(Topic ID: 164287)

For sale/Trade: Rob Zombie's Spookshow Int.- Sold!

By MikeS

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
snowflakes1_(resized).jpg
used_(resized).JPG
Abba_Foil_(resized).jpg
money_booth1_(resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Thought this was a for sale thread

That's true. This obviously derailed in a major way...

Lots of free bumps. Hope the OP sells!

#102 7 years ago

One thing I appreciate about Spooky's approach is that it leaves room for themes that may not have enough middle aged dude mass appeal for Stern to do but would easily sell 500+ games. Think cool original themes, Iron Maiden, Muppets, hell even My Little Pony could find 500 bronies/dads with daughters who love MLP. And as such a dad who has seen too many MLP episodes, there's more than enough material for lots of quests, callouts, etc. Talk about a good excuse to extend the man cave into the play room...

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

One thing I appreciate about Spooky's approach is that it leaves room for themes that may not have enough middle aged dude mass appeal for Stern to do but would easily sell 500+ games. Think cool original themes, Iron Maiden, Muppets, hell even My Little Pony could find 500 bronies/dads with daughters who love MLP. And as such a dad who has seen too many MLP episodes, there's more than enough material for lots of quests, callouts, etc. Talk about a good excuse to extend the man cave into the play room...

As long as they dip into the Wiggles...

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

No thank you. Besides, dominos is a weird machine... there's no cap, yes, but it's also not a game made with traditional location/collector market in mind. You know that...
We are going to have to disagree to disagree, in general. There's no way you're going to convince me that a company revels in under selling its market, leaving money on the table so collectors have meat on the bone to immediately flip for a decent percentage profit. RZ... Waiting list of unmet buyers and speculators comfortable in dumping money and trying to take advantage of demand is hardly an indication of a sweet spot being found.

Are you on the RZ waiting list? Sounds like complaints from someone on the waiting list.

Spooky decided on 300 units to help the business grow at a rate they are comfortable with. They don't want to over promise and under deliver, and this is already DOUBLING their production of the previous game. They are only making 300 and are profitable doing that.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are you on the RZ waiting list?

Already been answered.

No...not even on the radar.

#106 7 years ago

I wonder if spooky will let me pre order 10 games and bail if I can't upsell his games for him and take the profits.

#107 7 years ago

Bump for a GREAT seller and game!

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder if spooky will let me pre order 10 games and bail if I can't upsell his games for him and take the profits.

When I made the deposit on RZ I was under the impression that my refund was non-refundable as it was never stated as such. My intention all along was to take delivery of my game even though I didn't know what my situation would be 1.5 years later. Even if I pre-sell my game before it is ready to be picked up I am still relieving Spooky of their financial risk as I am following through on a promise to purchase via my deposit. I think it would be a mistake to make all deposits refundable. What happens if the next game is a dud and everyone requests a refund? Then Spooky is left holding the bag. This isn't fair at all! If you make a deposit you should follow through on it or at least find an alternate buyer without having to bring Spooky into the mix. That just brings on more work for them for no additional money/incentive.

As far as the reason that I decided to sell my game there are several. The biggest is that I have young children at home and I fear that this game may not be appropriate for them and possibly scare them. At the time I signed up for the game my son was one and wasn't speaking or into pinball at all so I figured I could buy the game for myself and enjoy it and maybe he wouldn't think anything of it. Now that he is two he's really taken a liking to pinball and knows the names of all the machines and plays them on a daily basis. I also have a 3 mo old daughter and I have a feeling she'll be the same way when she is older. I've already had to sell one game (Strange Science) because my son was terrified of the monkey on the backglass. I was also looking to buy a TWD a little while back and brought my son along to playtest and he started playing but when he looked up at the backglass he got a scared look on his face and said he didn't want to play it any more because it was scary! I have a feeling he may have the same thought's/feelings on RZ and that it's potential stay in my line-up would be limited. The other reason comes down to price. I have no desire to have an $8K+ game at home and would find more value in having a couple of cheaper games (Stern Pro's possibly) at a cheaper price. When I saw that these were being listed for stupid money I saw a chance to save myself the risk of the eventual disappointment of taking delivery of the game and possibly being forced to sell in short time due to pressure from my kids and wife. In the meantime this would also free up the funds that I have allocated for RZ now to spend on a more family friendly title that my kids and I can enjoy now. that's all there is to it. I didn't buy it to flip and circumstances change in people's lives!

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When I made the deposit on RZ I was under the impression that my refund was non-refundable as it was never stated as such. My intention all along was to take delivery of my game even though I didn't know what my situation would be 1.5 years later. Even if I pre-sell my game before it is ready to be picked up I am still relieving Spooky of their financial risk as I am following through on a promise to purchase via my deposit. I think it would be a mistake to make all deposits refundable. What happens if the next game is a dud and everyone requests a refund? Then Spooky is left holding the bag. This isn't fair at all! If you make a deposit you should follow through on it or at least find an alternate buyer without having to bring Spooky into the mix. That just brings on more work for them for no additional money/incentive.
As far as the reason that I decided to sell my game there are several. The biggest is that I have young children at home and I fear that this game may not be appropriate for them and possibly scare them. At the time I signed up for the game my son was one and wasn't speaking or into pinball at all so I figured I could buy the game for myself and enjoy it and maybe he wouldn't think anything of it. Now that he is two he's really taken a liking to pinball and knows the names of all the machines and plays them on a daily basis. I also have a 3 mo old daughter and I have a feeling she'll be the same way when she is older. I've already had to sell one game (Strange Science) because my son was terrified of the monkey on the backglass. I was also looking to buy a TWD a little while back and brought my son along to playtest and he started playing but when he looked up at the backglass he got a scared look on his face and said he didn't want to play it any more because it was scary! I have a feeling he may have the same thought's/feelings on RZ and that it's potential stay in my line-up would be limited. The other reason comes down to price. I have no desire to have an $8K+ game at home and would find more value in having a couple of cheaper games (Stern Pro's possibly) at a cheaper price. When I saw that these were being listed for stupid money I saw a chance to save myself the risk of the eventual disappointment of taking delivery of the game and possibly being forced to sell in short time due to pressure from my kids and wife. In the meantime this would also free up the funds that I have allocated for RZ now to spend on a more family friendly title that my kids and I can enjoy now. that's all there is to it. I didn't buy it to flip and circumstances change in people's lives!

Nobody needs to know all of this. Your game is for sale, not your life story. You don't need to justify or explain your decision to sell it and nobody cares about the reasons why.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody needs to know all of this. Your game is for sale, not your life story. You don't need to justify or explain your decision to sell it and nobody cares about the reasons why.

I agree and that's why I didn't put my life story in my original FS post. I'm not really bothered by people telling me to SIUMA and calling me a scalper but thought I'd try to explain my reasoning for anyone wanting to buy or sell to me in the future.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they get greedy and jack up the price, the scalpers will sit the next round out and they won't sell out their run.

If your business is premised on the hope that scalpers will buy your goods, then you're in trouble over the long haul.

No one ever said the flippers have the price right...yet. But there is a serious line of buyers out there, that we know for sure.

#112 7 years ago

rz pin for sale. all sold out, op will sell at a slight profit. buy it or move on.
glwts

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree and that's why I didn't put my life story in my original FS post. I'm not really bothered by people telling me to SIUMA and calling me a scalper but thought I'd try to explain my reasoning for anyone wanting to buy or sell to me in the future.

As you pointed out...you own the pin. You can do whatever you want with it...you're making the smart move...zero harm in seeing what the market will bring. Sell it for more, sell it for less... ask $13K... ask $5K.... you can do whatever you want.

It will sell, no doubt, and your reputation is 100% intact and solid.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Pokemon

#115 7 years ago

If I was Charlie I would mail MikeS back his check and give his game to the next person on waiting list.

If I was a moderator I would close this thread.

The op is more scattered than chip flakes on a new epoxy garage floor.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If I was Charlie I would mail MikeS back his check and give his game to the next person on waiting list.
If I was a moderator I would close this thread.
The op is more scattered than chip flakes on a new epoxy garage floor.

No need for the personal insults dude! It's only pinball.

I'm following through on my contract to purchase the game. What's the difference If I take delivery of the game and ship it out within a few days vs. keeping it for 6 months and selling it. It's my game and I'm taking delivery either way. I suppose in the future anytime someone buys a game either new or used they should never be allowed to sell it for more than they purchased it for. I've got $5500 ready and waiting for a TronLE if anyone is selling

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've got $5500 ready and waiting for a TronLE if anyone is selling

dont do that, it is not a very good game

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm a fan of Rob Zombie's movies and music and think the game is great but honestly no pinball machine is worth this kind of money to me

Quoted from MikeS:

I've got $5500 ready and waiting for a TronLE if anyone is selling

#119 7 years ago

8000 minus 5500... 2500 difference.

simple math ZenTron.

No game is worth 8000 to the op
Pleanty of games worht 5500 to the op

LOL, funny stuff right there.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

8000 minus 5500... 2500 difference.
simple math ZenTron.
No game is worth 8000 to the op
Pleanty of games worht 5500 to the op
LOL, funny stuff right there.

I read it as $5500 reserved to put towards a TronLE .

#121 7 years ago

Whysnow, Do you think Metallica is kid/infant friendly?
(Knowing a child is afraid of a monkey on the backglass of Strange Science)

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I read it as $5500 reserved to put towards a TronLE .

No. $5500 is what they first sold for before capitalism got involved.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont do that, it is not a very good game

Trade bait ?

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

yeah, metallica is comical in stylings/art and kids seems to love the cartoon sparky getting shocked. Nothing really scary on Metallica.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, metallica is comical in stylings/art and kids seems to love the cartoon sparky getting shocked. Nothing really scary on Metallica.

They also love it when you get a 4x sparky JP.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Do you have kids? I have three and sold off a bunch of games that "frightened my kids". There really isn't rhyme or reason as to what is a kid friendly game, kids are kids.

It's crazy this thread is getting so much attention, I get it when someone like Hilton tries to sell a game way over purchase price, as he berates others that do the same..... This isn't a Hilton thread, this is a Mike (the seller) thread. Mike is one of the most polite and honest people I have ever met.

Bump for a great seller, and more-so a great person.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The biggest is that I have young children at home and I fear that this game may not be appropriate for them and possibly scare them. At the time I signed up for the game my son was one and wasn't speaking or into pinball at all so I figured I could buy the game for myself and enjoy it and maybe he wouldn't think anything of it. Now that he is two he's really taken a liking to pinball and knows the names of all the machines and plays them on a daily basis. I also have a 3 mo old daughter and I have a feeling she'll be the same way when she is older.

wait, wat? you're just now figuring out that young kids like big, loud flashy things?

I really have no opinion either way on your reselling the game, but I do find your sudden realization of your family situation to be pretty funny hiding something like a rob zombie pinball from a 3 year old.. that's a lot of nope

#128 7 years ago

Another Pinside FS thread gone to shit. Pretty sad really and you have to pay for the privelage to sell here.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

No. $5500 is what they first sold for before capitalism got involved.

You should of went for the BBB Mike.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You should have bought all 300 and mortgaged your home to put down $1k each. Then you could have set resell price at $7.5k and collected your hard earned, much deserved profit on every unit sold. Oh well, maybe next time.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It's crazy this thread is getting so much attention, I get it when someone like Hilton tries to sell a game way over purchase price, as he berates others that do the same..... This isn't a Hilton thread, this is a Mike (the seller) thread. Mike is one of the most polite and honest people I have ever met.

Haven't you heard Tim, I have changed my mind on this subject. It is the reality of the hobby now. Flip away. Test the waters for market. Do your thing.

I will still of course call out overpriced games much like you do.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Another Pinside FS thread gone to shit. Pretty sad really and you have to pay for the privelage to sell here.

Just think of these as free bumps to the top of the forum

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Just think of these as free bumps to the top of the forum

Exactly.

The big no-no is going after a seller. ...that's what destroys a FS thread.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

wait, wat? you're just now figuring out that young kids like big, loud flashy things?
I really have no opinion either way on your reselling the game, but I do find your sudden realization of your family situation to be pretty funny hiding something like a rob zombie pinball from a 3 year old.. that's a lot of nope

Yeah I know. Probably naivety and wishful thinking on my part! Before kids I thought I'd still be able to do all the fun stuff I did before having kids still and that they wouldn't really cramp my lifestyle. Well, I can say that reality has set in and that has changed. Just ask any of my local friends how many pinball tournaments and league nights I've been able to attend lately.... Having kids is the best thing that happened to me but they do change your life more than you can ever imagine!

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just ask any of my local friends how many pinball tournaments and league nights I've been able to attend lately....

you did not hear... you were kicked out of league nights or ability to attend any local events. You have missed too many

Just give it a few more years and your boy will be dominating all the events. I am hoping his first official event will be MRP2017 or 2018... or Waunnabowl as that also seems very fitting!

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you did not hear... you were kicked out of league nights or ability to attend any local events. You have missed too many
Just give it a few more years and your boy will be dominating all the events. I am hoping his first official event will be MRP2017 or 2018... or Waunnabowl as that also seems very fitting!

Yep. A couple more years' and the kid should be ready! I think he would dominate if there was an under 3 year old category. He already knows how to trap and can actually aim to hit shots. He's never really been a shotgun flipper which is unusual for people starting out.

#137 7 years ago

So many hypocrites... everyone is a flipper in some sort of way. Everyone loves profit. Everyone likes easy money. Get over it...

Good luck with the sale OP... you need to raise your price!

#138 7 years ago

People should always leave money on the table to appease JoeBlow1234 on pinside. Duh.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You should have bought all 300 and mortgaged your home to put down $1k each. Then you could have set resell price at $7.5k and collected your hard earned, much deserved profit on every unit sold. Oh well, maybe next time.

Might as well, everyone else is doing it.

#140 7 years ago

The thing I don't understand is this,
How on earth did pinball prices get so high if no one can make a profit on pinball machines?
Your precious tz,af,bbb,mb would still be worth original retail minus depreciation.
:S)Shame on you for trying to make money on me. I only bend over for Hugh corporate entity's. Not guys having fun trying to support their hobby

#141 7 years ago

Based on what is posted on Spooky's website it makes it seem that refunds of deposits are not generally offered unless there is a hardship. I know this is contrary to what KT posted yesterday but in thinking back I don't ever recall being told that refunds were an option for deposits or that they were still filling game orders from a waitlist.

Here is the info from Spooky's page:
Q – What if I change my mind after I make my deposit? Do I get it back?
A – Here’s the deal… we aren’t a big company with buckets of cash, so when you make your deposit, BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR PURCHASE! All games here are basically made per order… From the first day at Spooky Pinball LLC, when we take a deposit it automatically goes directly into funding your game. Please don’t put a deposit down because our games are “limited” and you want to hold a spot in line. We pride ourselves in NOT showing games until they are nearly or fully complete so you know what you’re getting before you commit. Once your deposit is made, we consider the game yours, and you should do the same. We have had a couple customers “sell their spot in line” to friends, and we will work with you if something comes up that creates hardships… but again, your deposit is a commitment to buy, so please treat it as such.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Based on what is posted on Spooky's website it makes it seem that refunds of deposits are not generally offered unless there is a hardship. I know this is contrary to what KT posted yesterday but in thinking back I don't ever recall being told that refunds were an option for deposits or that they were still filling game orders from a waitlist.
Here is the info from Spooky's page:
Q – What if I change my mind after I make my deposit? Do I get it back?
A – Here’s the deal… we aren’t a big company with buckets of cash, so when you make your deposit, BE CONFIDENT IN YOUR PURCHASE! All games here are basically made per order… From the first day at Spooky Pinball LLC, when we take a deposit it automatically goes directly into funding your game. Please don’t put a deposit down because our games are “limited” and you want to hold a spot in line. We pride ourselves in NOT showing games until they are nearly or fully complete so you know what you’re getting before you commit. Once your deposit is made, we consider the game yours, and you should do the same. We have had a couple customers “sell their spot in line” to friends, and we will work with you if something comes up that creates hardships… but again, your deposit is a commitment to buy, so please treat it as such.

that was always my impression also. I actually think they should have a specific policy of either NO refunds on deposits or possibly 50% refund on deposits. That would not scare people off but only seems fair IMO.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yep. A couple more years' and the kid should be ready! I think he would dominate if there was an under 3 year old category. He already knows how to trap and can actually aim to hit shots. He's never really been a shotgun flipper which is unusual for people starting out.

RZ is an adult game - don't think I would have in house if had kids under 10.

Another free bump to the top

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed... just make sure the "adult mode" is disabled around them, too!

#145 7 years ago

my 3 year old is happy with it!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Having kids is the best thing that happened to me but they do change your life more than you can ever imagine!

damn man, you are starting to scare me now....

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Technically every game is Infant friendly, because they don't give a shit what's going on.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

damn man, you are starting to scare me now....

You just wait until Chloe is mobile and can talk back . You're on easy street right now bud!

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You just wait until Chloe is mobile and can talk back . You're on easy street right now bud!

If he only knew..... LOL... this thread will make him look back and remember the "good ole days"....

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When I made the deposit on RZ I was under the impression that my refund was non-refundable as it was never stated as such.

Spooky indicated from the beginning they would be ok with refunds if needed without a time limit.

Quoted from lordloss:

However, Spooky does frown on this practice. They have been clear they want to sell single games to individuals who want to keep it, meaning they prefer to give a refund so the next person on the waiting list gets a game. If they start getting abused by speculators, you can imagine many of the customer friendly practices will start getting thrown out the window.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-rob-zombies-spookshow-international/page/3?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.