Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Gundam_Pilot_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tenor (resized).png
20181031_154052 (resized).jpg
20181031_154107 (resized).jpg
20181031_154120 (resized).jpg
20181031_154124 (resized).jpg
20181031_154131 (resized).jpg
20181031_154152 (resized).jpg
20181031_154222 (resized).jpg
20181031_154232 (resized).jpg
20190128_155352 (resized).jpg
20181031_154243 (resized).jpg
20190128_155421 (resized).jpg
20181031_154311 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 11 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 6,500

for trade

For trade: Cyclopes Game Plan

Added: February 6th, 2019 Ended: February 11th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

For trade. Fully working, very clean Cyclopes by Game Plan
Some games I'm looking for
GOT
AFM
CV
TAF
TZ
TOM
CFTBL
Taxi
Open to other pinball and vid trades

Item photos

20181031_154052 (resized).jpg
20181031_154107 (resized).jpg
20181031_154152 (resized).jpg
20181031_154232 (resized).jpg
20190128_155352 (resized).jpg
20181031_154243 (resized).jpg
20181031_154222 (resized).jpg
20190128_155421 (resized).jpg
20181031_154311 (resized).jpg
20181031_154124 (resized).jpg
20181031_154131 (resized).jpg
20181031_154120 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Columbia Station, OH, US

Seller insights

These are tlsbryan's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to tlsbryan's stats page

#2 11 days ago

any chance you can do me a favor before this game is traded?

I need a few pictures to help me as I bring mine back to life.

1. Photos of the shooter rod with the playfield up so you can see the whole rod.
2. Photos of the boards and mainly of all the wires/connectors on SDU-1 (the board in the upper left of the backbox).

thanks if you can assist.

guessing any future trader may like the photos of the boards anyway

#3 11 days ago

You don't see this one come up!
Looks exceptional!

GLWT

#4 9 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Looks exceptional!
GLWT

Looks exceptional?

Guy wants $6500 and won’t take pics with the glass off

Yes it’s rare, but due diligence needs to be paid at least IMO

#5 9 days ago

Is this the favourite pin of the Sharpe's?

#6 8 days ago

Passed on one for $1,800 about 2 years ago. What was I thinking?

#7 8 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Passed on one for $1,800 about 2 years ago. What was I thinking?

good question...

I would guess you were not thinking clearly or you had not played one much to know that it is both fun and rare. Even 2 years back, $1800 would have been a steal!

I will say this is the highest price I have ever seen someone ask on a Cyclopes, but you never know now-a-days as people are paying crazy money for games they want. This is appears to be a clean but average condition example of the game.

#8 8 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Looks exceptional!
GLWT

Looks good. Wouldn’t say exceptional. There is a lot of insert chipping. Don’t think this title is worth $6500 (probably in restored condition it is) but that’s just MHO. Rare title for sure. GLWT

#9 8 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

Is this the favourite pin of the Sharpe's?

Yep

#10 8 days ago

Can we see any pictures of the backglass off? Are all the boards original?

#11 8 days ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Looks good. Wouldn’t say exceptional. There is a lot of insert chipping. Don’t think this title is worth $6500 (probably in restored condition it is) but that’s just MHO. Rare title for sure. GLWT

Exceptionally Good..........?
Just messing with ya. I'm only going off of a couple other I have seen and there was a lot of bare wood/playfield showing. And not working.

Price, I have no idea. I don't think I'd pass on one for $1800 though. Especially if it was functional.
$6,500 is a lot but I'm not saying anything after what I've seen over the past couple years in this hobby.

My experience is if a guy puts a game for trade, he throws a high price associated with it and if somebody wants to get stupid, so be it.

Never played one. Would love to play one some day.

#12 8 days ago

Thought it was OK but was not enthralled by it. It was my buddy's so I played it and had other pins I would have rather gotten at that time.

Quoted from Whysnow:

good question...
I would guess you were not thinking clearly or you had not played one much to know that it is both fun and rare. Even 2 years back, $1800 would have been a steal!
I will say this is the highest price I have ever seen someone ask on a Cyclopes, but you never know now-a-days as people are paying crazy money for games they want. This is appears to be a clean but average condition example of the game.

#13 6 days ago

I'd like to see the boards as well. Rumor has it- this has an echo lake mpu in it which isn't fully functioning with cyclopes.

#14 6 days ago

I’ve got a Speakeasy +$500 I’ll put up for trade for this game .

#15 6 days ago

So you want to trade straight up for a TZ? Seriously?

#16 5 days ago

Sale pending! thank you everyone

#17 5 days ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Sale pending! thank you everyone

any chance you can provide the photos I asked for above/ prior to it leaving?

#18 5 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

any chance you can provide the photos I asked for above/ prior to it leaving?

If it doesn't have the original boards, the game won't play properly.

#19 5 days ago

It's an echo lake board from Jim.

#20 5 days ago
Quoted from schudel5:

If it doesn't have the original boards, the game won't play properly.

Since you have a cyclopes, can you help me out with photos?

1. Photos of the shooter rod with the playfield up so you can see the whole rod.
2. Photos of the boards and mainly of all the wires/connectors on SDU-1 (the board in the upper left of the backbox).

#21 5 days ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

It's an echo lake board from Jim.

side conversation, but are you saying the game being sold here is with an Echo lakes board?

Others are saying Cyclopes wont work with an echo lakes...

#22 5 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

side conversation, but are you saying the game being sold here is with an Echo lakes board?

#23 5 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Since you have a cyclopes, can you help me out with photos?

Yep I can do that tonight.

#24 5 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Various sources confirm that it's not the original board.

#25 5 days ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Various sources confirm that it's not the original board.

Well, here's the skinny on that.

I bought an Echo board to use in my Cyclopes as it was having booting issues. Installed the board and it booted perfectly. Went to play a game and found out that I could not start multiball. The lock shot never lit after I dropped the drop targets. There is a dip setting to qualify the lock after one bank of 4 drops are dropped or all 8. It didn't matter which position the switch was in, the game would never recognize the last drop target. It didn't matter which drop it was either. So if it was set to qualify the lock after all 4 in either bank were dropped it recognized the first 3 but not the last.

Jim had me run switch tests, check voltages, pull this, jumper that, sent me new code ROMs several times, blah, blah, blah. It wouldn't work right. We eventually got a hold of someone that had an Echo board, from a previous run, that hadn't installed it yet in Cyclopes and they went ahead and installed it for Jim. They reported back the same behavior I had. I must have emailed Jim a dozen times trying to figure out what was causing the issues and eventually I just stopped hearing from him.

Well, I got my original board fixed, sold the Echo board and moved on. That whole single chip ROM configuration Jim did is probably the issue, but that's the way he designed it which I think was poor. Should have had used the original 3 sockets configuration to swap original ROMs with dip switches to set for other games where the boards had to be cut and strapped for different ROMs used in different games.

#26 5 days ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I bought an Echo board to use in my Cyclopes as it was having booting issues. Installed the board and it booted perfectly. Went to play a game and found out that I could not start multiball. The lock shot never lit after I dropped the drop targets. There is a dip setting to qualify the lock after one bank of 4 drops are dropped or all 8. It didn't matter which position the switch was in, the game would never recognize the last drop target. It didn't matter which drop it was either. So if it was set to qualify the lock after all 4 in either bank were dropped it recognized the first 3 but not the last.
Jim had me run switch tests, check voltages, pull this, jumper that, sent me new code ROMs several times, blah, blah, blah. It wouldn't work right. We eventually got a hold of someone that had an Echo board, from a previous run, that hadn't installed it yet in Cyclopes and they went ahead and installed it for Jim. They reported back the same behavior I had. I must have emailed Jim a dozen times trying to figure out what was causing the issues and eventually I just stopped hearing from him.
Well, I got my original board fixed, sold the Echo board and moved on. That whole single chip ROM configuration Jim did is probably the issue, but that's the way he designed it which I think was poor. Should have had used the original 3 sockets configuration to swap original ROMs with dip switches to set for other games where the boards had to be cut and strapped for different ROMs used in different games.

thanks for offering to grab photos!

Also, thanks for the backstory.

If the OP game has an echo lakes board then the buyer surely will want to know this.

#27 5 days ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Def sounds like an addressing issue. You're probably right about the 3 chips to a single chip conversion.

It would be nice to have a confirmation from Jim or the OP about the functionality of this board in it's current state.

#28 5 days ago

tenor (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside