Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Joshmx19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshmx19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

For those who left Metallica launch parties over the weekend with a sense of "I only was allowed to look at the game on "free play" and if I wanted a chance to play it I was required to enter a tournament for $5" like I did I should point out that the Susquehanna Valley Mall in Selinsgrove, Pa has a Metallica Pro on location at the Cinema Center Arcade. It is already decked out with the Cointaker Premium LED kit. You will be able to get a sense of the game without a huge crowd breathing down your neck and your first chance to play the game wont be a tournament. The party I went to had 2 Pros and both were part of the all day tournament. It was cool to watch experts play the game but cant I do that on youtube without driving 2 hours? SO check it out at the Susquehanna Valley Mall, Cointakers games are always set up nice!

#2 10 years ago

Sure its set to $1.00 per play but $2.00 for 3 plays is a deal anymore, especially for new games. Personally I think the game is awesome! I kind of want one now.

#9 10 years ago

Exactly I wasnt bashing the party at all, it was actually a great party and there were lots of other machines in A+ condition to play. I am just saying that if you went and wanted to play metallica and also didnt want to play in a tournament then you can go here. The game on location isnt even mine. Not only that I didnt say which launch party I went to so how am I bashing anyone? People love to get all sensitive.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

$1.00 per play is about right IMO, but I'm one of the few that see it this way; once you operate a game it will open your eyes a bit to the realities of a pinball machine as a money maker.
    The ironic part is that you lambasted launch parties for a $5 entry fee. $5=5 plays. I'm sure most who played in the tourney that you're referencing played around 5 times, if not more AND were able to enter into an IFPA event with Stern schwag, cash prizes, and WPPR points.
    FAIL
    That being said...go support Metallica pinball on location, it's a fantastic game regardless of the cost per play.

Actually if you paid and sucked like me I think you had one shot SO that is $5 per play. If they wanted to have a tournament thats fine, I wasnt against that but I'm just saying if you want to actually play the game, here it is. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, I saw plenty of people who either got there after the deadline to enter (I was there way before that so dont cry that I was late or something) or just didnt want to deal with the tournament format. The people who played in the tournament were talented and fun to watch. The party in my opinion was a success but if you want to play Metallica and live in this part of the country here is a chance to play in a quieter arena.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ruger:

So you spent $20-25 in gas to get there, but couldn't fork up $5 to enter?

You're right I'm poor. Thats what it was all about. Thanks.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Can you not plug this location without bashing the launch parties?
    WTF did you think it was going to be?
    They have all been tournaments with similar formats for some time.

I thought it was going to be what the flyer said "2 metallica pros on free play, an IFPA tournament" not "2 Metallica machines available to play in a tournament" but you're right WTF was I expecting. Why would I expect whats written? High altitude must make you cranky dude.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

So you didn't get to play at all for free? If so that's pretty lame. Did you talk to the tournament organizer? If I paid $25 in gas and didn't get to play that's bad form on the tournament organizer and all involved.

At the very end of the day I was standing there and my buddy who was in the tournaments already game me his spot to just play it but I played the game a few weeks ago on location there were plenty of people who didnt get to play at all. I was happy with paying $25 in gas to play his other games and the free food was very generous. Trust me Im not bashing the party or the game or the host.

#19 10 years ago

You really cant please everyone. Wait maybe you can...

For stern fanboys ONLY:

Our loved leader provided a great day for metallica pro pinball. Game was so very good and party so very great. JJP could not do this, they are weak.

*Insert photo of Gary Stern to look like Kim Jong Il*

His humble leaderness has granted us the ability to play this game at the local theater. I must be there at all times to play forever, yay!

Much Love for our great leader, his launch parties are untouchable! His games are perfect in every way!!

For JJP Fanboys ONLY:

Ugh I shouldn't even admit to this but I tried out a stern launch party yesterday. It SUCKED. The game was ugly and not rainbow colored. Plus like anyone could just buy it, not exclusive at all. They didnt even clear the cabinet. Talk about just throwing it out there to make a buck.
    They even had a tournament, the crappy game broke like 40 times (4th wall, they worked flawlessly the whole time) Oh well, I almost got a shipping comfirmation for WOZ yesterday, feeling good about this week! BTW, WOZ is on location at Ocean City NJ Might go check it. I heard theres a metallica close to my house but YUCK!

*Insert picture of Jack photoshopped to look like jesus here*

For EM Guys:

TOO LOUD, TOO BRIGHT, DID NOT GO!

For Bally/Williams holdouts:

Stern made yet another half cocked attempt at a game and I reluctantly went to the launch party (To make fun of the stern guys who dont know any better, you know). BOOOOO the quality just wasnt there and all the great games have already been made. So mad at myself for wasting my time. BOOO. There is one of these disasters on location close to my house, but I can play my trusty Bad Cats at home so why bother!

*Insert picture of Popeye saves the earth photoshopped to look like Cactus Canyon here*

For everyone else:

Went to the Metallica launch party yesterday. It was a lot of fun, games looks great! Didn't get much of a chance at it due to the tournament but I found one close to home on location and it plays awesome, I kind of want one of these now!

#20 10 years ago

No not seriously.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I'm making an assumption about your stance
    I know before I start that I'm not going to win any tournament. So why should I enter? Or even go?
    IMO, it's a huge mistake to think that everybody goes to these events to "win".

I was only pointing out that it was a bit misleading and it wasnt really supposed to go down the way it did. Maybe the turnout was larger than expected. I would still enter a tournament knowing I wasnt going to win but that wasn't what I went there for.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

This just seems like a rag on the parties, and is aimed at all of them since you aren't specific.
    Just leave the party out of it if you want to promote the game, or mention "your" party was lame.
    I don't want others to think these parties suck, Denvers needed more people if anything.
    They had free play on the games before and after, a free beer for all that played, translight and t-shirt giveaways, everyone that entered got at least 3 plays on Metallica, all for 5 bucks!
    I think launch parties are pretty fun.

It was fun but you threw them under the bus more than me! They are very specifically not allowed to have beer at these things!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Didn't get enough METALLICA! at your launch party??!
    check it out at the Susquehanna Valley Mall, Cointakers games are always set up nice!

Well yeah that would be the polite, non a$$hole way to go about it! I must have been in a bad mood earlier today but I'm not going to erase anything, this thread is funny.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshmx19.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-went-to-metallica-launch-party?tu=joshmx19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.