(Topic ID: 146006)

For those who have played GOT LE/Prem and Star Trek . . . .

By Nokoro

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MapleSyrup
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ok, I know GOT Prem isn't out yet, but it seems like people are starting to get their LEs and play them. I'm curious as to how the LE/Prem will work in a small collection next to Stern Star Trek. I love my Star Trek Pro but want some variety. Is the layout of GOT LE/Prem too similar to Star Trek, or does the upper playfield add enough variety? I know the code is different, but I really want a game that shoots differently as well. What are people's opinions?

(Note that I do plan on playing before buying, but I won't have the chance for some time yet, so was hoping to get some early opinions.)

(And, can I dare ask that we not use this thread to bash any particular pin? There is enough of that. I just want some constructive feedback.)

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The layout isn't similar at all but sorry and no offense intended how the hell can anyone answer this question when ST has been out for over a year and pretty much finished on the code front while the other game hasn't even been released?

Yeah, the question is more about the layout rather than the code. I know it is unfair to compare code at this point, though from all accounts GOT is farther along than most Stern pins at release. I'm more interested in hearing how the shots compare and whether this will feel different enough from ST from a shooting perspective.

#10 8 years ago

So, just to clarify a little, I have Star Trek (as I said), and a friend has TWD. While the two games have a very different rule set and feel, they do have that typical Stern fan layout with the two ramps that return the ball to the inlanes, an orbit, a bash toy, etc. When I saw GOT Pro, it looked very similar from a pure shooting perspective. I love the set up of Star Trek with the awesome flow, combos and everything. But, I definitely want something different. (I'm also considering WOZ, which is completely different.) So, what I'm asking is whether the addition of the miniplayfield, the throne, etc. on the Prem/LE really gives the game a different shooting feel. The early reports I heard from the reveal was that it still shot quite similarly to the Pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-have-played-got-leprem-and-star-trek?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.