Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sandersj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am in on MMR and have been reading the new threads and it seems that we still have some here on Pinside that need to discuss the centering of the art, playfield, and coin mechs and any other concerns.

I had some concerns and am frustrated that it was not been delivered on time. I called Rick spoke to him directly and let him know my concerns.

I just wanted to open this thread so that people that start new unboxing threads can have those threads not get so bogged down with the concerns about MMR. I hope to be starting one of my own first NIB experience threads. I know there are other threads I can post in but for the past 2 plus years I have been looking forward to the day I buy a NIB and can post all kinds of pics.

Feel free to post all of the concerns here.

#2 4 years ago

My major concern is the amount of time I can dedicate to playing it!

#3 4 years ago

I still have my issue with getting the shaker motor to work and got a replacement but it did not fix the problem and have had no time to fix it since I am playing it and is a pain to keep taking the glass off and opening it to fix the shaker, no big deal but now I am looking at wiring and voltages and fuses which I did not have those mini fuses and ordered some mini 5 volts so next time I trouble shoot it and it is a fuse I will have one, instead of needing one then putting and taking the glass off again for like the eleventh time. Had it off to adjust flippers like 3 times, off to install Merlin Hole protector and anti bounce foam, and off many time to see why the shaker doesn't shake. Also took glass off to level it. Just rather play it than try to fix it and was expecting to not have to do so, so many times. It does play fine and did not have any other major issues besides the shaker.

#4 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure all the concerns have been beat to death.

Also don't think we need a separate thread for each unboxing...

If there is a new issue (perhaps the shaker motor issue is one), open up a specific thread to that. But saying "put concerns here" seems to invite rehashing of well known and thoroughly discussed issues that don't provide anything new.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure all the concerns have been beat to death.
Also don't think we need a separate thread for each unboxing...
If there is a new issue (perhaps the shaker motor issue is one), open up a specific thread to that. But saying "put concerns here" seems to invite rehashing of well known and thoroughly discussed issues that don't provide anything new.

I am trying to avoid people who post an unboxing getting all the concerns raised in that thread that is all.

#6 4 years ago

I got mine a few days ago and its been on continuously in a burn in and here's the issues I've had.

1) DOA out of box with a stuck closed slam tilt switch. Wiggled and tugged on coin door harness connector and that fixed it.

2) Flippers HORRIBLY out of alignment. But easy fix and that's a Stern problem.

3) Catapult habitrail out of alignment but that's an easy fix. There's a thread on that now.

4) It uses 12V for a dollar bill acceptor which is non standard and forced me to order a DBA rather than just use the ones I buy in bulk at cheaper prices.

5) Standard art out of alignment issues.

6) No setup instructions in box

7) Mine has developed a sound issue, there's noise in the audio and it sounds crappy. I didn't notice this for the first few days but its there now or maybe I'm just noticing it.

And speaking of sound, I can't adjust the volume lower that "8". I can move it up and back down to 8 but not below 8.

And despite all this I'm still a very happy customer. Damn fun machine.

#7 4 years ago

8 is the wpc default, you need to go into the menu and enable min volume override. then you can go lower

#8 4 years ago

Thanks Calvin! Once again the hive mind comes to the rescue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 87.00
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.50
$ 89.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
€ 9.10
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
€ 3.70
$ 399.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside