(Topic ID: 106968)

For those who have played AMH...Grade it!

By 27dnast

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Grade AMH”

• (A) Plays great, long term appeal for a collection 39 votes
    20%
  • (B) Fun game, will want to own for a while 39 votes
    20%
  • (B) Fun Game, wouldn't want to own it 41 votes
    21%
  • (C) Meh, it was ok 51 votes
    26%
  • (D) Total Dud 18 votes
    9%
  • (F) Bad Stuff 3 votes
    2%
  • (X) Other, explain 5 votes
    3%

(196 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P4130716.JPG
IMG_20150121_154632429.jpg
Zen_Pinball_THD_Tesla_key_art_300dpi_all_logo[1].jpg
image.jpg
TMA.png
top-20-oh-snap2.jpg
walking-flat.jpg
new-kid-in-town.jpg
AMH_rules-Betelgeuse.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0015.JPG
There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not sure what WIKI could accomplish.

Psychic is double scoring with a 10 s timer. Timer can be added two (extra 5 sec) by hitting the wiki target (that's a hard shot)

So what to do with Wiki - My suggestion is spell wiki and hit the basement that allows the player to pick the award - no longer random. It would again be a timed mode to allowing 5 s to hit basement

I like spelling tech to give a free 10 second ball saver

#202 9 years ago

Man, I really need to play the most up to date code!

#203 9 years ago

So, what ball saver would be extended? You mean in a multiball or are you talking about just shooting it at the beginning of a ball?

I think the 2x scoring is a great idea. Some sort of frenzy mode would be great too, where all switch hits give 250k or something.

I dont like the idea about the selectable mystery award. that's a long list and it would slow down gameplay too much. everyone would pick extra ball every time, too.

#204 9 years ago

Here's what's I'm thinking:

PSYCHIC - Starts double scoring. While PSYCHIC SCORING is active, hitting the target again adds 3-5 seconds (will have to test)

TECH - Adds 2-3 seconds to that player's ball save timer per completion. (This is on top of the game's default Ball Save timer)

WIKI - "Research complete, Ghost X is lit!" Lights the ghost boss you have the least progress on.

And again, completing any of them re-lights Spirit guide, completing all 3 lights Video Mode (existing rules)

The selectable award is a cool idea but since these targets can be hit at any time, I need somewhat "generic" awards if we're in a mode for instance.

WIKI would need two versions. If in a battle (that is, can't start another mode til this one ends)

"Research complete, Ghost X is ready to battle!" and it would be lit once current mode is over.

If lit during "no mode":

"Research complete, Ghost X is lit!" and you can start it right away.

These are the kinds of things we have to think about when programming! It's like a labyrinth within a maze. Forget about the baby!

#205 9 years ago

As long as we're making requests (my down payment for amh goes out end of the week), is it possible to add a midnight madness mode like some of the Williams titles? I assume pin heck has an internal clock. If so, it should Include something with words of wisdom from Bryan kelly. Maybe a bonus bryan kelly ghost mode, where the ghost rotates back n forth drunk on beer, and the LED flickers really fast, and the DMD is nothing but middle fingers.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If so, it should Include something with words of wisdom from Bryan kelly.

What?

"So you're that big mouth prick from Pinside?"

~Bryan Kelly's first words to me after I introduced myself at MGC 2014

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

What?

LOL, I think I heard him say the same thing to a few other people.

BK midnight multiball would be great!

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

What?

Sorry, Ken. I must have been drinking.

#209 9 years ago

Alyson our producer was "Dumb Valley Girl" so I had her record new WIKI lines already in our state-of-the-art, completely sound-proof, Skywalker-Sound-Quality recording booth!

IMG_20150121_154632429.jpgIMG_20150121_154632429.jpg
#210 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, Ken. I must have been drinking.

No need to apologize. We were both drinking. We both laughed and became fast friends. I was an instant Bryan Kelly fan.

In all seriousness, That line would be hilarious! I could voice it for ya!

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

As long as we're making requests (my down payment for amh goes out end of the week), is it possible to add a midnight madness mode like some of the Williams titles?

Further crazy idea: What about an optional feature (of course) to have the machine do an hourly chime (think grandfather clock)? It could just be a grandfather clock styled in a spooky sound (chime with a slight echo, wind in the background), or more thematic "(1st part of Westminster quarter chimes)Its 8 PM and you're not ghost hunting yet??".

Crazy idea, just figured I'd share it.

#212 9 years ago

The game doesn't have a RTC, so can't do midnight magic or chime on hours. Sorry...

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

We were both drinking.

I'm fully aware of that, dipshit.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm fully aware of that, dipshit.

Sorry, meant to say I'm still drinking. But you probably are aware of that too! Magic Pinball Juice for life!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#216 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Alyson our producer was "Dumb Valley Girl" so I had her record new WIKI lines already in our state-of-the-art, completely sound-proof, Skywalker-Sound-Quality recording booth!

Is that a Rode NTK?

#217 9 years ago

It's a Samson brand USB mic. Can't recall model #.

The new business park we're in, there's a recording studio on the other side of the parking lot. Maybe I can look into that for additional voices on Game 2.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

benheck said:

If any owners could make a list of which switches they don't feel make a sound, or should make more of a sound, I can address that in the V18 update.
I also want Tech Wiki and Psychic to do more.

This is why I bought the game without ever playing one! (Also they're letting me make payments.)

You've got someone who cares about the code and is willing to improve it!

Also, owning one of 150 makes this pin a no brainier for my collection.

Thanks Ben and Spooky Pinball!

+1 Me too! That's what awesome about this Company.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The new business park we're in, there's a recording studio on the other side of the parking lot. Maybe I can look into that for additional voices on Game 2.

You heard it here first everyone Game 2 is on its way.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Or you can just grab a few decent microphones and a decent pre-amp/audio interface and DIY! Mics aren't that expensive (and you should have a few for a range of male/female voices), but studio time is! If you'd like any help with mic selection/engineering/processing/mastering, let me know. I'd be happy to help. I've got more experience in that department than any other.

Is the diaphragm on that Samson mic mounted like a dynamic mic? Looks like the mic is set up so that you aren't speaking directly into the diaphragm in the picture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-who-have-played-amhgrade-it/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.