(Topic ID: 32595)

For those of you that have played wozle how similar is it to tspp?

By dannunz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a tspp and will be getting my wozle soon. Was wondering if you guys think they can get along together or would one get boring? Or should I trade the Simpsons and get a TRON or wh2o? Please check out my lineup and give me ur opinion. Thanks

#2 11 years ago

We don't know the rules of WOZ yet. In its current "iPlay & Pin Show" state it's incredibly boring and doesn't play as well as TSPP. From the shots and layout alone, I think TSPP will remain the better game despite WOZ's technology and build quality.

#3 11 years ago

I don't think they feel the same physically at all.

#4 11 years ago

As a TSPP owner and WOZ buyer I had the same concerns but after playing WOZ at Expo it really doesn't feel or play anything like TSPP. Sure there will likely be similarities in how the rule-set is structured and the layout does look somewhat similar but that's about it. The widebody vs. standard playfield as well as Williams components vs. Stern makes for a huge difference in how the game actually plays. I think the games are less similar than say T2 vs. ACDC, or AFM vs. SM, Tron vs. Congo, Austin Powers vs IM, etc. With that being said I hope that JJP makes the Hobbit more of a ramp based flow game since the play-style of games like TSPP and WOZ are somewhat similar.

#5 11 years ago

This may be a bit off topic, but I was looking at the pics on the brochure of the WOZ and it looks to me like there will be a shot back to the shooter lane. Looks like you can hold the right flipper up and shoot the ball from the lower left flipper, off the underneath of the upper right flipper diverting the ball back into the shooter lane. Sorry if this is old news but I hadn't seen it anywhere. Looks cool if that's the case.

#6 11 years ago

TSPP will probably still be the better pin.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

This may be a bit off topic, but I was looking at the pics on the brochure of the WOZ and it looks to me like there will be a shot back to the shooter lane. Looks like you can hold the right flipper up and shoot the ball from the lower left flipper, off the underneath of the upper right flipper diverting the ball back into the shooter lane. Sorry if this is old news but I hadn't seen it anywhere. Looks cool if that's the case.

Yes..that is correct sir

#8 11 years ago

As a TSPP owner and WOZ buyer I had the same concerns but after playing WOZ at Expo it really doesn't feel or play anything like TSPP. Sure there will likely be similarities in how the rule-set is structured and the layout does look somewhat similar but that's about it. The widebody vs. standard playfield as well as Williams components vs. Stern makes for a huge difference in how the game actually plays. I think the games are less similar than say T2 vs. ACDC, or AFM vs. SM, Tron vs. Congo, Austin Powers vs IM, etc. With that being said I hope that JJP makes the Hobbit more of a ramp based flow game since the play-style of games like TSPP and WOZ are somewhat similar.

Well put answer!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

No bias coming from you right ?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

No bias coming from you right ?

Um, no. I think WOZ does have better technology like the LCDs, but like rarehero said, the shots and layout will probably be better on TSPP.

#11 11 years ago

I've played WOZ and own TSPP and in my opinion, TSPP is a much more fun and a better pin.

(..and yeah, I know the WOZ code isn't complete, etc...)

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've played WOZ and own TSPP and in my opinion, TSPP is a much more fun and a better pin.

Of course it is...the lighting effects, sound and, most importantly, rules are not there yet.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Um, no. I think WOZ does have better technology like the LCDs, but like rarehero said, the shots and layout will probably be better on TSPP.

Yeah, for example - you just think about the upper right flipper shot. On TSPP you can shoot the Kwik-E-Mart loop (to the bully targets), the Treehouse ramp, the Comic Book Guy Hurryup target, or into the pops. on WOZ you sort of only have the Witch target as a clean shot from the upper flipper. Looks like you can hit the lower bumper but due to the layout the ball's likely to just pop out. On TSPP you can get it into the bumpers which is more satisfying (to me anyway).

Compare the kickout saucers. On TSPP you've got 3 drop targets to access the saucer. WOZ is just an open saucer. I find the drop reveal to be more fun.

WOZ has 2 upper pfs compared to TSPP's 1...but I find the TV start & the ramp-to-couchlock to be more fun than making the house spin or opening the castle doors to reveal a kickout saucer.

Again - hoping the rules actually make WOZ fun...but compared to TSPP, I'm still not feeling it from a pure physical standpoint at this time.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like you can hit the lower bumper but due to the layout the ball's likely to just pop out. On TSPP you can get it into the bumpers which is more satisfying (to me anyway).

On WOZ you can shoot it into the bumpers to the target on the left side...I thought you played this game?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Of course it is...the lighting effects, sound and, most importantly, rules are not there yet.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

(..and yeah, I know the WOZ code isn't complete, etc...)

Yeah... I sorta alluded to that.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

If this turns out to be the case then WoZ will be the fastest sold nib pin I ever buy.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If this turns out to be the case then WoZ will be the fastest sold nib pin I ever buy.

Agreed...but to me that doesn't look to be the case. Time will tell.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

On WOZ you can shoot it into the bumpers to the target on the left side...I thought you played this game?

Yeah, I guess you can get it into the Crystal ball from there, too. When I played it at PPE the flippers were so weak you could barely hit the Witch from the upper flipper, let alone the other things. I still think the Kwik-E loop & Treehouse ramp are more fun upper flipper shots than the ones on WOZ...but to each their own.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I still think the Kwik-E loop & Treehouse ramp are more fun upper flipper shots than the ones on WOZ...but to each their own

Yep...total agreement there. The drops over I&S are better than nothing too. I always have wondered about the lack of shots from that upper right flipper on WOZ. You NEED a ramp or loop from that thing...and I would think there is room under the castle pf to do it. (?) Seems silly to have a flipper that can only hit targets. I suppose you can get it into the winkie guard target/VUK from that flipper too.

#20 11 years ago

Does the ball travel under the upper play fields at all such as it does under 'the powers' pf on TZ?

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does the ball travel under the upper play fields at all such as it does under 'the powers' pf on TZ?

I think just by the main orbit and from the lane exit pretty much like IJ...which concerns me some because sometimes it takes forever for the ball to exit left out the bumpers on IJ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.50
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 91.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 45.95
$ 16.95
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-those-of-you-that-have-played-wozle-how-similar-is-it-to-tspp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.