(Topic ID: 106968)

For those who have played AMH...Grade it!

By 27dnast

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Grade AMH”

• (A) Plays great, long term appeal for a collection 39 votes
    20%
  • (B) Fun game, will want to own for a while 39 votes
    20%
  • (B) Fun Game, wouldn't want to own it 41 votes
    21%
  • (C) Meh, it was ok 51 votes
    26%
  • (D) Total Dud 18 votes
    9%
  • (F) Bad Stuff 3 votes
    2%
  • (X) Other, explain 5 votes
    3%

(196 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P4130716.JPG
IMG_20150121_154632429.jpg
Zen_Pinball_THD_Tesla_key_art_300dpi_all_logo[1].jpg
image.jpg
TMA.png
top-20-oh-snap2.jpg
walking-flat.jpg
new-kid-in-town.jpg
AMH_rules-Betelgeuse.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0015.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

Haven't played it yet, would like to though if one comes near NJ.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I got several games in on it, I would say it plays better than it looks, I'm not a fan of the artwork at all, but that is of course subjective.

I feel the same way about the art based on what I've seen here and in pictures. Sometimes things change in person though. I'm generally not a fan of airbrush/gradient type soft transitions and I like textures. I'm more into outlines and graphic design print-type style layouts for pins. It makes sense they used this style, being these are supposed to be gaseous apparitions of the non-smelly kind. Then again, Pac-Man had ghosts that were solid colored and outlined. But they also lacked the technology at the time to do transparency/blurs in-game, and they wanted to represent the game in the side artwork. It wasn't a design choice, they HAD no choice! I'd imagine they would have, given an option.

This is solely my opinion though, and that is what makes art wonderful. It is subjective, polarized, not everyone will like it, and it should always be that way. If we voted by committee on art, we'd end up with nothing but unicorn barf shit prints like Thomas Kinkade everywhere or play it safe styles on everything. Not everyone likes the music I write or the artwork I create. I'm fine with that, I do it for myself ultimately. And although this is a creation intended for the public domain and sale, they did what they wanted.

And I wish Spooky the best, they're doing great stuff for the hobby.

2 months later
#216 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Alyson our producer was "Dumb Valley Girl" so I had her record new WIKI lines already in our state-of-the-art, completely sound-proof, Skywalker-Sound-Quality recording booth!

Is that a Rode NTK?

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's a Samson brand USB mic. Can't recall model #.
The new business park we're in, there's a recording studio on the other side of the parking lot. Maybe I can look into that for additional voices on Game 2.

Or you can just grab a few decent microphones and a decent pre-amp/audio interface and DIY! Mics aren't that expensive (and you should have a few for a range of male/female voices), but studio time is! If you'd like any help with mic selection/engineering/processing/mastering, let me know. I'd be happy to help. I've got more experience in that department than any other.

Is the diaphragm on that Samson mic mounted like a dynamic mic? Looks like the mic is set up so that you aren't speaking directly into the diaphragm in the picture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-have-played-amhgrade-it?tu=thedefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.