(Topic ID: 175628)

For those who have played Dialed In, how do you rate it?

By sevenrites

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bigjdrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you've played WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In, which one do you like the most?”

• Wizard of Oz 33 votes
    26%
  • The Hobbit 24 votes
    19%
  • Dialed In 53 votes
    42%
  • They're all equally great and I'm excited for JJP#4 as well 15 votes
    12%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161214_132054 (resized).jpg
20161214_132117 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

TOTAN is overhyped, overpriced, and too easy to beat even for a novice with little skill.

Than you haven't Played a TOTAN set up correctly! Most people don't have the machine leveled properly and play field angle. Was one of the hardest pins I've seen to get "dialed in" properly, the second you move it, you have to level and check play field again. If a TOTAN is set up right, it's not easy. More than an opinion, seen it, lived it, set up a few now.

#52 7 years ago

Damn, pin isn't even 2 months old! That wear at hole is happening way to fast. Did they skimp on play field production and use the same supplier as STERN?

#53 7 years ago

All i can say is that a cliffy on that hole and the ball would bounce out 8 out of 10 times.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

All i can say is that a cliffy on that hole and the ball would bounce out 8 out of 10 times.

Seems like a standard scoop. I doubt that a Cliffy would hurt things too much. It's also a fairly close shot, so the ball should always be traveling quickly.

#55 7 years ago

Its Nice to see some talk about the Peppers Ghost in the theater.

I had asked Dwight about more Ghosts and Animations in GB, hoping there would be lots more, but there is no guarantee of it happening.

On Dialed in, with the update to code from Expo to Freeplay, some new animations were seen...or seen for the first time.
The use of the spinning Jewel, or its movement was refreshing and eye catching enough to bring excitement to the shot.
Much like the explosion of the ghosts.
I believe from conversation, there will be lots of good animation use in The Theater, and this will be a pleasant surprise!

I mean, we all love shooting for a Jackpot, or Extra ball, because there is a flashing light and a Callout.
If used to its maximum value, the Animation for any reward in a theater shot can be spectacular!, when added with lights and sounds!

Id love to see the selfie camera, grab your face, and have software interpret into a 3D Head image in the Peppers Ghost!

Its got me hooked, as well as Aliens.....Tough battle and decision, but Ill be patient.....

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Seems like a standard scoop. I doubt that a Cliffy would hurt things too much. It's also a fairly close shot, so the ball should always be traveling quickly.

Um, speed and proximity are exactly why most shots are going to clank out with a cliffy. Anything other than a perfect shot is going to be an issue.

#57 7 years ago

They need to do more stuff with the display effects has very little once they get that sorted out could be cool

#58 7 years ago

Hey what do you know? Not only are people comparing it to RS, it has wear like RS...

#59 7 years ago

I would like to know the number of plays on these games that are showing wear, they keep moving the same 4-5 games from Show to show ...I bet it's been played 15000 times already. I was impressed by the lack of dimpling the play field showed when we saw it in Florida .

#60 7 years ago

that scoop wear is VERY minmal given the # of plays. Cliffy or even a small bit of mylar would prevent that.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Hey what do you know? Not only are people comparing it to RS, it has wear like RS...

Maybe the 12.5K CE will include a cliffy?

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that scoop wear is VERY minmal given the # of plays. Cliffy or even a small bit of mylar would prevent that.

Do you know how many plays are on it? 15000 is ok, 1500? 500? I guess it really depends...

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think he's talking about the lack of angles. You ever play a JP with cliffy's on? The bunker shots are at least 30% harder. Because you lose that beveled edge. reducing the hold size by 17%. Which is huge. Makes the shot super hard and no close calls fall in anymore.

#64 7 years ago

I added Cliffys to my Whirlwind cellar scoops soon after I got the game, and they made it infuriating to no end. Probably only 15% of my shots into the right scoop were making it in reliably and most would bounce out. How does something bounce out when shot directly into a lateral hole??! I tried everything from checking the fit to adjusting the scoops to improving my skill - no dice.

Took the Cliffys off and it was like I became a minor god overnight! No more bum shots, the game was so much more reliable and fun.

I get why Cliffys have value and there are places I'd still use them... but when it comes to scoop shots, I'd really rather not have to. That subtle metal lip causes more grief than it should.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think he's talking about the lack of angles. You ever play a JP with cliffy's on? The bunker shots are at least 30% harder. Because you lose that beveled edge. reducing the hold size by 17%. Which is huge. Makes the shot super hard and no close calls fall in anymore.

For Dialed In, slop shots have no business dropping into the scoop anyway. Seems like it's meant to be a pretty straightforward shot from the flipper.

Edit: JP was the first game I put Cliffy protectors on. Didn't seem to make that big of a difference to me.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

For Dialed In, slop shots have no business dropping into the scoop anyway. Seems like it's meant to be a pretty straightforward shot from the flipper.
Edit: JP was the first game I put Cliffy protectors on. Didn't seem to make that big of a difference to me.

The only thing I would say is that I seemed to hit that scoop with the upper right flipper quite a bit when I played it. Maybe as much as each lower flipper individually. That shot from the upper right flipper is at an angle. Very low chance I make that shot if a cliffy were covering the hole.

From the lower left flipper it is a very fast shot which would need to be perfectly center. A little easier from a soft backhand from the lower left flipper.

#67 7 years ago

I was the only person in the showroom playing dialed in. There was a cell phone on the cell phone docking pad. Someone played the game before me and forgot their phone on top of the machine.

It occured to me only a few minutes ago that this is a pretty significant design flaw, particularly on route.

#68 7 years ago

the only flaw was the forgetful sap who left their phone on a game.

#69 7 years ago

i really cant get passed the name and the cell phone on the playfield with the icons on it. it would have to play really good. last thing i wanna stare is a cell phone when i am unwinding playing my pin(s).

#70 7 years ago

maybe after the game is done, if it reads a phone there, maybe it should give a verbal cue that says, " don't forget your phone, and thanks for playing".

#71 7 years ago

I still don't see it showing up in the overall ratings yet. We just need a few more -

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/dialed-in/ratings

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i really cant get passed the name and the cell phone on the playfield with the icons on it. it would have to play really good. last thing i wanna stare is a cell phone when i am unwinding playing my pin(s).

Ditto......I would expect a thread titled as such would eventually generate higher poll votes than WOZ or Hobbit. Just no way with that theme...time will tell...anxious for JJP #4 somewhere down the road...WOZ rules in this trio....

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

the only flaw was the forgetful sap who left their phone on a game.

Dad taught me the wallet, keys check when I was growing up. I added the phone check to my routine, I wouldn't get very far if any one of these three were gone since I check before I leave anywhere I go. Everyone should do this.

#74 7 years ago

Still 10 more approved ratings short before this thing makes it's graceful debut and presence felt on the Pinside Top 100... Stern should be sweating bullets because it's coming soon.

Also confirmed there is in fact a Dialed In at JJP Headquarters, I saw it being played yesterday by the company Christmas tree.

And if you're close to Philly PA there's still one more day to play one at the PinballStar booth at the video game expo event.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstar-dialed-in-will-be-in-philly-kop-this-weekend

#75 7 years ago

Hi All,

I don’t normally post on here, but I figured I would share my experience regarding this game since not many people have been able to play it as of yet. My wife and I have played both WOZ and Hobbit, so we were very eager to experience Dialed In. Automated held an open house for Dialed In; however, we couldn’t make it up to CT that Saturday due to a work obligation. April (of Automated) came through for us and offered to let us come up during the week and play the machine. My wife had to work, so I made the trip myself. Truthfully, I was able to play the machine for almost two hours without interruption. Take it for what it’s worth, but this was my experience:

--This game grew on me the more I played it. The layout made for some smooth, fast shots and this particular machine felt great.

--The way the “train” ramps are set up is reminiscent of RCT and they were fun to hit. Yes, there was some challenge, but fun MM challenge (not Avengers challenge).

--I thought the drones would be more integral to the gameplay—and maybe they will be in later updates. As of now they simply light up and the propellers spin when that shot is activated.

--The theater seems to be nothing more than the JJP response to the GBLE Ecto-Goggles. It was neat, but not necessarily a game changer.

--The cell phone mounted in the game was more key to understanding the game than the backbox LCD—I loved this part of the game.

--The game really does look great. A little scary though, was the wear that the the playfield was showing at the scoop hole. Not sure how many plays were on this machine, but the wear was pretty obvious.

--The rule set is still in the early stages, but offered cool objectives that almost made for an AFM-like “Okay, I need to try this one more time.” Some of the disaster modes could take a while to beat. Multi-ball also took some time to get because of the stages of turning “power” on, etc.

--Even though it was supposed to be the “wow” factor for this game, the Bluetooth cell phone connectivity seemed rather over redundant to me. JJP had a sample cellphone with the game and it had to be placed on the glass (over the apron) in order for it to work. The cellphone, as of now, could be used to do three things: launch the ball, activate either flipper, or activate the shaker. Honestly, I didn’t use the cell phone other than to launch the ball a few times or activate the shaker when I saw the ball headed for a SDTM drain. I think there is a ton of potential for this technology, but it’s obviously still in the early stages.

--The selfie feature of the game could be really cool. I think it was disabled on this machine so it only made the camera sound, but didn’t display any images. I have to imagine that this would be a lot of fun once it is activated.

I really enjoyed the game and hope to play it again sometime soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-have-played-dialed-in-how-do-you-rank-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.