3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lathroum
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I am an admitted system 3 fan...

Sherman tank reliability for the most part, quirky layouts/rules/art/themes.

However...

They were seemingly 10 years behind everyone else at the time, there is a monopoly on parts and manuals, quirky layouts/rules/art/themes, and let's face it: put an "A" list sys 3 (is there such a thing as an "A" list sys 3 ?) next to a "B/C" list B/W from the same era, and tell me which one you ae going to play every time? They aren't even in the same league.

Carguments aside, I've heard the comparison made that if B/W was Cadillac, then DE would be Hyundai...but what would Gottlieb be? I'm not going to say Yugo, but I would say 80's General Motors C-10 trucks; rock solid, but otherwise, spartan.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well in the em days gottlieb was the Cadillac, in the 90’s maybe I agree with your c10

Oh yeah, no doubt.

Again, I love me some system 3, but they are priced accordingly on the collector's/player's market when compared to their contemporaries. Maybe even a little high, but the same could be said for pinball as a whole.

Now that we are down this rabbit hole, take the arguably most coveted system 3, Stargate, and put it next to Fish Tales or The Getaway. While the latter 2 have less "features", they have significantly more polish in their artwork, rules, music, and overall execution. All 3 are priced pretty similarly on the used market, but I can almost guarantee that the majority of people would rather play or own FT or HS2. While system 3's usually had lots of stuff on the playfield, they just weren't as well integrated into the overall theme of the particular game.

Even compared to a lot of B/W system 11's, I think most people would still rather have and play an older, mid-level game like Mousin' Around or Taxi to most newer Gottlieb System 3's.

All that said, I still really enjoy all of the system 3's, especially the street level games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-the-love-of-gottlieb-system-3-dmds?tu=Grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.