(Topic ID: 164287)

For sale/Trade: Rob Zombie's Spookshow Int.- Sold!

By MikeS

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
snowflakes1_(resized).jpg
used_(resized).JPG
Abba_Foil_(resized).jpg
money_booth1_(resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

I guess it comes down to 150 people would LOVE the chance to get the machine at MSRP and honestly its a nice thing to do, I think people here would be surprised that someone would want to buy it and the won't flip it for the money on the table. They wanted the machine and never had the chance because so many people are buying this machine trying to make a quick buck. Its not worth it to you at 8000, but you're not paying 8000 so that argument is lame. I tried explaining to my wife about the term money left on the table. She asked why it had to be so much and why not let one of the 150 have a go at it.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Spooky indicated from the beginning they would be ok with refunds if needed without a time limit.

yeah but the website states

Here is the info from Spooky's page:
Q – What if I change my mind after I make my deposit? Do I get it back?
A – Here’s the deal… we aren’t a big company with buckets of cash, so when you make your deposit, BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR PURCHASE! All games here are basically made per order… From the first day at Spooky Pinball LLC, when we take a deposit it automatically goes directly into funding your game. Please don’t put a deposit down because our games are “limited” and you want to hold a spot in line. We pride ourselves in NOT showing games until they are nearly or fully complete so you know what you’re getting before you commit. Once your deposit is made, we consider the game yours, and you should do the same. We have had a couple customers “sell their spot in line” to friends, and we will work with you if something comes up that creates hardships… but again, your deposit is a commitment to buy, so please treat it as such.

I admire Mike for committing to the sale. He had a legal contract and an ethical contract to do so. He made a commitment to purchase and I agree that the right thing to do is to buy the game, pick it up, and not create any more hassle for Spooky (actually surprised they would even comment in an actual for sale thread). Him selling it is his choice. For all the haters, Mike is a stand up guy and I know his motive was to buy and own the game, but sometimes things change in life. Worth note that Mike is also selling for the lowest price of anyone currently available on the market.

In regards to Spooky policy on refunds, I personally would like them to switch to a only 50% refundable. Keep it simple. 1k down, if at anytime you want your money back then they will refund 50% of it. This would only be fair since they need to deal with the actual refund and reselling a game that you committed to. No need for a hardship excuse. I someone wants to buy a game to speculate then it only seems right that they should have some risk and mitigate this risk from Spooky. Then again, what the hell do I know about running a pinball business...

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When I made the deposit on RZ I was under the impression that my refund was non-refundable as it was never stated as such. My intention all along was to take delivery of my game even though I didn't know what my situation would be 1.5 years later. Even if I pre-sell my game before it is ready to be picked up I am still relieving Spooky of their financial risk as I am following through on a promise to purchase via my deposit. I think it would be a mistake to make all deposits refundable. What happens if the next game is a dud and everyone requests a refund? Then Spooky is left holding the bag. This isn't fair at all! If you make a deposit you should follow through on it or at least find an alternate buyer without having to bring Spooky into the mix. That just brings on more work for them for no additional money/incentive.
As far as the reason that I decided to sell my game there are several. The biggest is that I have young children at home and I fear that this game may not be appropriate for them and possibly scare them. At the time I signed up for the game my son was one and wasn't speaking or into pinball at all so I figured I could buy the game for myself and enjoy it and maybe he wouldn't think anything of it. Now that he is two he's really taken a liking to pinball and knows the names of all the machines and plays them on a daily basis. I also have a 3 mo old daughter and I have a feeling she'll be the same way when she is older. I've already had to sell one game (Strange Science) because my son was terrified of the monkey on the backglass. I was also looking to buy a TWD a little while back and brought my son along to playtest and he started playing but when he looked up at the backglass he got a scared look on his face and said he didn't want to play it any more because it was scary! I have a feeling he may have the same thought's/feelings on RZ and that it's potential stay in my line-up would be limited. The other reason comes down to price. I have no desire to have an $8K+ game at home and would find more value in having a couple of cheaper games (Stern Pro's possibly) at a cheaper price. When I saw that these were being listed for stupid money I saw a chance to save myself the risk of the eventual disappointment of taking delivery of the game and possibly being forced to sell in short time due to pressure from my kids and wife. In the meantime this would also free up the funds that I have allocated for RZ now to spend on a more family friendly title that my kids and I can enjoy now. that's all there is to it. I didn't buy it to flip and circumstances change in people's lives!

Then let someone jump in and take the machine at cost. Most people are happy to break even if they make a big mistake on a purchase. But instead you wanna make a bigger profit then spooky on the machine. If thats the case take your shit sale to ebay or craigslist.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Then let someone jump in and take the machine at cost.

I would say with the number currently on the market vs made there is about a 30% chance that if he asked for his deposit back he would be inconviencing Spooky and then also it would go to someone else that only plans to resell.

Seems pretty silly to me.

You also keep overlooking the point that at face value he is happy to keep it and take shipment. Seems liek he saw 5 other all asking 9kplus and figured why not put one up for less than the actual flippers and see if someone wants the game more than him.

I am sure we have all done this calculation in our head.

Game X is worth YYY amount to me, but if someone else wants it for ZZZZ, then I would sell it.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally would like them to switch to a only 50% refundable. Keep it simple. 1k down, if at anytime you want your money back then they will refund 50% of it. This would only be fair since they need to deal with the actual refund and reselling a game that you committed to.

Then just charge a $500 deposit to begin with?

To me the entire point of a deposit is a commitment. Same as buying a house a car anything. To put down a deposit says, "I am committed to buying this and I will be back with the rest of the money." It's money left with the seller as good faith, that the seller will have some sort of compensation if the deal falls through. The seller then tells all the other potential buyers it is sold. Then all of those buyers leave, if the deal falls through, the seller has to start over, thus wasting all the time and energy previously invested.

The whole point of a deposit is to be non refundable. Making the deposit refundable defeats the entire point....commitment, it eliminates the commitment, and anyone and everyone will place a deposit knowing at anytime they can get their money back at anytime.

So instead just take their word for it, most people value their word. Making a deposit is like backing up your word/promise with cash. Since in many cases people will promise to buy and never come back, the deposit was put in place to eliminate these types of untrustworthy people.

I have rental property, and quite frankly EVERYONE says "I'll take it" until I say I cannot reserve the property until I have a deposit, then all of a sudden, um oh well we have 2 more to look at yet today.

I sold a pinball machine on word to someone I didn't know....packaged it all up, palleted it, etc. Just for the guy to never contact me again. Unwrapped it and set it back up, relisted it. Kind of wish I would have charged a $200 deposit or something. Might have found out right then he wasn't 100% sure he wanted it.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Then just charge a $500 deposit to begin with?

I think the 1k deposit was initially requested as that is $$$$ used to actually get things moving. I think a $500 non-refundable deposit is more than fair.

Call it a $500 non-refundable deposit and $500 pre-produciton refundable build cost if you want. Either way, I wuold just suggest a $500 non-refundable poriton seems more than reasonable. Spooky should not care what happens to a game post sale, but never hurts to protect themselves from the speculation risk others are taking.

Again, what do any of us really know about running a pinball business

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Again, what do any of us really know about running a pinball business

I wish you would have said this two days ago.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Then let someone jump in and take the machine at cost. Most people are happy to break even if they make a big mistake on a purchase. But instead you wanna make a bigger profit then spooky on the machine. If thats the case take your shit sale to ebay or craigslist.

He owns the machine. He can do with it what he pleases. He can throw it off a cliff...he can try and sell it for $30K.

No reason to get bent out of shape over the OP making a legitimate sale post. A posted sale number is just that...a posted sale number. Let the guy try and sell it...I'm pretty confident that there's at least 150 buyers that might be interested in this one.

#159 7 years ago

All this jibber jabber about price and what to do, who's right and wrong, etc...... but the real question is..... after 4 days, has it sold yet?

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

So many hypocrites... everyone is a flipper in some sort of way. Everyone loves profit. Everyone likes easy money. Get over it...

Flipper Lives Matter!

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

All this jibber jabber about price and what to do, who's right and wrong, etc...... but the real question is..... after 4 days, has it sold yet?

last I heard there was plenty of interest and just waiting on firm commitment. Given it is the lowest priced game available currently and the silence of seller, that usually means a deal is in the works. I am sure we will hear once it is all settled.

#162 7 years ago

This thread is so ridiculous. Everyone knows how to spend everyone else's money the right way and how to run someone's business.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Flipper Lives Matter!

the ... All Balls Matter! & Make America Flip Again! Tour & Pony Show!

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This thread is so ridiculous. Everyone knows how to spend everyone else's money the right way and how to run someone's business.

That's the Pinside way

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Having heavily participated, I can concur... it's absolutely ridiculous (not the OP's sale...but the thread content )

#166 7 years ago

I didn't realize so many people were unhappy with the possibility of a refund. You guys also want them to charge 100% of the game sight unseen many months or years before delivery too?

#167 7 years ago

I'd buy one at cost today and not flip it...just saying

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from GRR:

I'd buy one at cost today and not flip it...just saying

unlikely to happen but possible. Are you still on the waitlist and how deep?

#169 7 years ago

Rob Zombie is sold! Thanks for all the free bumps. A donation to Pinside will be made.

#170 7 years ago

Congrats! A happy buyer and a happy seller despite all of the noise.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-rob-zombies-spookshow-international/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.