(Topic ID: 164287)

For sale/Trade: Rob Zombie's Spookshow Int.- Sold!

By MikeS

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
snowflakes1_(resized).jpg
used_(resized).JPG
Abba_Foil_(resized).jpg
money_booth1_(resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale/Trade: Rob Zombie's Spookshow Int.- Sold!

Added: 2016-07-15 14:10:21 UTC • Ended: July 21st, 2016
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 8,000

Item description

I have a standard Rob Zombie on order. Game #213. I'd expect it to be ready to pickup in early 2017 at the current pace that Spooky is making games. It includes the upgraded LED's and plastic protectors. I'm a fan of Rob Zombie's movies and music and think the game is great but honestly no pinball machine is worth this kind of money to me!-But I'd be happy to be the proxy for someone that really wants one. Once the game is available I will pickup the machine direct from Spooky (I live about 70 min away) and I can either ship if you live in the U.S. (at buyer's expense) or have the game available for pickup by the new buyer. I live in Black Earth, WI which is just outside of Madison. I've been in this hobby for over 10 years and have an excellent reputation as a seller/buyer in this hobby and can be trusted. I can provide references if needed. I realize that this game could either be worth significantly more, the same, or less by the time the game is ready but I feel the price I am offering it for today reflects current market value and realize that a deal is a deal and I will honor whatever agreement we come up with.

Payment for the game would be $2.5K now and then another $5500 when it is ready to be picked up. I would also consider a few trades (GB Pro, Met Pro, GOT Pro) where I would add money now on my end to cover the difference above $2.5K. If this is something you may be interested in let me know and we can try to work something out. thanks! Mike

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are MikeS's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to MikeS's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Sauk City, WI, US

#2 7 years ago

Oh! Then why not just call Charlie and say "RZ isn't worth it,cancel my order and let someone else on the list that wants it have it"
Instead of trying to make profit on it.
Mike

#3 7 years ago

good luck with the sale or trade..

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Oh! Then why not just call Charlie and say "RZ isn't worth it,cancel my order and let someone else on the list that wants it have it"
Mike

Because RZ is worth $6500 or more to me. It's a cool game that's limited and has great artwork and sound and a challenging layout. It isn't worth $8500 to me but may be for someone else. Everything in my collection is for sale at the right price. They are just toys.

#5 7 years ago

And another GLWS Seems to me there were bunch sold in mind to make $ Now there is nothing wrong with that either

#6 7 years ago

Mike is a great seller and I would trust him with my life, so you can trust him with a pinball - put me down as a local reference.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Mike

If Charlie can profit from it, why cant he? Lol

#8 7 years ago

Pinball is the one hobby that could possibly have someone say "No way, no how, this is worth that much to me... but I'm going to try and sell it for that price..."

LOL.

Thank god it's the weekend...

OP, you can sell it for whatever you want... that's cool... but you have certainly broken through to new levels of honesty! Crazy thing is... I think you'll get your $8,500. GLWTS

#9 7 years ago

Mike is a good seller.

Mike > be sure you stop over to play the one at AltBrew before you sell. Even at 8500, you may regret it later.

Afterall, you are known for buying back games you previously had for higher prices later on

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mike is a good seller.
Mike > be sure you stop over to play the one at AltBrew before you sell. Even at 8500, you may regret it later.
Afterall, you are known for buying back games you previously had for higher prices later on

I'm hoping to make it out to Alt sometime within the next week to put some serious playtime on it! Alt-Brew's limited hours and having two little one's at home doesn't make it easy. I enjoyed it when I played it back in January! I still may decide to keep it.. It's just that when I see these trading hands for $9K plus it makes me question whether I want to own something that valuable or rare. There isn't a machine in existence that I would personally pay that much for.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There isn't a machine in existence that I would personally pay that much for

Sorry dude, we both know that isn't true....

Abba_Foil_(resized).jpgAbba_Foil_(resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Op is being honest and has a right to sell or trade it for whatever he thinks Market is.I applaud his moxy !

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sorry dude, we both know that isn't true....

Where in the hell did you find that picture? Ah,the late 70's. I still say Anni-Frid was the way more hotter one.

Mike is a great seller, if I was interested in the game, I wouldn't think twice.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Where in the hell did you find that picture? Ah,the late 70's. I still say Anni-Frid was the way more hotter one.
Mike is a great seller, if I was interested in the game, I wouldn't think twice.

Is Anni-Frid the one on the far right?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Op is being honest and has a right to sell or trade it for whatever he thinks Market is.I applaud his moxy !

Not that I disagree, but when you have one up for trade (value $8800) at the same time - well.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Is Anni-Frid the one on the far right?

No, but he's not bad either.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Not that I disagree, but when you have one up for trade (value $8800) at the same time - well.

So what's your point ? I did mine after I saw his and thought it was one heck of an idea.The Op had a great idea.In fact, we are in different geographical areas, so I doubt that we interfere with either one.Imitation is the best form of flattery....

Bump.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

So what's your point ?

If you didn't have one up for trade it would come across as more sincere of a statement supporting your fellow pinsider. Knowing you have one up for trade, taking such a strong stance - it diminishes your credibility or objectivity just a tad. Just sayin.

Free bump for OP. I hope both of you get what you're asking.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

If you didn't have one up for trade it would come across as more sincere of a statement supporting your fellow pinsider. Knowing you have one up for trade, taking such a strong stance - it diminishes your credibility or objectivity just a tad. Just sayin.

Billy,I still have No Idea what the heck your point is.Are you trying to be the "Voice of the Oppressed Masses" ?
It's just pinballs...Let it go Dude...

#20 7 years ago

And Billy, I never brought up my FS/FT in this thread, you did.I'm just trying to make sense of all your verbalization.
Geeeeez...

#21 7 years ago

Guys can we please get back to ABBA, thank you! Bump!

#22 7 years ago

Thanks for all the bumps guys and the kind words! Had a few inquiries but not sold yet. In honor of my first job as a high schooler at Kmart I'm doing a "blue light special" on the price and lowering to $8k. Still a lot of dough but the cheapest RZ on the market here by far! Im in no hurry to sell but don't feel the need to squeeze top dollar or gouge anyone on price here either.

#23 7 years ago

Pinside is so funny. Had Charlie originally asked $7500 to $8k for RZ, people would have bitched and moaned. Now people are clamoring to spend that thinking they are getting a rare item. Ironic.

#24 7 years ago

Maybe people are hoping it is the next Big Bang Bar?!?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Pinside is so funny. Had Charlie originally asked $7500 to $8k for RZ, people would have bitched and moaned. Now people are clamoring to spend that thinking they are getting a rare item. Ironic.

Kool aid guzzlers

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Now people are clamoring to spend that thinking they are getting a rare item.

Are they? I might have missed one or a few, but I've only seen ONE that claims to have sold. That is not a trend.

Oh, and mine will NOT for sale; not even once I actually have it in hand.

#27 7 years ago

Mines 7999
no longer cheapest

Anyways glwt and screw the haters

It is a fun game by the way

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Maybe people are hoping it is the next Big Bang Bar?!?

Far from .....

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Let it go Dude...

Quoted from badbilly27:

Bump for OP.

#30 7 years ago

There's a difference between a handful of collectors who will pay $9k and selling out an entire run of a machine at $9k.

#31 7 years ago

Seems like a short sighted race to the bottom selling now

used_(resized).JPGused_(resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago

It would please me to see this sit unsold. Glad I'm not local and can honestly say I'll never buy a machine from the op.... s.i.u.y.a maybe someone will pay an extra 2k to see that.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Glad I'm not local and can honestly say I'll never buy a machine from the op.... s.i.u.y.a

Mike is a great seller. I am not sure why you would have an issue buying from him. He is pretty clear >> he likes RZ at 6500, but when they are selling for over face, he is cool to sell. He is a straight shooter and his price actually is lower than any of the others currently for sale and probably around where the secondary market will settle.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mike is a great seller. I am not sure why you would have an issue buying from him. He is pretty clear >> he likes RZ at 6500, but when they are selling for over face, he is cool to sell. He is a straight shooter and his price actually is lower than any of the others currently for sale and probably around where the secondary market will settle.

Great seller pins sell in seconds.... scalpers not so much.

#35 7 years ago

Cheapest RZ on the marketplace by at least $500-$3500 bump! I've sold a lot of games over the years (many to Pinsiders) and I have always had great interactions and happy customers. As far as I know my deposit with Spooky is non-refundable and even so they shouldn't be burdened with having to sell the game that I agreed to purchase via my deposit. I'm providing a service to the buyer where I will purchase a game on their behalf, take the time to drive to Benton and pick up the game up, and then ship it to them.-most likely having to take time off work to do so.

I have at least one potential deal in the works, but want to see if there's perhaps anything local or possibly involving one of the games on my trade wishlist.(Met Pro, GB Pro, GOT Pro). I'd possibly entertain offers for other games as well. I also need to get out and play the local RZ on route this week and see if I'm making a mistake by selling.-I haven't played the game since January. If you're interested in working out a deal let me know. thanks,
Mike

#36 7 years ago

It cracks me up when people want to play price police and really annoying when people want to crap on a for sale thread. Then you get the people who say the seller is a standup guy. To an extent pinside has become like CL with many people flipping games and people defending prices. I don't blame anyone for making money if people are willing to pay it...it sucks but that is what has happened in this hobby.

Now it amazes me how many RZ pins have come up for sale. Some have only a handful of plays and some are not even delivered. For people that are supposedly "STANDUP " guys I find it very disrespectful to Spooky when they have politely asked for people that don't want their games to let it go so the next person on the list may get one. There are plenty of people that would like to have this game and not flip it. If you are going to flip it at least take delivery of the game then flip it.....there is nothing standup about flipping a game they don't even have....it's disrespectful to Spooky and a slap in the face to those wanting a chance to buy one. I think that's the heartburn many folks have with so many RZ for sale so quick.

And to the OP no offense was meant as your game will sell and you are only doing what others are doing. But there is a reason why some folks are a little upset about RZ sales at the moment. Seems very few are letting it go to the next in the list as was asked by Spooky.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Seems very few are letting it go to the next in the list as was asked by Spooky.

pretty sure that request was for WHEN they were taking deposits. My understanding is that deposits are non-refundable at this stage.

Do you expect a seller to ditch the $1000 deposit rather than resell a game and advertise it below what others are?

Worth mention that a healthy secondary market is actually a good thing in any limited edition arena. Pretty sure Charlie is stoked to see games selling on the secondary for more than original cost. If they were selling for less then he may not be so happy.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Worth mention that a healthy secondary market is actually a good thing in any limited edition arena.

The aftermarket don't look too healthy to me.

If people aren't able to scalp these games en masse for a quick profit, will that affect future Spooky runs? I have to admit I was pretty surprised when this latest game sold out in days.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If people aren't able to scalp these games en masse for a quick profit, will that affect future Spooky runs?

nah, most people still see the value in a 6k-6500 game with a good theme, unique layout, american made, fun to play, etc...

Lots just testing the waters after seeing one sell for 50% markup.

All that will really impact future Spooky games are the games themself. To me it seems production quality has improved, coding is on track and progressing, manufacturing is getting better all the time. Spooky has a good trajectory in the limited run market.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure that request was for WHEN they were taking deposits. My understanding is that deposits are non-refundable at this stage.
Do you expect a seller to ditch the $1000 deposit rather than resell a game and advertise it below what others are?
Worth mention that a healthy secondary market is actually a good thing in any limited edition arena. Pretty sure Charlie is stoked to see games selling on the secondary for more than original cost. If they were selling for less then he may not be so happy.

Hmm....not sure if the deposit is refundable or not.....there is a list of people still wanting one so I am sure there is way for it to work out with Spooky and the next guy on the list and everyone is happy. They seem to be very easy going and I have never heard anything but good about how Spooky is trying to do things.

I am sure Spooky is happy to see demand for his games on the secondary market. Competition is great for our hobby and for new games Stern had a monopoly for a long time.

For a game that is so limited I can't believe how many have come up for sale so quick. When BBB was made by IPB were there many for sale so quick like this? Just curious if anyone remembers. Not saying RZ is the next BBB as that was a different time for pinball....

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

When BBB was made by IPB were there many for sale so quick like this?

Yes there were..... And people were laughing when those sellers had the gall and try to ask 8-9k for one at the time. The difference with BBB was that those people had all their money tied up into that game for a very long time, without knowing whether or not it would actually get done.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yes there were..... And people were laughing when those sellers had the gall and try to ask 8-9k for one at the time. The difference with BBB was that those people had all their money tied up into that game for a very long time, without knowing whether or not it would actually get done.

My understanding was people were laughing at the $5k NIB price for one as well. lol

Don't see why people are upset at Mike selling his spot. How many sold their Ghostbusters LEs before the game even was released.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

game for a very long time, without knowing whether or not it would actually get done.

curious, what was a "long time" and how does it compare to the wait for JJP games?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, what was a "long time" and how does it compare to the wait for JJP games?

It's been awhile, but going from memory... At least 4 years. Also remember BBB almost fell apart halfway through and Kerry Stair finished what others didn't. If it weren't for him, I don't know what BBB would be today.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Pinside members should keep there mouth shut of there not buying! Not trying to pick a pin apart just so u can show how knowledgeable you think you are. Most people not interested in buying a pin want to say how overpriced one is so they can buy one cheaper when there ready. Also I thought it was against pinside rules to price police but lots of you assh@les do it anyway. Imo

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, what was a "long time" how does it compare to the wait for JJP games?

Well....I know a couple of people that bought BBB and I believe it was like around $5K which at the time was CRAZY money for a pin. It was a risk and I think it was about 3 years for Gene to get the games built. At that time pinball was in decline and it was truly the collectors that paid for Gene to make it happen. No one knew what was gonna happen with price/value at the time.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe it was announced at Expo 2004 ($2,500 deposit required) and delivery started in Europe in late 2006. In the USA, BBB started reaching homes in 2007. So, the answer to your question is just a little under 3 years.

For more information about BBB, you can read up at http://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html

Funny anecdote ...

Gene was at TPF 2007 with a Gold Edition BBB. He was willing to sell for $8K, and I almost bought it as I had over $10K in cash due to selling other games at the TPF. But he insisted that even if I bought it, he was going to take it with him and then ship it to me once the other BBB games were shipping in the USA. So I passed. In hindsight, I made a tremendous mistake. At the time, I was pissed that he expected me to pay $8K in cash on the spot as well as not give me the game right there.

Marcus

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Cheapest RZ on the marketplace by at least $500-$3500 bump! I've sold a lot of games over the years (many to Pinsiders) and I have always had great interactions and happy customers. As far as I know my deposit with Spooky is non-refundable and even so they shouldn't be burdened with having to sell the game that I agreed to purchase via my deposit. I'm providing a service to the buyer where I will purchase a game on their behalf, take the time to drive to Benton and pick up the game up, and then ship it to them.-most likely having to take time off work to do so.
I have at least one potential deal in the works, but want to see if there's perhaps anything local or possibly involving one of the games on my trade wishlist.(Met Pro, GB Pro, GOT Pro). I'd possibly entertain offers for other games as well. I also need to get out and play the local RZ on route this week and see if I'm making a mistake by selling.-I haven't played the game since January. If you're interested in working out a deal let me know. thanks,
Mike

Beat me by $500

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The aftermarket don't look too healthy to me.
If people aren't able to scalp these games en masse for a quick profit, will that affect future Spooky runs? I have to admit I was pretty surprised when this latest game sold out in days.

The fact that (1) there are quite a few flippers that obviously took slots to simply buy and sell for a profit and (2) the asking prices on the flip are already hitting $8K... Spooky and Co. would be absolutely fools not to (1) crank the price up on the next title or (2) stop this silliness of "we're only selling 150 or 300...and that's it, forever."

Spooky basically admitted that they got cold feet on AMH and set an arbitrary cut-off to drive demand. It worked. They sold their games. It was a nice story. Pin #2 came and they upped the stakes and went for a larger run. Obviously, the run was/is still too small AND they are leaving money on the table.

Perhaps a limited run should have driven a more aggressive price. If this RZ table really is that good...and the real market value is in the $7-$8K range, they are potentially leaving $300 to $600K on the table (not to mention indirectly removing money from the market that could have been potentially spent on future Spooky products). That's not good business. Even if they claim to be keeping pinball affordable, the mere fact that supposed pinball bros that Spooky is "generously pricing for" are turning around and making a slick profit before the game is even delivered (because Spooky misread the marketplace), then that's a serious slap in the face of Spooky from its own customer, IMO.

I'm not saying customers shouldn't do it. The market is the market. We all set the market with every deal with make... We all know that's the fact. If a pin sells at or near an asking price, then that's the market. No shame on the seller. And sellers can ALWAYS ask for as little or as much as they want. Right?

The ball is in Spooky's court on this one and the answer is painfully obvious. Tell your customers: We'll take 300 first run orders on Game X. If it sells quickly, we will initiate buy-in on a second run of X number of games. If it doesn't sell, we'll cap it at 300 for the time being with the possibility of reopening production again at a later year if we have enough pre-order requests.

Plain and simple. They control the market for their product. And if the true buying market for that product is willing to pay more on the secondary market, then Spooky needs to adjust second run pricing.

Free bump for the seller. GLWS. Free advice for Spooky. GLWTF (the future).

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The ball is in Spooky's court on this one and the answer is painfully obvious. Tell your customers: We'll take 300 first run orders on Game X. If it sells quickly, we will initiate buy-in on a second run of X number of games.

Yeah, but then some snobby pinballers will be mad that the game will be open to everyone. How dare they make enough for demand! Their snowflake pinball collection isn't as unique if everyone gets one.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-saletrade-rob-zombies-spookshow-international and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.