(Topic ID: 30387)

For the first time in a while, I actually feel content ...

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Game_Room_#6.JPG
    Game_Room_#5.JPG
    Game_Room_#4.JPG
    Game_Room_#3.JPG
    Game_Room_#2.JPG
    Game_Room_#1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Over the course of the last six months, I really shook up my collection. I got rid of a few games that I was bored with, and I finally added some games that had eluded me for a long time. I honestly feel quite content with my collection for the first time since I have been in the hobby. The gameroom is at maximum capacity, and I really like all the pins currently in my lineup.

Game_Room_#1.JPGGame_Room_#1.JPG Game_Room_#2.JPGGame_Room_#2.JPG Game_Room_#3.JPGGame_Room_#3.JPG Game_Room_#4.JPGGame_Room_#4.JPG Game_Room_#5.JPGGame_Room_#5.JPG Game_Room_#6.JPGGame_Room_#6.JPG

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I thought the pins were limited to the one room?

LOL! My wife came down into the basement yesterday and said, "I noticed that your games have started spilling out into the main room." I was hoping she wouldn't notice.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I love that first picture with the SC in the foreground!

Thanks! I'm thrilled to finally have a nice Safe Cracker in my collection. I had been hunting for one for a very long time, but the right deal never came along. A big thanks to Mike Paris for doing such a great job of preparing it for shipping. I'm always nervous whenever I buy a pin sight unseen, but this game was every bit as nice as Mike said it was.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

that's a clean house

There's usually a bunch of random tools, LEDs, and other crap lying all over the place. I cleaned it up for the photo shoot ...

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

It only took 15 pins... does that mean you are done with WOZ and zombieland?

When WOZ comes, I'm going to have to sell something. To be honest, I have no idea what pin I'll get rid of. As for BHZA, I think it's safe to say I have a while before I'll need to worry about making room for that one. As of right now, I'm officially out of the market unless a deal happens to come along that's too good to pass up. To be honest, I'm tired of moving these suckers up and down my stairs.

Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

Great Room Gweem--- What size breaker is in the box to run that room?

I ran four 20 amp circuits solely for the pins.

Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

I was also just looking at the playfield of an airborne and was thinking that's probably fun to play.

I love it! Mine has been apart most of the time I've owned it. I finally got done shopping it the other day, and it is playing great. Really fast and fun game.

Quoted from coasterguy:

You have an awesome family, home and collection Gweem.

Thanks, CG!

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm loving mine too. By the way, my Assault Champion score is about a million higher than yours.

Lol! I honestly don't even know what a good Assault score is. I only played the mode once, and that's what I got. I was surprised I was champ, since I never reset the scores from the previous owner. I haven't even come close to any of the regular high scores on the game.

By the way, I installed Paul Drabik's playfield support rails yesterday. OMG what a difference they make! The ball rolls so much truer now. If you don't already have them on your game, I highly recommend picking some up.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Where did you find the Drabik rails?

Mike included a set with the game.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Nice Airborne Brian ... Oops i mean Gweem

Damn I miss that game

Thanks, Gerry! Your Airborne is another example of a pin I purchased sight unseen that worked out great. Everyone who sees it is amazed by how good of shape it's in. The thing practically looks like it just came out of the box. There isn't even any wear in the shooter lane.

The only other pin I had shipped was my I500. I bought that one from Gambit down in Texas, and it's a beautiful example as well. I much prefer to purchase stuff locally if at all possible. I don't even like driving more than a couple hours for a pin. Some games, however, are simply hard to find. I've learned that when the right one comes along, even if it has to be shipped, you just gotta jump on it.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

Maybe someday i will even get to play it with you..i'd like that..

You are welcome to stop by any time.

By the way, I noticed that Airborne is still listed in your collection.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Did you finish off that basement yourself Gweempose? I think I have the same paint but your choice of carpet was pretty smart. Leg levelers probably don't snag that at all.

The house was built on spec, and the basement was completely finished before we bought it. The only thing I did was add a bunch of low and high voltage wiring all over the place. You should have seen how many holes were in the walls and ceilings when I had the guys running cables for my network. That's the problem with a completely finished and drywalled basement. A drop ceiling would have been way more convenient, but it would have sacrificed head room.

I kind of hate the carpet. It's a rather cheaply made berber. I've snagged it pretty bad a bunch of times. One of the worst was when I was sliding a folded up game, and I forgot to remove the backbox latch ... d'oh! I love having my pins on carpet sliders, though. It makes it so easy to move games around when I want to work on them. I also think carpet is much better than a hard floor when it comes to sound. It helps to absorb the noise and makes the room much less echoey.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-the-first-time-in-a-while-i-actually-feel-content?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.