IMG_20160522_174827582_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_175020205_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_175002169_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174915009_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174846098_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174837573_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174719405_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_175028628_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For Trade: Big Guns (Williams, 1987)

Added: 2016-05-25 00:46:49 UTC • Ended: June 5th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 1,300

Hey all,
I'm offering up my Big Guns for trade. It's in pretty nice condition overall. The playfield is mostly covered in factory Mylar. There is one chip in the ink in the inlane on the right side. The cabinet is also a solid OK. None of the inserts look lifted and it plays good.

It has a newish Rotten Dog display and a previous owner soldered a remote battery pack to the board. (not badly done, but not cool) I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the backbox. I will try to add one later.

Basically, it is solid and you won't be ashamed to own it. This game is also guaranteed to not be HUO, CQ or any other marketing buzz term.

What do I want? I'm looking for a decent Genesis in similar condition. If your Genesis is less awesome, you may need to bring some cash too. If it's super nice, you won't need cash

If you have something else interesting feel free to offer it up, I have an incomplete wishlist. I like: SS Bally and Stern games, most Gottlieb games, could be tempted by the right EM (or two). I want a Robocop in a bad way too, but those are worth more than a Big Guns (IMHO).

For extra trading leverage, I have a Rollergames Arcade machine that is pretty OK as well. I have no loose cash. The recent addition of SST broke my wife's tolerance for spending

Obviously, if you come here and throw $1300 at me I'll take it.

Feel free to just come over and play some games. I'm a no pressure guy who would rather lose a sale than have either of us unhappy with a deal.

Item photos

IMG_20160522_174719405_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_175028628_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174837573_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174846098_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174915009_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_175002169_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_175020205_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160522_174827582_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are zimjoe's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to zimjoe's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Richmond, VA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 7 years ago

Four days and no one cares enough to even low ball me bump!

#3 7 years ago

Bump for what looks like a nice example. If I were closer, I would consider a trade....even though I don't think I have anything on your wishlist. I'm surprised nobody snatched this up already at the cash price you listed. GLWS.

#4 7 years ago

Well ...we do care but it's too far for me and I was thinking you may want to play it some more.

#5 7 years ago

Flood zone bump!

Almost bought Big Guns last week off Baltimore Craigslist but panicked over basement ceiling clearance.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Well ...we do care but it's too far for me and I was thinking you may want to play it some more

True, keeping it is hardly a punishment. The real issue is that too many people in league are getting good at it. We need some new blood for the next time my turn to host comes around.

Quoted from boscokid:

Almost bought Big Guns last week off Baltimore Craigslist but panicked over basement ceiling clearance.

I have a tape measure to check it for you. It's not really that tall... Pinbot is just short. I had a Power Play sitting next to it before and that game is shorter than a system11. Looked like a Zizzle next to Big Guns.

#7 7 years ago

Big Guns is big bang for the buck pinball! I really liked mine and would own it again someday if one pops up around here. GLWS

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

t's not really that tall

I put 31" legs on the back of mine

Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm surprised nobody snatched this up already at the cash price you listed.

Mine and someone else's were at Pinfest for a similar amount, I didn't even get a single interested text, which seems to surprise every person I've talked to. Not sure why none are moving right now...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I put 31" legs on the back of mine

Mine and someone else's were at Pinfest for a similar amount, I didn't even get a single interested text, which seems to surprise every person I've talked to. Not sure why none are moving right now...

They aren't moving now because they have NEVER moved. Big GUns has always been the least valued System 11 game. PAPA has 4 of them for christ's sake.

It's a good game but it is what it is - I think the wacky theme, and let's face it ugly ass cabinet and drab colors - have always hurt it's value. I'm more surprised at all the Big Guns games I've seen advertised lately over $1,000 here than I'm surprised that $1300 Big Guns games aren't getting any interest.

$700-1000 is the right spot for this one, and that's accounting for pinflation. Used to get these games for $500 back in the day on the reg.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They aren't moving now because they have NEVER moved. Big GUns has always been the least valued System 11 game. PAPA has 4 of them for christ's sake.
It's a good game but it is what it is - I think the wacky theme, and let's face it ugly ass cabinet and drab colors - have always hurt it's value. I'm more surprised at all the Big Guns games I've seen advertised lately over $1,000 here than I'm surprised that $1300 Big Guns games aren't getting any interest.
$700-1000 is the right spot for this one, and that's accounting for pinflation. Used to get these games for $500 back in the day on the reg.

I felt the same way but have seen a few project big guns in my area sell for over 700. Good luck to the OP

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm more surprised at all the Big Guns games I've seen advertised lately over $1,000

Well, you know what they say about NY prices being so low on everything. The movies used to be a nickel too... oh wait... that was the past. Nevermind

I used the Pinside market average listing to choose the price. I didn't use a "dump it now" price, because I am interested in trading it for a Genesis or something interesting. If it doesn't sell, then it will get played. Both options work.

One year ago, I could pick up a Genesis for $600. Now they are more. I certainly paid a bit more than $700 for this Big Guns and have in no way felt the worse for it.

Please keep up the conversation though. This Big Guns won't sell itself. This ad can use all the bumping it can get.

#12 7 years ago

Bump for a good guy

#13 7 years ago

Bump

Big Guns is one of those games I've played many times on many occasions and I still don't feel like I get it at all. The one on route near me isn't in the greatest shape but I'll stop and hammer on it some more soon. Is it taller than a Police Force?

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Is it taller than a Police Force?

It's a tall game. I believe it's taller than a Police Force with the topper.

I could see where weak flippers and poor maintenance would make this a snooze fest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-big-guns-williams-1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.