Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by badpenny61
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I prefer machines without LED's so I see them as a PITA to have to remove. LED's add no value in my eyes.

What I find kind of funny is the new breed of "pinball repair guys" that think if the clean a playfield and install LED's they are pinball techs yet they are clueless when it comes to actual repairs. Buying a machine and installing LED's isn't "fixing a machine up" or going through a machine getting it 100%.

LED's look good in some machines but I wouldn't pay a dime more for a machine with LED's

#16 9 years ago

LED's, Decals, Shopped - etc are all basically case by case bases depending on what buyer is looking for.

When I am getting a game ready to sell the first thing I do is to be sure everything works 100%, boards look good or are repaired as necessary, harnesses repaired & boards repined as necessary, machine is cleaned up as good as possible but completely as found as far as touch up etc., And then I either fully shop or lightly shop the machine depending on how dirty playfield is and how nice machine is overall.

Once done I play & enjoy every machine for at least a month. At that point I decided if I like it well enough to replace something in the collection or if it gets sold. (Since our space is limited to about 25 to 30 machines and space is always fully every machine I buy now has to replace something else if I decide to keep it long term).

I don't believe in doing a ton of cosmetic work on machines - I feel the buyer will know better exactly how far they want to go with that. I don't add LED's - again everyone feels differently about them. I don't do a lot of mods or add a lot of unnecessary stuff - just make sure game plays great and looks good.

My thoughts are "over the top" might be going to far for the buyer so why do it? Do a nice job and price machines accordingly!

Just my 2 cents on how far is too far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.50
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-that-sell-pins?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.