(Topic ID: 166043)

For sale/trade: Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

By Agent_Hero

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WTF_does_it_say_(resized).jpg
Games_070816_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale/trade: Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

Featured Ad

Added: 2016-08-09 15:07:18 UTC • Ended: August 14th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 5,800

New translite
New speaker panel graphics
Rottendog board for the clock
Replaced a few dozen bulbs with cool white/neutral white LED's

New $300 Rottendog cpu board (reliable +5V, still have the old one but it had some cap leakage--likely repairable, but the Rottendog board is compatible with many other pins of the same era too, so it's kinda handy for troubleshooting purposes)

New flipper rubber (also replaced the flipper coil sleeves, coil stop, EOS switches, and springs)
Replaced some broken plastics, still have a few that haven't been installed because the existing plastics aren't that bad. I have a new "Magna" plastic but need to drill out the old rivets to replace it properly.

Here are a few pictures--the other machines in the background are not available/have been sold.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Rotflmaobbq/library/Twilight%20Zone

Interested in seeing what's out there for trade or cash. Outside of pinball machines, I'm also interested in a linked racing game like San Francisco Rush 2049 for partial trades.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Agent_Hero's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Agent_Hero's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Indianapolis, IN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 155.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Cosmic Craft Company

$ 12.95
$ 139.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Clock Housing Out of stock
Interactive Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

#2 7 years ago

Isn't this a reimport you got from the guy in Warsaw In. That got a container of pins which had issues. Correct me if I'm wrong Luke I too bought one of his pins and sold it for a loss because I was honest and fixed the pin I bought then sold it for its worth. You then transported this to my home uncovered in a truck and tried to screw us on your MET for our Shadow...your MET was not 100% so we sent you on your way after we saw rain was coming. We shrink wrapped your MET and TZ with our shrink wrap to help you from the storm that came. The next day I tried to work things out with the hack you tried to sell us and even offered to come down to Indy but you said you already had it back in your basement. Good luck with your sale.

#3 7 years ago

That escalated quickly.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Isn't this a reimport you got from the guy in Warsaw In. That got a container of pins which had issues. Correct me if I'm wrong Luke I too bought one of his pins and sold it for a loss because I was honest and fixed the pin I bought then sold it for its worth. You then transported this to my home uncovered in a truck and tried to screw us on your MET for our Shadow...your MET was not 100% so we sent you on your way after we saw rain was coming. We shrink wrapped your MET and TZ with our shrink wrap to help you from the storm that came. The next day I tried to work things out with the hack you tried to sell us and even offered to come down to Indy but you said you already had it back in your basement. Good luck with your sale.

Yes, it's a re-import, no it didn't have issues. I'm not sure how you could assess the TZ since it was bundled up, but whatever furthers your narrative I guess. It was dirty, but surface dirt cleans up with minimal effort and there's a decent TZ here now. My Metallica is 100%, minus the ColorDMD that I was not going to include and you knew that. The only thing it was missing was mounting brackets for the non-ColorDMD. So you killed a deal over $10 pieces of hardware that are available anywhere and told me Metallica was a project because of it. Metallica works great and is 100% and I'm glad I didn't take on your re-import (undisclosed) Shadow that needs the flippers replaced...which you didn't mention. After that night, yes I was done with the deal you and I were considering and I brought it into my house (no basement) just to be sure that the deal would be off the table. That's cool that you sent me a friendly PM and then post this nonsense.

Games_070816_(resized).jpgGames_070816_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Ooooo buuuurn glwts

#6 7 years ago

Now, now, boys.

#7 7 years ago

If you have additional information about the seller, that's cool. I believe for sale threads should have as much info as possible. But to just say, "he tried to screw me," is kinda BS. How, specifically? Make your comments constructive not disruptive.

Quoted from Rhlufa:

and tried to screw us on your MET for our Shadow...your MET was not 100%

#8 7 years ago

That's a pretty sweet looking line up, even with the low rider lights!

I actually like that green glow, it's not to dark in that room with the lights off. Very nice touch!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

That's a pretty sweet looking line up, even with the low rider lights!
I actually like that green glow, it's not to dark in that room with the lights off. Very nice touch!

The lights aren't really my style as they were installed by the previous owner, but they're fine. They light up the area and they put out a good amount of light when the Metallica is put between two other non-lit up pins.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you have additional information about the seller, that's cool. I believe for sale threads should have as much info as possible. But to just say, "he tried to screw me," is kinda BS. How, specifically? Make your comments constructive not disruptive.

I went up to Warsaw to take a look at this TZ. Since I was renting a truck and had previously spoken with Rhlufa about trading my Metallica for his Shadow + cash (and I had previously bought his Jurassic Park in a pleasant transaction) I called him and asked if I should go ahead and load up my Metallica and make the hour trip east from Warsaw after visiting the guy with the TZ. I let him know it might end up being 8 or 9 PM by the time I arrived and he was fine with that. It was short notice and the Enterprise rental place I chose had no cargo vans, so I took a large Dodge pickup truck. I had some shrink wrap and blankets and packed them well enough and went on my way.

The stop in Warsaw went longer than I wanted but called him around 8:30 asking if it was still good to go and not too late. Sure, come on over. By the time I arrived at his place it was dark out and I was an unsightly mess in dire need of a shower since it was really humid and I unloaded my pin (GoT) and loaded the TZ I traded it for (+ cash from me). So I was a mess and apologized for arriving in such a foul condition and so late. We unloaded the Metallica, set it up and tried to figure out our pre-arranged agreement of swapping out the ColorDMD that was in the Metallica for the plain DMD that was in the Shadow. Basically, to make the values agreeable, I was going to keep the ColorDMD and he would take the Metallica using the Shadow's DMD. Neither of us had done much research on what was needed as far as mounting brackets or other accessories required for installation and we both realized that this DMD swap would not work without additional mounting brackets/parts/pieces. Also in transit the 2" LCD screen that plays Metallica clips came unplugged.

I suppose those two things made the Metallica appear to be a basketcase because not long after that, he said I brought him a project and he didn't want a project, he wanted a game he could play that night. I apologized and agreed that we should load it back into the truck and I would be on my way since rain was coming. He was nice enough to help re-wrap the games to ensure they remained dry for the 2 hour trip home. I appreciate that because when I got home at 2 AM to unload the TZ and Metallica into my garage, they were perfectly dry. By 2:30 I was in bed.

Later that morning, we restarted dialogue about him possibly making the trip down to complete the trade. Fine, let's chat. It gets down to how much extra is a ColorDMD worth to both of us. The numbers were close, but in the end, I said no deal because I wasn't that enthusiastic about trading a Metallica that needed nothing for a re-import Shadow that had less than my desired flipper strength. We stopped texting for about an hour so I made it a priority to get the pins in the house since the garage was humid. By the time he sent another text, the games were in my house and I was kinda done with the whole ordeal.

I believe that to be an accurate representation of every detail from my perspective. It's a shame that every sale on this forum requires a Master's thesis to sort out all the drama.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I went up to Warsaw to take a look at this TZ. Since I was renting a truck and had previously spoken with Rhlufa about trading my Metallica for his Shadow + cash (and I had previously bought his Jurassic Park in a pleasant transaction) I called him and asked if I should go ahead and load up my Metallica and make the hour trip east from Warsaw after visiting the guy with the TZ. I let him know it might end up being 8 or 9 PM by the time I arrived and he was fine with that. It was short notice and the Enterprise rental place I chose had no cargo vans, so I took a large Dodge pickup truck. I had some shrink wrap and blankets and packed them well enough and went on my way.
The stop in Warsaw went longer than I wanted but called him around 8:30 asking if it was still good to go and not too late. Sure, come on over. By the time I arrived at his place it was dark out and I was an unsightly mess in dire need of a shower since it was really humid and I unloaded my pin (GoT) and loaded the TZ I traded it for (+ cash from me). So I was a mess and apologized for arriving in such a foul condition and so late. We unloaded the Metallica, set it up and tried to figure out our pre-arranged agreement of swapping out the ColorDMD that was in the Metallica for the plain DMD that was in the Shadow. Basically, to make the values agreeable, I was going to keep the ColorDMD and he would take the Metallica using the Shadow's DMD. Neither of us had done much research on what was needed as far as mounting brackets or other accessories required for installation and we both realized that this DMD swap would not work without additional mounting brackets/parts/pieces. Also in transit the 2" LCD screen that plays Metallica clips came unplugged.
I suppose those two things made the Metallica appear to be a basketcase because not long after that, he said I brought him a project and he didn't want a project, he wanted a game he could play that night. I apologized and agreed that we should load it back into the truck and I would be on my way since rain was coming. He was nice enough to help re-wrap the games to ensure they remained dry for the 2 hour trip home. I appreciate that because when I got home at 2 AM to unload the TZ and Metallica into my garage, they were perfectly dry. By 2:30 I was in bed.
Later that morning, we restarted dialogue about him possibly making the trip down to complete the trade. Fine, let's chat. It gets down to how much extra is a ColorDMD worth to both of us. The numbers were close, but in the end, I said no deal because I wasn't that enthusiastic about trading a Metallica that needed nothing for a re-import Shadow that had less than my desired flipper strength. We stopped texting for about an hour so I made it a priority to get the pins in the house since the garage was humid. By the time he sent another text, the games were in my house and I was kinda done with the whole ordeal.
I believe that to be an accurate representation of every detail from my perspective. It's a shame that every sale on this forum requires a Master's thesis to sort out all the drama.

Rulfah seems like a big pain in the ass. i wouldn't want to continue to deal with him either.

#12 7 years ago

There are two sides to every story. If you are thinking about purchasing this pin, just got an see it for yourself. Make your own opinion and decision. If the games plays well, everything is working, and is to your liking, then buy it. If it does not meet your standards or live up to the description, don't buy it. Pretty simple.

Now if people are buying from out of state and paying for shipping, you have to realize that you're going off someone's word and their pictures. Historically there have been some bad eggs out there who aren't always completely honest (not calling you out OP, but there's a track record of that happening.) That's why I always deal locally and see the game in person before purchasing.

#13 7 years ago

Man, between this thread and the other TZ thread, the Pinside FS forums are becoming downright toxic.

#14 7 years ago

I think the easy solution is for sellers here to not allow discussion. I thought about not checking that option when I created this thread. If there is an issue or concern, all of the thread crappers can take it directly to the mods and it can be sorted out that way. This back & forth foolishness in a sale thread from people who have no interest in the item being listed makes the price that I am being charged for the listing not really worth it.

#15 7 years ago

On one hand I see the value of asking legit questions that others may want to know the answer to and have it in a centralized placed so that the same question isnt asked over and over again. On the other hand negative posts CAN certainly deter buyers. I have been working on a deal with Agent_Hero and I have to say I had a feeling of concern after reading the above post this morning... although after thinking about it I couldnt really get much out of the post about this machine other than it was an import (which I knew by the coin door) and that it was transported potentially through the rain. All I know is everything had been laid out (full disclosure), Agent provided additional pictures as well as a video of the machine.

#17 7 years ago

Nothing in this thread beyond the original post makes any fucking sense.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd be tempted to trade my shadow for MET.

There was a fair amount of cash involved with the Shadow.

#19 7 years ago

if it's a pro, I don't even know if i'd except an even up trade.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

good, I thought I was the only one that couldn't read the first couple of posts. They are almost incomprehensible.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you know Crazy Mickey, by chance?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

good, I thought I was the only one that couldn't read the first couple of posts. They are almost incomprehensible.

It would take a CSI team and and expert in dead languages to make any fucking sense of the following gibberish:

"Isn't this a reimport you got from the guy in Warsaw In. That got a container of pins which had issues. Correct me if I'm wrong Luke I too bought one of his pins and sold it for a loss because I was honest and fixed the pin I bought then sold it for its worth. You then transported this to my home uncovered in a truck and tried to screw us on your MET for our Shadow."

#23 7 years ago

all I saw was.....

WTF_does_it_say_(resized).jpgWTF_does_it_say_(resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

Not to derail here but what is a solid example of The Shadow valued at? I've been looking for one as well as a Metallica Premium (I also have a TZ so this thread is keeping me interested).

In any event I wish the OP good luck with his sale. Twilight Zone shouldn't be a hard sell as it seems most people that I know that have been in the scene for a few years or more either currently own or had owned a TZ previously.

#25 7 years ago

i've been offered $4500 for my shadow before. Almost took it.

#26 7 years ago

Why is there so much off-topic banter going on in this thread? Take the Shadow talk to its relevant sub-forum.

#27 7 years ago

actually you are looking for a shadow for MET, so it's actually on topic.

#28 7 years ago

but I'm not. It was an offer made a month ago. You aren't looking to buy from me, and I'm not looking to sell to you. It's off-topic.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

but I'm not. It was an offer made a month ago. You aren't looking to buy from me, and I'm not looking to sell to you. It's off-topic.

The OP is correct. Please keep all posts in this thread on topic and about his game, which is for sale.

If you want to discuss the value of Shadow, or any other game that is not Twilight Zone, please start a new thread.

Thanks.

Marcus

#30 7 years ago

This was not an even trade. It was our Shadow + $1000. I don't look to tant any waters but everything AH said is true with the exception that the TZ he got was not wrapped..and in the back of a pick up with the BB up. As far as flippers needing replaced, no. Shadow was clean and nice. AH never mentioned any issues..he played it then said all was good..then when I mentioned I wanted to see Met up and running ...which ment putting a standard DMD in Met.. The mounting brackets in Met were gone. The DMD could not be installed. We did not know how we could do this and asked AH what we could do. He suggested buying some long screws ....uh no. So we helped AH on his way after helping reload and wrap his pins. The next morning I said we were still interested if he could put in the missing mounting hardware and would also drive the 3 Hr. round to finish the deal. He said he would put his IJ mounting hardware in Met then call me. He did but said it would not work. We offered $250 more if he would include the color DMD. He declined. The only reason I was promoted to post was because after I sent him a PM about his TZ being from the same crate and knew it's condition and what he was asking I was pretty much blown off.

AH is a nice kid. Look at his JP in his collection. He got that from us last June , Kelly and I did all the mods...he mentions how it is the hit hit with his family. "Fantastic!"
Smh!

#31 7 years ago

As far as Shadow it was sold the next day to another Pinsider...for $3150 with the Baldwin translite and the Alrich translight. I'm sure it is in our history. No ill will to AH but don't try and make a few dollars from inflating a price of a pin that has known negative history because you paid to much.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Rulfah seems like a big pain in the ass. i wouldn't want to continue to deal with him either.

This.

#33 7 years ago

Nice.

#34 7 years ago

The same guy who says he doesn't like all of the drama from the Michigan thread...keep the drama up north.

Quoted from Rhlufa:As far as Shadow it was sold the next day to another Pinsider...for $3150 with the Baldwin translite and the Alrich translight. I'm sure it is in our history. No ill will to AH but don't try and make a few dollars from inflating a price of a pin that has known negative history because you paid to much.

"Known negative history"...the only thing you know of its history is that they guy I bought it from sold you a Road Show that wasn't all you thought it would be. I blew off your PM's because it's none of your business as to what I buy, sell, or trade here. That goes for Eric and any other uninterested party who happens to follow my posts. You all are decent people in general but I don't understand this hysteria that comes from what price I put on a game I have up for sale or how quickly I change out my games.

#35 7 years ago

This TZ looks great, Price is right on-point for a re-import IMO... ALL 20 year-old pins have issues of some sort...I'd be interested if I didn't just buy one!! GLWS!!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've been offered $4500 for my shadow before. Almost took it.

You should have

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

I don't look to tant any waters

that's exactly what you're looking to do.

edit: Just saw a thread eject for you. makes sense.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, between this thread and the other TZ thread, the Pinside FS forums are becoming downright toxic.

Exactly why I stopped posting in them.

Last time I had some weirdo harassing me to take pictures of the "headboard" and "drop holes" on my Tron LE (thought I had detailed pictures of the scoop, ramp return inlanes, shooter lane, and trough in the library link provided).

And then he said the LE apron looked weird because it "didn't have the pictures" and accused me of trying to sell a Pro that was converted to an LE.

What a glorious waste of time.

Sorry you had to deal with such a headache OP. GLWTS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 132.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-twilight-zone-bally-1993?hl=minabluemerle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.