7-392.jpg
6-42.jpg
3-493.jpg
4-413.jpg
ry%3D400.jpg
normal_23_s_Chevelle.jpg
Large2985!2011-7-29!20H32M27S.jpg
1978_ford_pinto-pic-23312.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Retropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

For the Love of God People, don't you all realize that in the not too distant future there will be NO MORE incandescent bulbs manufactured. Factories all over the world are closing out production of incandescent bulbs, even in China. Granted it is still probably going to take years before all of the supply of incandescent bulbs dry up, but get used to putting Led's in everything unless you want a dark game.

That's BS.. im in the lighting industry and LED isn't the great gift from god they are sold as.. if the LED companies had their way there would be no other form of lighting and you would be left with no choice but LED.. its a ghastly light.. many of the pins shown look bloody awful with LED. But, we are simple creatures and like moths are attracted to pretty lights and if your pin looks different with LED then its better yes??.. well not quite.. it looks different to what it looked like before and seeing as you've been looking at it for say 10 - 20 years then you put it down to an improvement. MY guess is that everyone who LED'd their EM game suddenly had a 2nd or 3rd life for it and had to play the game again after neglecting it for however long. You've neglecting the game cos you got bored with it.. when the same feeling comes across after LED what you going to do?... Personally, I hate the damn fiddly things with their narrow band lighting. Ive got machines from 1936 up and my earliest games still have the same incandescent bulbs in them still going strong.. that's nearly 70 years those bulbs have lasted and no crazing on the backglasses... but then again, they weren't mass produced in China then were they.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

let me guess.... the segment of the lighting industry you are in doesn't manufacture led's....

We use them, but don't manufacture them. For me to be doing that, id be sitting in a factory in China, Taiwan or Korea

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Retropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-the-love-of-god-peoplestop-leding-ems?tu=Retropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.