(Topic ID: 35479)

What does Pinside think Ironman is worth?

By jasonpaulbauer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

EDITED>>>>>>>>

Let me rephrase my post..... Rather than trying to sell or trade my Ironman, I will just ask "What does pinside think a HUO Ironman is worth?"

.... please don't hold back....

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

I've got a HUO Ironman I'd be willing to trade for an AC/DC premium. The IM has shakermotor, Arc Reactor Pop Bumper caps, under PF guide rails.
May consider other interesting offers.
Located in Southern Indiana

Deal with confidence with Jason. Bought a game from and traded with before.
IronMan is HUO as I use to own it.

#3 11 years ago

I've got a HUO Ironman I'd be willing to trade for an AC/DC premium. The IM has shakermotor, Arc Reactor Pop Bumper caps, under PF guide rails.
May consider other interesting offers.
Located in Southern Indiana

I did this exact trade a few months ago. Hold out for that ac/dc Jason! Good luck....

Michael

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement...

1 week later
#5 11 years ago

Still available for trade. Sorry no outright sale yet.

#6 11 years ago

Jason,

I would consider trading a NIB Premium, but you would have to sweeten up the deal. I would not consider IM a even trade for a NIB Premium or a HUO AC/DC Premium.

LMK what you think

#7 11 years ago

Both great games. Good luck with the trade. I think it will work as even trade if you are patient.

#8 11 years ago

If you took care of the shipping i would trade my CV for your IM . I want one bad .. Good luck with your Ac/Dc Quest , Another great title

#9 11 years ago

Yes the IM would likely need cash added to turn into a ac/dc premium.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks for the offer of CV, but not a title Im interested in at the moment.

Honestly I see IM as hard to come by right now and ACDC Premium is something that can still be purchased. I think I'm in the ballpark. Maybe a little shy, but playing in the same league.

Mike, what price are you selling IM's at lately?

#11 11 years ago

Thanks for the offer of CV, but not a title Im interested in at the moment.
Honestly I see IM as hard to come by right now and ACDC Premium is something that can still be purchased. I think I'm in the ballpark. Maybe a little shy, but playing in the same league.
Mike, what price are you selling IM's at lately?

I just did this trade 2 months ago. Kicked in around $900 with my IM. And I did a lot of looking around for that ac/dc premium. So no, I don't think you're in the ballpark at a straight up trade. Just one guys opinion of course....

#12 11 years ago

Great guy! Jason the Louisville expo needs a ACDC premium this year. If you get one, please bring it

#13 11 years ago

I'm hearing of IM's without heavy mods selling for 6k...

But I'm sure there are examples of them heavily modded selling for less than $5k...

#14 11 years ago

I'm hearing of IM's without heavy mods selling for 6k...

I hate playing "police" but I don't think so, imagine at some point one sold for that. I have known 2 that sold for under $5K in the last 6 months. Just not an even trade but you are right in that the IM just don't come up for sale that often so I guess if someone wanted one bad enough. AC/DC is far superior game IMO, especially the premium.

#15 11 years ago

Ok, I know I'm swinging big trying to find an AC/DC Premium owner that wants and Ironman and is willing to trade the AC/DC to get it. So I am going to open it up to outright sales.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I hate playing "police" but I don't think so, imagine at some point one sold for that. I have known 2 that sold for under $5K in the last 6 months. Just not an even trade but you are right in that the IM just don't come up for sale that often so I guess if someone wanted one bad enough. AC/DC is far superior game IMO, especially the premium.

The ones that sold for under $5K were at auctions as far as I know... not a very good measuring stick of true prices as far as collectors go as there are too many factors that skew the final price.

And we all agreed that the last IM that sold at auction went for way too cheap, but the seller was in a crazy rush and the right buyers weren't there to bid.

That being said, I'd put a good HUO IM with no options to sell for $5200+, but that's me.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The ones that sold for under $5K were at auctions as far as I know... not a very good measuring stick of true prices as far as collectors go as there are too many factors that skew the final price.
And we all agreed that the last IM that sold at auction went for way too cheap, but the seller was in a crazy rush and the right buyers weren't there to bid.
That being said, I'd put a good HUO IM with no options to sell for $5200+, but that's me.

I am looking for one and my thinking is right along with the price you mention at least at the top of the range.

Dan

#18 11 years ago

Seen a few nice HUO Iron Man deals of past between 3700-4300 which seem reasonable for that title and not a fair deal for a straight up trade for an AC/DC Premium in my opinion. Good Luck though.

#19 11 years ago

HUO Iron Man's that sold for $4300 or less were either burnt in fires or their owners had no clue. Asking $6k for such a great pin, that is hard to find, is very reasonable. I have a very nice HUO IM and I probably would want around $6K for mine too. Good luck OP!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

Seen a few nice HUO Iron Man deals of past between 3700-4300 which seem reasonable for that title and not a fair deal for a straight up trade for an AC/DC Premium in my opinion. Good Luck though.

You throw out a statement based on? Seen where? They have not been 3700 since may 2010. Please post specifics. Same as me saying seen a few trade straight up for BIB and LTBR

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

If you took care of the shipping i would trade my CV for your IM . I want one bad .. Good luck with your Ac/Dc Quest , Another great title

It might be an easier trade, a CV for an ACDC prem. trade the IM for the CV, then trade CV for ACDCP

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I am looking for one and my thinking is right along with the price you mention at least at the top of the range.
Dan

Yes about $5200 sounds about right IMO.

#23 11 years ago

I know 6 months ago I was having a hard time getting $4700 for a HUO original owner IM. I was trying to trade for just an AC/DC as well and never ended selling. I did end up with a trade of 4 machines which I sold for around $5500 total, and I did have to put a little work into them.

I would say cash price on an IM may be $5000 right now. As hot as AC/DC is right now especially the premium, your going to have to put it somewhere between $500-1000 for a trade.

Loved my Iron Man, had it a couple years was time to move on, get an AC/DC pro right now, and love that. May try and get a premium myself at somepoint, although I do hear it is much slower pace. This pro is fricking fast.

#24 11 years ago

I think an Iron Man could be an even trade for an AC/DC Pro, not a Premium.
I don't save listings or know exactly the last time I had seen them in that range but even if Iron Man is in the $5k range I think he would have to throw money in for a fair trade on a Premium IMHO.

#25 11 years ago

Looking at $6K if you own the game and about $4.5-$5K if you don't own the game and want one. I've seen a couple sell recently between $5 and $5.5K. I don't recall any of them not having some mods though.

My thought would be that if you put up IM plus $500 for AC/DC you would probally be able to do it after waiting patently for the right person to come along. If you put up IM plus $1K you'd probally get a trade in a week or 2.

#26 11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback on my pricing....

#27 11 years ago

I would do an ACDC Pro with another $500 on my end plus pay for shipping both machines

#28 11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback on my pricing....

I sense a little sarcasm

#29 11 years ago

Both good games but IM would be superior in my opinion. I have played both a lot. If thats what it would take for him to let his rare Iron Man go is a easy to find AC/DC premium that is up to him.

#30 11 years ago

I think speculation that IM will be run again has cooled demand for the game. Good luck Jason on finding your trade

#31 11 years ago

a 3 way deal is then possible .. a deal here in florida just happened to trade a CV for an Ac/Dc premium . but i would much rather have an IM so if someone with Ac/Dc/Prem wants CV and other has IM and wants Ac/Dc this could work out .. Shipping is what sucks

Quoted from shlockdoc:It might be an easier trade, a CV for an ACDC prem. trade the IM for the CV, then trade CV for ACDCP

#32 11 years ago

IM isn't a straight deal for an ACDC Pro that is still being made, but at the same time *if you are willing to wait* you can get them for a decent price. There was the auction one that was noted recently, and yeah - people weren't there to get it, but then why didn't some flipper bid it up higher and buy it to flip it immediately? If I'm at an auction, and there is a TZ - a game that I have no intention of owning again - and it is selling for $3400, I'll snap it up and sell it for $4500 that same day.

I know of an HUO IM around here that wasn't offered on Pinside, and sold for well south of that $5,000 number recently. There just aren't that many of these out there right now. Give it a year or two and see if they come off route more. There are a decent number of these that went on route, and very few went into homes - the game was *hated* when it was released by home collectors. Times have changed, but it ain't worth those route ops pulling the games that are still making good coin... yet.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I just did this trade 2 months ago. Kicked in around $900 with my IM. And I did a lot of looking around for that ac/dc premium. So no, I don't think you're in the ballpark at a straight up trade. Just one guys opinion of course....

Yep!
And that was a good deal between both of us.
I'm happy with it, hope you were too.

Still lovin' my IM. Thanks Michael

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

When was this, 2 years ago?

#35 11 years ago

I picked up a HUO IM in December 2011 (13 months ago) for 3600. I posted a WTB on RGP and had my choice of 5 of them between 3500-3900, within a decent driving distance.

I don't think it is a 6k game now (even fully modded), but if it works out for the OP, awesome!

#36 11 years ago

alot has happened to prices in the last 13 months. POTC used to be 3400 all day...Most of the better sterns are increasing in value.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

alot has happened to prices in the last 13 months. POTC used to be 3400 all day...Most of the better sterns are increasing in value.

Then why did POTC go up in price ?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Then why did POTC go up in price ?

Bah-dum bum!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Agreed, but a lot of these guys are saying it has been at least two years since it was under 4k...

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I don't think it is a 6k game now (even fully modded), but if it works out for the OP, awesome!

Sorry, OP... did you add your price later in this post, because I didn't see it when I read your original one (Or I wouldn't have posted above)....

Good luck with your sale...

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

When was this, 2 years ago?

One was for $4300 a couple months ago and I thought it was too high, different strokes I guess.

#42 11 years ago

People can talk about low IM prices all day long and the cheap one that got away, but it's a different story when you're actually trying to find one! Sure they used to sell for $4K, but those days are long gone- low production numbers combined with being a kick ass game have kept it in demand. And high demand equals higher price.

It's funny how people seem to jump in about IM's being cheap, if that's the case, show me one that's available for that... and not the phantom one that sold quickly because the seller was desperate or didn't know any better (or not an Auction).

I picked up a TAF 3 months ago for $2500, but I don't believe this is now the price everyone will refer to when a TAF goes up for sale... "Hey, I know a guy that got a nice one for $2500!". Yeah, no way it's worth more than that!! Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

POTC used to be 3400 all day...

I don't ever remember POTC being that cheap. It earned / earns really well, so ops don't want to give them up. You could get them at $3400, but it was few and far between. $3600-3700 is more of an "all day" price, I think.

Regardless, it's a point...

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It's funny how people seem to jump in about IM's being cheap, if that's the case, show me one that's available for that... and not the phantom one that sold quickly because the seller was desperate or didn't know any better (or not an Auction).

If you want *any* machine right now, you have to pay a premium. The people who have games ready to go at that moment are generally people with high prices or vendors with the games waiting to be sold, where you're going to have a higher price than those waiting.

If you are willing to wait, I think you could find an IM within a year for $4300 without it having tons of mods, you just have to be ready to go and get it. I know of at least five of them that sold for that price or less within the last 6 months.

#45 11 years ago

I just sold my IM in December for $5K. Never even got a chance to post it, I suggested I might be selling it and the PM's started coming in. I was thinking that's what I wanted and the buyer never challenged me on the price. I think we both knew it was worth that and probably more.

Kevin

#46 11 years ago

I think those that don't own IM just wish it was $4K, and by stating that's what they think it's worth it might happen.

Just like all those $6500 BIBLE's out there, I know a guy that bought one for that!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I think those that don't own IM just wish it was $4K, and by stating that's what they think it's worth it might happen.

Funny. I have one. I have some mods. I don't think it's worth $5k.

I'm also not selling it. Unless the stuff really hits the fan.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Funny. I have one. I have some mods. I don't think it's worth $5k.
I'm also not selling it. Unless the stuff really hits the fan.

Doesn't change the fact that there are none for sale at $4K!

And congrats to you for thinking your machine is worth less than Market value! Do you have anything for sale?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

People can talk about low IM prices all day long and the cheap one that got away, but it's a different story when you're actually trying to find one! Sure they used to sell for $4K, but those days are long gone- low production numbers combined with being a kick ass game have kept it in demand. And high demand equals higher price.
I picked up a TAF 3 months ago for $2500, but I don't believe this is now the price everyone will refer to when a TAF goes up for sale... "Hey, I know a guy that got a nice one for $2500!". Yeah, no way it's worth more than that!! Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

...even funnier that it's the guys that own an Iron Man that rant it's worth 5-6k and unlikely that is what they paid for theirs!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

...even funnier that it's the guys that own an Iron Man that rant it's worth 5-6k and unlikely that is what they paid for theirs!

Whatever. Now you're just being ridiculous. At least the owners of the machines have bought one and know what they paid and what money it took to buy one, and second, know what they would sell it for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-huo-iron-man/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.