New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 131941)

For those thinking about buying KISS

By PersonX99

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TomGWI
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2015-07-01-10-01-53.png
11705111_10152799692927396_2889545898354158148_n.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I'm strongly considering it. I just love pinball even though I suck at it.

Anyway, if you are considering a KISS, are you leaning toward Pro or Premium? Any reasons why one over the other.

I played the pro. It is good. Wish it was fully RGB like ST Prem (which looks awesome). What about the ball lock feature? Yes? No? Don't care?

Discuss....

#2 5 years ago

Premium features, expanded color changing LEDs and GI would be nice but not necessary. I figured the pro will be more like ST pro and less like AC DC pro. I'm digging my ST pro and didn't feel like I gave up too much at all and the extra money saved actually made the KISS pro happen sooner. It was the right choice for me.

Alan

#3 5 years ago

I'm considering a premium in about 2 years...

#4 5 years ago

New member here. I sent a dealer a wire for the KISS Pro last week after initially inquiring about the LE. Then over the weekend, saw more pics of the LE that are floating around, and had a strong struggle within not to change my Pro order back to an LE.

In the end, I'm content with the Pro i'll be getting delivered soon. My justification was I could use the extra money on the topper, the inside blades, the Ikon knobs, and those sweet Gene Simmons axe sides here in another thread and still come out 2k cheaper than getting the LE.

Plus Im new to Pinball machines, Im a KISS fanatic first. I was concerned that the additions the LE offered were 1) possibly underwhelming, and 2)the maintenance needed for the extra lights and other features over time might cost more out of pocket than the Pro.

I loved playing the Metallica Pro here at a local pub with a buddy and always dreamed about having the original Bally kiss machine. Im really hoping both the fun of playing a pinball machine with a friend and finally having a KISS pinball machine make me a happy owner.

#5 5 years ago

Congrats! Nice to see new blood in the hobby!!!

For your reason #2 it's no different but pro seems like it was still a good choice.

#6 5 years ago

I am as big a fan of the band as you get and I am going pro, not many game play differences in my mind? As a Duff stated, this one will be like Trek and the differences will be cosmetic.

#7 5 years ago

Mine just arrived. I'll set it up soon and give a review. Fingers crossed it's not messed up like the one my buddy got yesterday.

11705111_10152799692927396_2889545898354158148_n.jpg

#8 5 years ago

I'm on the fence and have limited room (really need to sell before I buy) . I might be passing on Kiss and play the waiting game for a VE of something else. I'm actually good with waiting and seeing how things sort out.

#9 5 years ago

Huge KISS and pinball fan my whole life. No way possible I wasn't going to buy one. This will be my first pinball ever purchased. Ordered the Pro almost immediately but quickly changed to the Premium. I feel the upgrades are well worth the price increase. I want that big ass Gene head to do everything its supposed to. Magnetized Love Gun MB, drop targets and full LED kit!! The LE just wasn't for me. I couldn't justify the price increase for cosmetics and a few signatures. But no offense to those who grabbed one...they're beautiful machines and I'm sure you'll love it.

#10 5 years ago

I want the Tyson Premium edition...

#11 5 years ago

Still waiting for my LE to show up

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I want the Tyson Premium edition...

Lol that's f-ked up.

#13 5 years ago

Le on the way!!! The only way to go.

#14 5 years ago

This is my first pinball purchase. I have a premium ordered and keep going back and forth on upping to LE. I have a hard time justifying the price difference for a few cosmetic differences. I wouldn't mind being pushed over the edge though! I like the color of the LE better, and they will be delivered sooner...

Anything else I am missing?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

This is my first pinball purchase. I have a premium ordered and keep going back and forth on upping to LE. I have a hard time justifying the price difference for a few cosmetic differences. I wouldn't mind being pushed over the edge though! I like the color of the LE better, and they will be delivered sooner...

The LE will hold it's value/possibly increase in value better than the Premium.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

I'm told they are going to be building the Premium's coincident with the LE's. I'd stick with the Premium, the idea that LE's are a better investment is speculation. Some are, some aren't...depends on the title (I've owned all flavors over the years).

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

that ship has sailed unless you want to pay a premium as all the les are sold out. I was offered 1k over what I paid for my le already.

#18 5 years ago

I don't understand why people keep saying they are sold out. They are sold out from Stern to the distributors (just like pretty much every other LE)...but they are still available at the normal LE 'street' price.

You can buy an LE here...
http://gameexchange.biz/collections/new-stern-pinball-free-shipping-special/products/kiss-pinball-limited-depoit

Quoted from robotron:

that ship has sailed unless you want to pay a premium as all the les are sold out. I was offered 1k over what I paid for my le already.

#19 5 years ago

That's pretty funny. $2k down but no info on the final purchase price?

#20 5 years ago

Played a pro last night for about 6 games. Its def a fun machine. Cant wait for. My bosses le.

#21 5 years ago

If you're serious, start calling distributors. Get their unpublished street price. They can't post street prices due to their agreements with Stern - only MSRP can be posted. If you really want an LE, it'll be worth calling multiple distributors asking if they have any LE's left in their particular allotment.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm sure if you called he would give you a range of what he expects the price to be. Distributors are never allowed to post prices other than MSRP anyway.

#23 5 years ago

I played tonight at Joystix in Houston.....one MAJOR issue...Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly. they left off the H, Pittsburg....unless they meant Pittsburg, Kansas, then they were correct....is that correction part of this update?

#24 5 years ago

He posted that before pricing was finalized. Call him and he will tell you the price and it's the best !!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I played tonight at Joystix in Houston.....one MAJOR issue...Pittsburgh is spelled incorrectly. they left off the H, Pittsburg....unless they meant Pittsburg, Kansas, then they were correct....is that correction part of this update?

Yes

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

$8195 shipped

#27 5 years ago

What is msrp on the LE?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

What is msrp on the LE?

Ferrari

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

What is msrp on the LE?

$8795

#30 5 years ago

Better question is what are people paying.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Better question is what are people paying.

$7800

#32 5 years ago

Pittsburgh is spelled correctly on 1.02 code

#33 5 years ago

Let my Le spot go for a premium
Saved $1500.00
That much more for a number, back glass, and artwork etc.
I have owned lots of Le's and the only Le's ive owned that held value IMO are ACDC LE, ST, Metallica, and Tron

To each is own in this world, as long as we all get what we can afford and have fun IS WHAT MATTERS MOST!!!!!!!

Pincades
JT

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Let my Le spot go for a premium
Saved $1500.00
That much more for a number, back glass, and artwork etc.
I have owned lots of Le's and the only Le's ive owned that held value IMO are ACDC LE, ST, Metallica, and Tron
To each is own in this world, as long as we all get what we can afford and have fun IS WHAT MATTERS MOST!!!!!!!
Pincades
JT

Yeah but the only differences with those games are number, backglass and Artwork!
ACDC BIB is the only one that goes for crazy money and I still don't know why.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wilmington, DE
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside