(Topic ID: 19254)

For those of you that missed the other thread - Update from JJP

By Pinchroma

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ash.gif
    popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    controversy.jpg
    8534_233c.gif
    25i0l0l.gif
    30051g6396.gif
    RJJ.jpg
    DILLON_predator.gif
    1255ov9.gif
    thingheads.gif
    Nv3se.gif
    hairy_big_eyes.gif
    duh_smiley.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago

I nominate Robert for best placed .gif of the day. Sorry Ted.

does not copy it is on page 2 30th post from the top.

#102 11 years ago

I just assumed that WOZ pre-order folks wouldn't speak out about any concers for fear that Jack will cancel their pre-order. He threatened to do it before when he was selling those high quality Stern games. The whole "don't post on RGP that I am raising your pre-order prices or I will cancel your order" fiasco... Classic.

It still amazes me that so many people have just swept that under the rug along with the fact that he was all about selling those quality Stern game to anyone that would hand him some money....untill he stopped selling them and then they became cardboard boxes that you had to struggle to get the ball up a ramp. Just think...he sold those same games to people for years while talking them up with a smile on his face.

So was he telling the truth when he was selling the Stern games...or is he telling the truth about them being crap.....because 1 must be the truth and the other is a lie. Is any folks buying a WOZ that actually bought a Stern from Jack back in his "Jack played it. He likes it." days? I guess you could still rationalize it by saying it was / is just his job, but I still can't understand anyone using the words "honest" or "integrity" when describing Jack. "Driven", "dedicated", "personable" and "a good salesman" yes..... but I don't see how anyone could really believe anything that he says about his opinion on a game or it's quality.

Bottom line is, if he's selling a game (it doesn't matter who's game it is) he's going to say it's great, it doesn't matter what his opinion really is of it.

...but a little bit more on the original topic. Getting into game transfers, transfer fees and things like that. It just seems silly. Sell a game to a person. If they cancel the order...give them their money back. If they don't cancel the order....ship them their game. If the person wants to change where it is shipped to....then change where it is shipped to and charge them the additional shipping if it's higher. Give them a partial refund if it is cheaper. To be honest, the only reason I would allow the change of shipping address is because they are behind on their production schedule. Otherwise I would go with a take it or leave it pre-order plan.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

After some coolheaded discussion, Alex is right in his points. I still feel I am right in mine.
    PBH is entitled to his opinions. However wrong they are.

Stay Classy Gambit. ; )

What we've learned from this is that for every 1 person who is upset with the WOZ progress, there's approximately 300-1000+ who are content to wait and let the machine be delivered when it's ready. And that it's not worth arguing about. The game will come out when it comes out. Gambit whining about it will have zero effect on that. And me arguing with Gambit is equally futile. Lesson learned.

#104 11 years ago

Well, we will see. If anyone is going to have their pre-order canceled it would be me at this point, I would think. I'm not demanding a refund. But if demanding some straight talk gets me booted off the boat, then it isn't a boat I wanted to be on as it turns out.

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

But I would propose you are clearly in the minority when it comes to wanting WOZ to have a shallow ruleset.

You bloody moron, you have missed the forest for the trees all day. Just shut up and move on, Dweedle Dee. You have no idea about the support I have, nor the specific mentions I have received about you and your idiocy on these boards. Put a sock in it and keep away from me.

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

You bloody moron, you have missed the forest for the trees all day. Just shut up and move on, Dweedle Dee. You have no idea about the support I have, nor the specific mentions I have received about you and your idiocy on these boards. Put a sock in it and keep away from me.

I'll tell you what Clint. Save your strength for HAAG and I'll give you the pleasure of saying that to my face.

#107 11 years ago

What if I moved? What is it jacks business who gets my game. He did not ask where my money came from? This is by far the silliest newb thread ever.

Btw he collected 7 million dollars in pre-order money. Whoever says jack had the money is a putz and unless you are his accountant shut up. We funded the build of the production line and the game and the hiring of staff. He should bend over backwards and appreciate all the pre order folks.

If the game was delivered already this would not be an issue tying up someone's money. it is one game of 1000. Really? Penalties? Oh boy. What happens when I get it - I can't resell it unless I beg jack?

Btw the trolling when someone can't respond and has to post profanity to shut the thread is a real stand up member here. That is why RGP lives and continues to have a lively discussion without 3 year olds posting titties.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'll tell you what Clint. Save your strength for HAAG and I'll give you the pleasure of saying that to my face.

So now we get implications of violence? Really?

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yeah a classic internet bully ! LMAO

Jim

#110 11 years ago

What in the world is HAAG?

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I pushed his buttons. Dish it, take it. The world goes 'round. Se la vie.

#112 11 years ago

It's simple. Anything I will write about someone, I'll say in front of them, to them. I'm not going to talk crap about someone behind their back, and I don't like people who do.

I wasn't suggesting any violence. I am offering Gambit the opportunity to demonstrate to me that he has a pair, and isn't just a passive-aggressive cyber-whiner.

Edit: HAAG is the group that puts on the Houston Arcade Expo. It's happening in November. I'll be there for anybody that wants to call me names. We can even roll camera so your intellectual superiority can be captured in all its technicolor glory.

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Things get deleted from the WOZ owners message board. 100% true. Ask Chocky. A thread he got into it in with a bunch of guys disappeared. There has been some discussion on those boards about this stuff, too. Saw it today.
    But regarldless, that Google Group is nothing but Jack's harem of hard core ass kissers. You get such titillating discussion as weekly "Let's All Thank Jack for the Greatest Machine Ever Built" threads. Vomit.

Things get deleted from the comment section on FB from Stern and there old now non-existent message board. Your point.

#114 11 years ago

I posted my phone number and name on this board. You want an actual picture of my nut sack, dude? What more can I offer? Nothing is being said behind your back.

And I am still clueless as to what HAAG means.

#115 11 years ago

Ok this thread has gone far enough. When it escalates to this point it's no longer just 2 people agreeing to disagree.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Things get deleted from the comment section on FB from Stern and there old now non-existent message board. Your point.

True. But the issue was the suggestion that there was no complaining or concern on the WOZ boards. I was merely pointing out that the thread that had some issues brought up today was already shut down, and that they do purge the boards of threads and posts - making the screenshot irrelevant.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I posted my phone number and name on this board. You want an actual picture of my nut sack, dude? What more can I offer? Nothing is being said behind your back.
    And I am still clueless as to what HAAG means.

-9999999999. No sack pics please

I know people want to play the big shooter rod card but keep the balls in the trough!

#118 11 years ago

We are all cool here. I operate at this temperature all day. I'm not making any threats or implications here. Just for the record.

#119 11 years ago

I have googled, wiki'd, and asked everyone around here...no clue on HAAG

#120 11 years ago

I dont have the popcorn emjoli (or whatever its called) but if I did it would be right here.

#121 11 years ago

kapper's just here for the nutsack pics.

#122 11 years ago

I dont have the popcorn emjoli (or whatever its called) but if I did it would be right here.

Let me help you with that.

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

kapper's just here for the nutsack pics.

Think spfxted has some of those animated?

#124 11 years ago

If he does, IBTL!!!

#125 11 years ago

This thread has run its course. I will not continue any vitriol into other threads.

PBH, I don't know if I am going to the Houston show. If I do, I will find you and we can talk. I will tell you what I meant and that I think you were being obtuse today. I will then listen to what you have to say. If you punch me in the face, it will be far from the first time I got decked for my mouth. Whatever.

#126 11 years ago

Get this thread a talk show... It has more drama than The Jerry Springer Show... Most of here are dudes, let's starting acting like it... Let's all relax, drink a few beers or whatever your into, play some pinball and chillax. Don't you all have enough drama in your personal/work life???

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Where's your evidence of this? I've never seen it. None of the posts on his forum are held for moderation. I have not seen anything ever deleted.
    OTOH, it's common knowledge Stern does this, but I've never seen anything on the JJP board get censored.

Assuming such a person actually existed (which remains to be seen) they have numerous options to get their money back, none of which require inflammatory and dramatic posts in public forums.

I saw my own comments deleted twice!

#128 11 years ago

Just wait guys I've got a load of intel.. Wait tell you see the pictures of the playfield and the MONSTER dimples! You'll need a pitching wedge to get the ball out of these bad boys!! If you like the drywall screw mod just wait!!

// Error: Image 33232 not found //

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Just wait guys I've got a load of intel.. Wait tell you see the pictures of the playfield and the MONSTER dimples! You'll need a pitching wedge to get the ball out of these bad boys!! If you like the drywall screw mod just wait!!

It was supposedly not a finished playfield that you saw.
    We will have to wait until we see the location games to see how they hold up.

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Real smart to pick apart a MODEL of what the game will lean toward. They never said this game was "Complete" nor "Finished" by any stretch.
    Another thread turned to crap by the SAME PEOPLE..... Move to another forum already.

#131 11 years ago

Yeah, to be fair, haven't they said that that PF had no clear on it, b/c it wouldn't have had time to cure? I recall something like that being explained.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, to be fair, haven't they said that that PF had no clear on it, b/c it wouldn't have had time to cure? I recall something like that being explained.

That is indeed what Jack said when someone asked about the dimpling of the beta a couple weeks ago.

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

correct and the fact someone is harping on an incomplete game using screws behind a visible portion that clearly wasn't ready in the game is just stupid.

Btw exejet has no "intel". He is no one when it comes to having inside information so please don't take a word of his crap with anything more than a grain of salt. He is this months bvm and will likely be banned soon for his constant crap.

Im pretty sure gambit will agree with me on this one

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

2 part urethanes can cure in 8 hours and be buffed out in 4.

#135 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The game was barely working and you think they were worried about clear coat.
    Really?

I think they will get it sorted out but I bet clear coat was not on the top of their list.

#136 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I thought that experts said that clearcoats on playfields need a couple of weeks to cure properly for pinball.

#137 11 years ago

Oy! I come back to this!

Ash.gifAsh.gif

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

What we've learned from this is that for every 1 person who is upset with the WOZ progress, there's approximately 300-1000+ who are content to wait and let the machine be delivered when it's ready.

I think that is a huge exaggeration. I'm not happy (and I know people who feel the same way) with the under delivering and I told Jack about it too. He explained why and I am cool with that. But I am not going to sit here or on the WOZ group and play cheerleader and blow smoke up his ass. He has to get moving or Stern is going to catch up before he ships all his games.

If I were Stern I would jump on this opportunity and get their LCD out first. This is what I believe they intend to do with Avengers. If they do succeed, that will put a large dent in Jacks sales. WOZ may be a better game in the end but all those Stern pre-orders will take away potential regular model WOZ sales. Jack has to get his games shipping quick.

Also about the WOZ forum. I know of at least two threads that have been deleted. However it's Jacks forum and he can do what he wants. No argument from me.

Pappy

#139 11 years ago

I am closing this thread. The update is posted and the discussion has run its course. Nothing else good will come from further discussion here. There are still a hundred other threads to discuss WOZ. Please use them and try not to issue threats to other members. It takes away from valid discussion.

EDIT: I wanted to ensure you all know that the previous post by pappy was not the post that made me decide to close the thread. You can see I closed it over an hour after his post, that is just when I read everything and felt it did not not to go further. There were several posts that drove me to that decision.

The mods do not see every post as that go up. We see the threads just like you all do and read them in the same format. We only have a few more option buttons. When a thread gets closed it is when we find it, not always the last comment.

I have said it before, try and read every post and make it so you have zero unread threads. You need to actually read them all and not just skim over them. That is the way only way we can do it. We all have other things to do as well. I was traveling yesterday so I was not on the forum for most of the day. Today I will miss a while because I am going to Kentucky speedway to watch the truck race tonight.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-of-you-that-missed-the-other-thread-update-from-jjp/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.