(Topic ID: 146006)

For those who have played GOT LE/Prem and Star Trek . . . .

By Nokoro

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MapleSyrup
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Ok, I know GOT Prem isn't out yet, but it seems like people are starting to get their LEs and play them. I'm curious as to how the LE/Prem will work in a small collection next to Stern Star Trek. I love my Star Trek Pro but want some variety. Is the layout of GOT LE/Prem too similar to Star Trek, or does the upper playfield add enough variety? I know the code is different, but I really want a game that shoots differently as well. What are people's opinions?

(Note that I do plan on playing before buying, but I won't have the chance for some time yet, so was hoping to get some early opinions.)

(And, can I dare ask that we not use this thread to bash any particular pin? There is enough of that. I just want some constructive feedback.)

#2 8 years ago

The layout isn't similar at all but sorry and no offense intended how the hell can anyone answer this question when ST has been out for over a year and pretty much finished on the code front while the other game hasn't even been released?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The layout isn't similar at all but sorry and no offense intended how the hell can anyone answer this question when ST has been out for over a year and pretty much finished on the code front while the other game hasn't even been released?

Whenever I hear "no offense intended," it usually means it's time to protect your balls.

And I think enough guys have played this at shows and in homes to give some perspective on the OP's questions.

Be nice, Hazoff. True, the Maple Leafs are in last place, but there's always next year.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Be nice, Hazoff. True, the Maple Leafs are in last place, but there's always next year.

Sorry, also I don't watch Hockey and hate the Maple Leafs mania that affects my great city, not good to post hung over. I will say this having owned a STLE and playing quite a bit of the GOT pro both are great and if I was a GOT's fan I would easily drop the coin for the pro, yet to play an LE like most pinsiders so I couldn't say, if you have had you're ST for a long time then I would say a change is warranted and buying GOT is a good move.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah, the question is more about the layout rather than the code. I know it is unfair to compare code at this point, though from all accounts GOT is farther along than most Stern pins at release. I'm more interested in hearing how the shots compare and whether this will feel different enough from ST from a shooting perspective.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry, also I don't watch Hockey and hate the Maple Leafs mania that affects my great city,

Damn. It was just a guess...and a wrong one.

#7 8 years ago

I am in the same predictament as u. If I find they are similar. I will move my twdle in between them so problem solved st n GoTLE won't be next to each other

I think with upper pf,house stack, and over game strat will make it a totally different game. The shot sequence already has a different shooter

#8 8 years ago

Played a few games on an LE on Friday night (thanks Frolic!).
WAY different than STLE. No comparison, in my opinion.

#9 8 years ago

Game are totally Different, i find they are equal in speed, and have similar features, If you like steve richie tables its a great buy, but i think 1 of steves tables is enough in a collection, just my opinion, Good Luck!

#10 8 years ago

So, just to clarify a little, I have Star Trek (as I said), and a friend has TWD. While the two games have a very different rule set and feel, they do have that typical Stern fan layout with the two ramps that return the ball to the inlanes, an orbit, a bash toy, etc. When I saw GOT Pro, it looked very similar from a pure shooting perspective. I love the set up of Star Trek with the awesome flow, combos and everything. But, I definitely want something different. (I'm also considering WOZ, which is completely different.) So, what I'm asking is whether the addition of the miniplayfield, the throne, etc. on the Prem/LE really gives the game a different shooting feel. The early reports I heard from the reveal was that it still shot quite similarly to the Pro.

#11 8 years ago

I might be in the same boat, good thing no decision needs to be made this year. Also might as well wait for the next pin announcement, lots to think about.

#12 8 years ago

The only thing that is similiar is that their bot Richie games. That being said if you want to change things up, dump the ST, get a got premium and than go get a woz. Or keep the ST if your absolutely in love with it and get a TH!
Problem solved!

#13 8 years ago

The layouts are certainly different, but I think there is a certain signature to Ritchie's games. The shots are nice and wide, and there are many combos to be had.

IMO, ST and GoT are more alike than they are different. Though they are not technically similar, they "feel" similar to me.

TWD by comparison feels different. Maybe it's the difference between wide open flowy layout, and a tighter more tough layout. Orbit through the pops on TWD etc. Feels riskier.

I really like how GoT is shaping up but it'll be a while before we can tell what it's really like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-have-played-got-leprem-and-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.