM, but I recently started to change my mind. I went and played one that was in not great shape and like everyone says I can see how tough it can be.

Next time, I'll be sure to play it!

Dan

#70 11 years ago

MrWizzo

Did you get the one in Tri Cities Tn/VA today for 4800 just out of the box new from the doctor?

Did you play the one at auction?

#71 11 years ago

I don't get the price policing.. if the man can get $6k for it, good on him. If not, he'll have to sit on it or lower his price.. *shrugs* no big deal..

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I don't get the price policing.. if the man can get $6k for it, good on him. If not, he'll have to sit on it or lower his price.. *shrugs* no big deal..

Makes too much sense doesn't it!

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

exactly. I've posted what it will take for me to let my IM go and it has become a major discussion... Played it again today and yep my price is firm. Its a good game with complete software...

#74 11 years ago

I got extremely lucky and found a stock IM for $4100 about a year ago. With a new ramp, shaker and other mods I'm up to $4800. This thread makes me feel a lot better about my most expensive game.

#75 11 years ago

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Yep!
And that was a good deal between both of us.
I'm happy with it, hope you were too.
Still lovin' my IM. Thanks Michael

I am late in responding, have been traveling a bit.

Totally happy with the trade. Craig was great to trade with, recommended!

Thanks Michael

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-huo-iron-man/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.