(Topic ID: 106968)

For those who have played AMH...Grade it!

By 27dnast

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Grade AMH”

• (A) Plays great, long term appeal for a collection 39 votes
    20%
  • (B) Fun game, will want to own for a while 39 votes
    20%
  • (B) Fun Game, wouldn't want to own it 41 votes
    21%
  • (C) Meh, it was ok 51 votes
    26%
  • (D) Total Dud 18 votes
    9%
  • (F) Bad Stuff 3 votes
    2%
  • (X) Other, explain 5 votes
    3%

(196 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P4130716.JPG
IMG_20150121_154632429.jpg
Zen_Pinball_THD_Tesla_key_art_300dpi_all_logo[1].jpg
image.jpg
TMA.png
top-20-oh-snap2.jpg
walking-flat.jpg
new-kid-in-town.jpg
AMH_rules-Betelgeuse.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0015.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookycharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

Thanks for the honest assessment guys. Joe's AMH at York does have old code, and we've made several adjustments to prevent the stuck balls. He's got the parts to correct much of that now. His game was prototype #2. The Expo game even had a couple spots the ball could be stuck but I didn't want to crack it open and fix during the show. That game is the same war horse that went to the MN state fair and has been around the block a few times.

AMH is exactly what we hoped it would be... a solid first effort. Good game with a great rule set. Yeah... I'm biased as hell.

We're still learning and doing what we can to make it better. Thanks to everyone who helps support us and took a chance. We're far from perfect, but we sure can't complain where we're at either.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Charlie - Do you have a link for game play video that you particularly like?

Yuuup. The video the PAPA team shot was outstanding! There's a link to it on our info page.

http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I played AMH at PBL open House. It was a challenging pinball, that I found to be a bit of a Drain Monster. But I only got 2 games on it so i'm sure most of this was my fault. I really wanted to hear the call outs but it was far to loud and crowed at the open house to hear them. The one thing I really thing that needs addressing is the GI lighting on the game is FAR FAR to dark. I couldn't even see the art work on the play-field it was so dark.

But it was definite solid first release for Spooky.

You aren't wrong... the interior cabinet lighting really brightens up the playfield but the GI could have been better. Live and learn. Ben has been asking me to do a spotlight kit. We may still do that.

To me, the humor in the game absolutely needs to be heard to be appreciated. Ben did a great job on the script! Nordman's lines still make me laugh out loud. The game plays fast, but setting the coils up or down (in most cases down) helps make it more user friendly. In the menu you can also decrease / increase the number of hits it takes to do things, lengthen ball save times, go to 5 ball, etc etc to see more of the modes. The rules are a mile deep... I've still never gotten past 4 of 6 ghosts. We have yet to hear of a customer getting to Demon Battle (wizard) mode. Although I did get a picture proving someone was 1 shot away when he drained. Arrrrggghhghgh!!!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I got the itch to make up some custom instruction cards... Enjoy!

Wowsers... those are way better than the ones we made! Awesome job!!!

And guys, I'm a pretty quiet dude in here, but can't thank everyone enough for the faith & support. We don't pretend to be perfect, but Ben has done an incredible job on not only AMH, but helping Spooky Pinball get off the ground in general. He's just one of a bunch of people that helped us... team effort, and that includes everyone who had the courage to buy a game from some guys in Wisconsin.

Shipped a few last week, we'll ship a few more this week, and the next 2 weeks we hope to ramp it up even more! Expo was a very good thing for our little company...

Just getting started! I want to get the quality up, and the prices down. That's my goal for the future.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Mostly going to be bug fixes of anything that pops up.

Amen! It's deeper than the Mariana Trench now!

And yes... we stop at 150. No LE's, special ghostly something or others, no "due to popular demand we had to do this". 150... end of the run. If they become 10k by Christmas in the resale market, then so be it. I'll just go drink beer and eat pizza with Heck, which I enjoy doing anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookycharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-have-played-amhgrade-it?tu=spookycharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.